GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why did i pay to join

terryuk22 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

why did i pay to join

well im a member of another forum (too many adverts) when i ask a question there im giving advice like you should know that or look in the search which is a nitmare made to look like a idiot etc

With this site you get no nonsence advice strait to the point very helpfull
    only ever downloaded 1 thing from paid section but to me its helping the forum to keep going and making it stronger.

Thats why i paid

so why did you pay

Airion is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,997 Times in 512 Posts

Re: why did i pay to join

Thanks for support for the website.
    Appreciated

hogan is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terryuk22 View Post
    well im a member of another forum (too many adverts) when i ask a question there im giving advice like you should know that or look in the search which is a nitmare made to look like a idiot etc

With this site you get no nonsence advice strait to the point very helpfull
    only ever downloaded 1 thing from paid section but to me its helping the forum to keep going and making it stronger.

Thats why i paid

so why did you pay
    I paid for the same reason,everybody seems so helpfull even to computor idiots like me.
    TomTom Go 530, Europe_truck_890_4266
    8.398 Navcore.Height.
    Uk and Roi 890_4222
    9.401 Navcore
    Height.

iGO Primo 2 800x480 Res Gj6.10.1p_da(DVS1&gurjon) Skin,Truck attributes.

admin is offline Forum Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 45 Posts

Actually in forum and communities we have to help each other to make things more good and user friendly. If we started giving private support to single user then other users will not get the benefit of joining the community and it's also against community rules. We have to discuss and share things in threads and posts.

Hope that we will get cooperation from our members. Paid members have great access to download maps, data and things that normal member don't have. This is what he paid and every member is getting it too.

Thanks

I just finished uploading the the Papago and Powermaps software and maps.
    Now checking and rearranging the others. Then packed them for upload to website.
    There are some more uploads to be done.
    It will take some time to do so.

I agreed sharing knowledge among community is for every members' benefits.
    This website has many contributing and helpful members.
    My "Big Thank You" to members who had sacrificed their time and efforts to attend to other's need.
    Similarly also too many passer-by or hit and runs.
    This leeches who sucks and never give out for others.
    They never knew what's the term of sharing is about.

I always feels that members should be grateful for what they learned or achieve from this website.
    Showing support by contributing ideas, knowledge and possession for all members' benefit.
    Extraordinary members made donations or buy membership to help maintain servers' cost each month.
    Whichever their contributions - monetary or effort should be greatly appreciated by all members.
    Last edited by Airion; 16th October 2010 at 11:41.

Gerry is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I totally agree with you I have been here for many years, but even when you contribute you get no thanks for doing it, then you give up providing it. Secondly not everyone is in a position to pay, then they are scorned on as if second class citizens. I have been watching for a while now, and have noticed a lot of leeching going on, stuff from here, and some from the other site, and other sites stuff coming to here which we as members have posted on other sites, and to get it here we have to pay for the pleasure, when it was ripped from other websites for free. Not everyone has the knowledge to share, why should they be thought of any less because they cant.

"Similarly also too many passer-by or hit and runs.
    This leeches who sucks and never give out for others.
    They never knew what's the term of sharing is about."

This statement alone contradicts what GPSU stated he wanted when he set up this forum again at the beginning, "ALL ARE WELCOME PAID OR NOT" and I respected him for that, oh how things change. But then that always happens when staff are left to run the website, and because they have a little power everyone else is inferior.

Gerry

Thanks

Thank you for your precious comment. They are acceptable but not totally agreeable.
    It was understand that you are a contributing member to this forum. It was appreciated by many including me.
    We do not expect any return for our contributions to this community. It was all out from our interest for GPS.

I experienced the matter after moderating the forums for few months. I am expected to meet every members' request as to whether I am contradicting Vendor's software policies. Not all demands can be met when resources are limited. Ripping from another website is one resource. Similarly their ways too. The request of the latest map or software is always an issue. It is a never ending process and not all request can be met at any one time.

Softwares and Maps are not free distributions by Vendors'. Then who pays to get them. It was here because someone breaks the rules. Everybody is waiting for someone to upload a new software or map that is useful to them.

With reference to my statement - I had to upload the same software and maps several times for new requests. Why isn't those who had download them earlier assisting others by uploading them again. That's is not sharing but leeching. Moderators here can't answer the all requests by members. We are short handed and volunteers doing everything just for interest sake.

Here I wish to thank many helpful members and some undercover again for their active participation in contributing their valuable knowledge, experiences and possession answering to the request by members. This is so called real time SHARING.

Every uploading, contribution and answer should be acknowledged. A simple appreciation of "THANKS" is not even given by some. It is free and why can't it be done by clicking the Thanks sign. It has been taken to for granted always. There are 30 requests or questions and have 0 thanks in their box.

Why the PAID MEMBERS download section is setup. . This is closed door matters. They can't be paying out of their pockets all the time . Let ADMIN and GPSU answer this question.

I will rebuke your statement that not everyone is in a position to pay, then they are scorned on as if second class citizens. You are an ordinary member because you did not registered yourself as a paid member. Some privileges should be given to them for their support as similar to all clubhouses and societies. You can't use their facilities as terms and conditions applies. All that matters is the term "appreciation" or "help" to keep this community website going on.

I made myself as a paid member when everything here is free for me. Appreciation lies within the heart. Not in a position to pay is just an insult to personal self esteem whereby someone can own a high tech device. Surfing the internet is not free too. There is always a way to resolve matters. No excuses please.
    Last edited by Airion; 21st October 2010 at 06:29.

Thanks

You are entitled to your opinions as I am to mine, that's why I fought to maintain your freedom of speech.

Thanks

I hope to hear what the Paid Members will say.

Thanks

I am willing to pay, and have,and I can afford to. I was merely pointing out there are some who cannot, whats wrong with that,and whats your problem. And I paid without wanting to take anything,I paid to keep the website open there is nothing I need.
    Last edited by Gerry; 24th October 2010 at 00:17.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast