Okay...I'm new to this site and the world of in-dash GPS (CVFY-C41) maps & software...

I have ROute66 N7 SD Cardt hat was sent to me by the radios manufactureer from Chinaand The only problem is its EUROPE.PRM . When i insert into my gps SD card slot...it works fine..I dont have to do anything to configure it. All details and map info for EUROPE comes up fine...the problem is I'm in USA.

My radio has Windows CE...and I have no expereince working or dealing with GPS software. I assume if i founf USA maps.prm files I could just download and cut and paste in ROUTE66 map folder....that ddint work...FATAL APPLICATION ERROR.

SO I'm lost and trying to understand this new electronic gadget.

I came across this sight...

I notice that the words software and Maps tend to be 2 different phrases....so technically i have Route66 Software with just Europe maps.....and when i see liknks and downloads for North America.

1. Do I download those maps i want and put in maps folder under ROute 66 Folder?
becasue i already have the software?

Can someone explain how this site which i paid for can help me better understand the process of learning what i need to do to have USA maps for my software so i can use in my truck...and not get lost....