Thread: Original GARMIN software for Android Smartphones?

Original GARMIN software for Android Smartphones?

I've been wondering if there is a way to somehow extract the original GARMIN software from my nuvi 205w and run it on my Android 4.0.4 smartphone, which is, by any means, faster than the actual nuvi itself. Has anyone ever dealt with the project? Every piece of advice appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Re: Original GARMIN software for Android Smartphones?

Not possible! You can't mix Linux based software with Android. We have to wait for the official Garmin release for smartphones (if there will be..)

Thank you for making this clear. Too bad I can't use the same maps I use in the actual nuvi.

Theoretical you can use the same maps, but on a different navigation software. You can make a good (or even better) deal if you install iGO Primo on your smartphone and load it with the newest NavteQ maps (2012.Q4) which are in Garmin terminology known as City Navigator NT 2013.41..

Some one ripped Garmin from a Asian tablet and it was working on android 4.04 to 4.12 I think. Look around www.noeman.org for it.
    I myself am waiting for someone to rip it out of the new Garmin android device. It Garmin to release it.
    written in your mud with my stick

It was actually ripped from a garmin Android phone!!!! I actually installed it on Samsung i8160!!! I found it had a pretty looking interface and i used nuvi maps from my nuvi200w but the "where to" appeared to do an online search instead of searching the actual map... anyway it was a nightmare to install from chinese and it appeared very buggy on andriod 4.1.2, it often froze amd restarted for no apparent reason. It was just "looks no brain" :-( i uninstalled and running garmins "Navigon" for android... and have not looked back!

Original Garmin on Android

Garmin have it's own brand to Android: Navigon For Android

Navigon are this brand Garmin use to both Iphone and Android
    IF YOU THINK MY POST OR SUPPORT ARE USEFULL THEN USE "THANKS" OR "LIKE" BUTTON