Thread: PMD-B200 and/or NVE-P1 Unlock

Thanks

PMD-B200 and/or NVE-P1 Unlock

I have the PMD-B200 and NVE-P1; I want to unlock the gps unit and access wince desktop. I have seen zip files for nve-m900, could they be adapted for my units? Thanks for any help.

Thanks

Re: PMD-B200 and/or NVE-P1 Unlock

to unlock the PMD-B200P (the "second" version with Alpine's own version of IGO), you need to reset it, hold the up arrow when powering on. then when the update screen appears, reset it again and this time you need to hold the music button when powering up.normaly this works. if it doesn't (sometimes it doesn't, I don't know why), restart the whole procedure).

then you get a screen where you can choose to launch the satnav, WinCE, update, ... at the right bottom, there is a button "enable/disable menu" . if you set it to enable menu, everytime the unit is powered on you will come to this screen.

I am running this unit now with IGO8 and it works great.
    - just empty the "flashdrive". if it's not visible, go to "control panel", "storage manager", select "IDE hard disk", on the right panel, select "properties" and then select "mount". and close all windows.
    - copy the IGO map to the flashdrive and rename it "Alpine"
    - in the Alpine folder, rename the IGO.exe to AlpineNavi.exe and you are ready to go :dance:

srdjans is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

hi,i also have PMD-B200,i need one original map to start up unit .it is not a problem to instal igo maps ,but..some features don't work when you insert PMD in alpine head unit(voice of navigation works only when source is navi,also bluetoth..
    if you have original map please send my
    thanks
    ( make back up for your if you like to install again...)

ik8ozv is offline Private
    Thanks

Plase can anybody help me?
    I own a PMD-B200P 2.0. attached to an Alpine Iva-D106R
    I would like to Unlock it or upgrade the maps.
    I have tried to upgrade the maps but till i use it
    as portable it works perfectly but as i attach it to the IVA-D106R, i get the Audio loose.
    I cannot hear the guide and either the tick on the monitor.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Enzo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    to unlock the PMD-B200P (the "second" version with Alpine's own version of IGO), you need to reset it, hold the up arrow when powering on. then when the update screen appears, reset it again and this time you need to hold the music button when powering up.normaly this works. if it doesn't (sometimes it doesn't, I don't know why), restart the whole procedure).

then you get a screen where you can choose to launch the satnav, WinCE, update, ... at the right bottom, there is a button "enable/disable menu" . if you set it to enable menu, everytime the unit is powered on you will come to this screen.

I am running this unit now with IGO8 and it works great.
    - just empty the "flashdrive". if it's not visible, go to "control panel", "storage manager", select "IDE hard disk", on the right panel, select "properties" and then select "mount". and close all windows.
    - copy the IGO map to the flashdrive and rename it "Alpine"
    - in the Alpine folder, rename the IGO.exe to AlpineNavi.exe and you are ready to go :dance:
    I have tried several times the procedure but i can't get in the WINCE.
    Please what to do?
    Thanks Enzo.

Thanks

Today i unlocked my PMD-B200 first edition ! in 1 hour i was done and running Win Ce and Igo primo on it !!

So : the steps to do it right !!!

ooh , i forgot ! i was stuck in map update **** screen So what iw done ! :

1 reset , sound volume buton down + pover on ! update software screen came on ! (you need to download PMD-B200P Version 2.0 ) !!! dont wory it says error not completed ! it does work at end !

2 wait until update is 100% and it says update not completed error Bla bla bla...

resett ! unzip the ZIP update ! ON PC not on sd !!! then copy from PC and paste it to SD ! SDHC SD not work with this machine !

Reset again ! ! and follow these steps ( http://www.alpine.co.uk/fileadmin/PD...te_1_00_EN.pdf ) !

but dont Disable MENU AT END!!!!

Resett again ! and it will boot in MENU from where you can go in IGO or Win CE
    my machine is a PMD-B200 old !not new version ! not B200P !!!

Hope you get it im lovin it ! Im dancing so happy i got it right

How did i didd it ? Google and a lot of paciense try it for 5-10 times in the end will work ! Dont be ashame to thank me

Thanks

http://www.alpine.co.uk/fileadmin/PD...te_1_00_EN.pdf

Try this !!! it worked for me i have an american edition pmd-b200 old first edition and it worked !!!!

Thanks

Please does anybody use the PMD-B200P attached to a Source.
    I am using it with an autoradio Alpine IVA D-106R but after have tried or to update the Igo8 or to update
    a map as i attach it to the sorce i get the voice disappearing.
    If anyboody ha success can please help me to do so?
    Any help will be really appreciated.
    Enzo