Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New French Law

n!k
    Thanks

Re: New French Law

The solution to this is dead easy.
    Rename "Radar" into "Danger Zone" and you are legal. Dixit Tomtom.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n!k For This Useful Post:

Enroute is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Are the radar jammers also banned? As they are in this country.[/QUOTE]

Oh Yes !! same as the UK law, Ok to sell them but Illegal to use them
    Fine + confiscation of device - mostly used on motorbikes here.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enroute For This Useful Post:

Charles1 is offline Private
    Thanks

How can you turn this feature off once you included the locations in your TomTom?
    Is a completely new download perhaps the only option once you go into France?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charles1 For This Useful Post:

alex_tzardea is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Enroute View Post
    Just a quick update if someone is visiting France another new ruling is every car has to have an alcohol breathalyser test on board (normally disposable ones)
    They cost around 1€ > 2€ each, There are apparently no excuses for not carrying one, everyone here is asking what this will achieve, but this is the French political attitude to curing
    the bad drink driving record here.
    Quote Originally Posted by satpaul View Post
    This is stupid what if you don't drink alcohol
    I totally agree this is plain stupid,i never drink nor smoke,what if police stops me 10 times a month?after every stop i would have to buy another tester,otherwise i get the ticket...Plus the fake testers would surface,identical to legit ones,but u'll always pass the test

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alex_tzardea For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex_tzardea View Post
    I totally agree this is plain stupid,i never drink nor smoke,what if police stops me 10 times a month?after every stop i would have to buy another tester,otherwise i get the ticket...Plus the fake testers would surface,identical to legit ones,but u'll always pass the test
    No. The alcohol breathalyser test is for your use, after leaving the pub/cafe you test yourselves if over the limit you call a taxi or walk,
    If stopped by the police they use there one issued by the police force, You might like to know, you can't use your breathalyser test as proof at the road side or in court.
    It’s all to do with timing, your last drink and using the test (20 mins) and the test could have been taken before and alcohol, and the last accuracy the public type breathalyser tests are not spot on.
    so there’s a chance you may be over the limit if close to it on your test.

I don’t believe in DD, but this is mad way to try and stamp it out. But it is bad here in France,
    It not so much a young lad thing as an everyone thing and is Socially excepted here.
    So something must be done, Just not this !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Enroute For This Useful Post:

Jiaim is offline Corporal
    Thanks

The law is now dumped by the new government, the people who made this law in the previous government owns the only allowed alcohol breathalyser factory...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiaim For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jiaim View Post
    The law is now dumped by the new government, the people who made this law in the previous government owns the only allowed alcohol breathalyser factory...
    To say the Law is now dumped is misleading people thinking it’s all finished with,
    when the fact is that it’s under review and will probably be changed in the future at some point but knowing how slow the French politicians and law courts move
    it won’t be anytime soon, so as it is the Law still stands that you must have 2 X alcohol breathalysers in the vehicle, or you will get an on the spot fine of 11 euros
    each time you are stopped (Bon chance)
    I drive around 15k a year and haven't been stop and asked to show them yet (that’s going to come back and haunt me)

Here is a snippit from a website:

(ADW) The controversial French law surrounding obligatory alcohol breathalyser kits in cars is already due to be scrapped.
    That is according to reports on respected French radio station Europe 1 who state that Interior Manuel Valls is due to make the announcement soon.
    It has theoretically been obligatory for all vehicles within French territory to be equipped with either a digital or chemical breathalyser test kit since July 1 2012.
    March 1, 2013 was set as the date when motorists could be penalised for not carrying kits onboard.

However, according to Europe 1, the current French government has no desire to enforce this law,
    which was brought in under the presidency of Nicolas Sarkozy. While Manuel Valls questioned the effectiveness of the approved kits,
    it could be the results of a report into their use that becomes the deciding factor whether or not to scrap or maintain the law.
    To add fuel to the fire, some scientists have even brought the breathalyser kits into question stating that if they are not used correctly, they may actually be a health hazard.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enroute For This Useful Post:

Vin0bim is offline Private
    Thanks

I still have mine, but now there is a picture of a shovel not camera, and the label is now Archaelogical site.

gladel is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Is this in effect even with a mobile app like Trapster?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gladel For This Useful Post:

flatounet is offline Corporal
    Thanks

relax guy ,
    police / cops cant get you for this :

they have no right to take your phone / gps for look inside ;

if they come to you , before stop car , turn off gps / phone ....

they have to got "commision rogatoire" ( gived only by judge )
    for look inside your computer / phone / gps ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)