Thread: Rather confused connect nav+ owner

Masie is offline Private
    Thanks

Rather confused connect nav+ owner

I have an ALFA GT from 11-2004 with a Connect Nav+ navigation NIT G1 I think, can anyone confirm this is right from the attached picture ?
    Rather confused connect nav+ owner-20110917_002.jpg

I also like to know what firmware's are supposed to be available for this. as I can't seem to find the right ones.
    I tried the firmware from below here , but it doesn't seem to work for me, it reboots every time with a message : cannot find file ....
    [DOWNLOAD] Connect Nav V.12.3 FIRMWARE UPDATE + Italy Map 2010-2011

and as I understand this firmware is an update for the connect part of the system.
    will this also improve the view of the maps ? as it looks rather 80's to me.

are there other alfa navigation systems that will work in the GT ? like a blue and me system ?

of course I want to keep the connect part working ( connection and communication to the rest of the cars system)

Masie

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,583 Times in 176 Posts

Re: Rather confused connect nav+ owner

The look and feel is indeed rather 80's or worse. It was a disaster on the design table and worse when it was fitted and never will be a decent navigation system.
    I would suggest not to try and update the system with anything else then an original cd. You are looking for trouble with these bootleg copies of which you do not know the quality untill your system crashes

The update will not improve the view of the maps

You can of course take out the system and fit a completely new one. Keeping the connect part will not be possible
    I suggest you not to consider anything form the Magneti Marelli origin.
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Masie is offline Private
    Thanks

Thank you , for quick and clear response.

this firmware (12.3) should be also working on my system ? i should only order a cd from alfa then , I saw it is only a 12 euros or something so not to much of a problem.

I saw later alfa GT's had option fitment for blue and me navigation systems , are these as worse as the connect systems ?

Masie
    Last edited by Masie; 17th September 2011 at 11:04.

Thanks

Would would you like to achieve with an update? Amd if the update fails and bricks your unit which is very common for a car of that age, especially when someone has smoked in it for some time.
    There is absolutely no reason to update only because an update is available.

Blue & Me is a system that will not fit your car's interior, it is either USB stcik or SD Card baes and the first system was made obsolete after 2 years
    Try to get an update for this Magneti Marelli junk!

Masie is offline Private
    Thanks

ok , I wanted to update it as I understood it will understand mp3 with an update, right ?

little contradictory here first you say don't update if you don't need it, then you say get an update for it

Thanks for your advice though all a lot clearer now and I will call my alfa dealership if they have or can get me a cd.

Masie

Thanks

You misunderstand the advices
    If you really cannot resist the urge to update, do it with an original. The risk is less but no success is guaranteed!

I am not aware a simple update would enable the unit to read MP3 CD's. That would only be possible with additional hardware. So forget it

Masie is offline Private
    Thanks

Alfa 147 2007 Connect Nav+ - Alfa Romeo Forum
    See link, they say about the connect nav that it is compatible for mp3 with newer firmware.

or is this again another connect nav system ?

edit:
    By the way I know this link says it is about the alfa 147 connect nav+ but my code card from my connect plus also says it is for alfa 147 instead of GT although it is in my GT and working

Masie
    Last edited by Masie; 17th September 2011 at 19:20.

Thanks

It depends on witch firmware you have, is it firmware X.XX you can play MP3/upgrade to MP3 (upgrade 5.00 are the release for mp3). if its X.XX you can not upgrade. For both firmware you get a better nav with the upgrade and some improvment with the player. But as mention above, the are many people around that have got problem.

Thanks

Hello

Have somebody the CD to change language on alfa romeo 147 selespeed software is 25.00

Masie is offline Private
    Thanks

Suddenly last weeks I started having a problem with navigation. now often when I try to plan a route it says it can not calculate the route.

route calculation is on shortest time

if I change it to shortest distance then it will calculate, but it often doesn't give me highways then.

if changing back to shortest time it says again it can not calculate the route.

I know from before that there are also routes that I used in the past and then it worked on shortest time.

is there a way to reset something ?
    or does anyone has some idea why this is suddenly happening ?

Masie