GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Who did the flash dump form Connect navi AR159/brera

Thanks

Who did the flash dump form Connect navi AR159/brera

Guys,

I was not so lucky when updating my connect navi unit from firmware 11.02 to 12.3. Something went wrong and Cd stucked inside and cannot be ejected by a button. On the display I see only boot screen with Alfa Romeo logo. Seems that this flash file was corrupted and unit is blocked.I am looking for someone who have the same model of magneti marelli navigation and is able to read flash using programmer.having flash file from working unit I can repair mine.On my unit is working flash TE28F640.this chip was present on the unit with HW:05035502741.7.Is there anybody who can help me???Any help is highly appreciated.Please just send me PM

P.S. before updating it is better to secure yourself by doing flash backup.This is the only and cheapest way to avoid similar problem like mine.Reading flash at car audio shop is not worth much like 20Eu.Backup file can be then burn on any CD or PENDRIVE.As so far repairing can be done only in Italy and Germany as so far and want 300-400E + shipping.The highest price for repairing was offered by Magneti Marelli checkstar 800Eu!!!

Who did the flash dump form Connect navi AR159/brera-dscn0084.jpgWho did the flash dump form Connect navi AR159/brera-13102010952.jpgWho did the flash dump form Connect navi AR159/brera-dscn0148.jpgWho did the flash dump form Connect navi AR159/brera-dscn0081.jpg
    Last edited by lukasz78; 3rd December 2010 at 12:53.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lukasz78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Who did the flash dump form Connect navi AR159/brera

Repaired as described but there are following observations.

1) Each time connect is connected to CAN network, Master code is requested.
    2) No issue with working of the unit (navigation working, CD and CDC plays - OK)
    3) Only language of interface can be change to different that italian.Voice each time stays Italian (Procedure failure observed each time).
    3) I tried to change software to v.12.3 but it is not possible due to TFFS issue as attached

Conclusion:Flash TE28F640 is not the only one memory on the unit which has to be copied and rewritten to bring unit really to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who did the flash dump form Connect navi AR159/brera-update-version-12.3-after-reflashing.jpg  
    Last edited by lukasz78; 2nd February 2011 at 14:54. Reason: Update

Thanks

If I may connect to this thread...

I've killed my 2005 Alfa GT Nav+ (Phillips drive ver.)... therefore I am looking for flash from it (Magneti Marelli Nav+)
    R.O.Part: 735365490

If anyone knows anything I'd be most grateful - af this unit is almost impossible to find ;((

Thanks!
    Mazur

nobadwords is offline Banned
    Thanks

You can find here upgrade softw. for Alfa, just use button search...

Thanks

Mine went wrong aswell, or so i thought, i couldnt get the cd out and it never finished. I went angry and hammered all the buttons. In the instruction it says to use 3456-9 but it turns out that on my brera i needed to use 3456-eject or 3456-next. Dont remember which one it was. When i got the right buttons the all the buttons lit up and it finished flashing.

-gob

Thanks

Hi gobba, I upgraded that in my 159 in the morning and I pushed buttons 3456 and fast forward. I tried many times the button 9 because it was mentioned in the instructions. Then I found Italian instructions and I understood that the number nine wasn't the correct button.

BRs,
    Vesa

Thanks

Dear Lukasz
    I have the same simptoms on my alfa 159 nav+,I made the update of firmware 12.3,and it was ok I put the new map g2,I comming home,and in the morning when I start the car the screen in is just white grey and no response,no sound,no eject cd nothing!
    I think is the bad flash?
    Can you help me wit some advice please?
    I am in Romania,east europe maybe with some tips please.....I just put the navi up,because my car it was with cd player!
    Thank you!