Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Problem making a good copy of a RNS-E dvd

beck5 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Problem making a good copy of a RNS-E dvd

Brembo:
    No any problem.I also have it and everything is fine.
    burn: the mds
    Last edited by beck5; 25th January 2013 at 16:43.

Adrian E is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
    I've ordered one of this model from CCL Online yesterday (£15) - should be with me by the weekend. I have some old Verbatim DL +R 2.4x discs with blue layer but have also ordered a new spindle of the later 8x discs with silver finish in case the RNS-E drive has an easier time of reading that colour.

Will report back once tried.
    Just to follow up on this, I have successfully burned DVD1 without speed cameras using Alcohol 120% and only changing the default option to burn as book type DVD-ROM

Burner as above - ASUS DRW-24B5ST With firmware 1.00
    Software Alcohol 120% trial version
    Media: Verbatim DVD+R DL (burned at 4x although media supports 8x)

The drive comes with no driver disc etc so was installed using Microsoft drivers and without updates to firmware etc. Interestingly Asus support site fails to identify the drive so support details are hard to come by.

The media I mentioned above is still blue on the burning surface, it's just got a silver layer for writing on so makes no difference to readability. My RNS-E, which has been notoriously picky about copy discs picked up the new disc straight away.

If anyone can advise on how to get ImgBurn to successfully change book type, or if I can burn the speed camera image version in Alcohol 120% I'd be grateful. I'm in the habit of keeping 2 copies in the car now in case the drive gets too warm of the disc has been in too long so want to burn one of each.

Adrian
    Last edited by Adrian E; 26th January 2013 at 09:14.

brembo is offline Private
    Thanks

@beck5: Thanks for your answer. I've become the drive today and will post the result after the test.

Greetings from Germany,
    brembo.

Thanks

@beck5: Thanks for your answer, I've got time tomorrow afternoon. I will post here the result.

Greetings from Germany,
    brembo.

Thanks

Image of RNS-E 2012 DVD-1 and DVD-2
    DVD Burner: LITEON LH20A1S
    Software ImgBurn 2.5.6.0
    Media: Verbatim DVD+R DL
    Speed: 2,4x

Working perfect

Thanks

Excuse my bad English
    Just burned a copy that works
    DVD 2 86271-VU53A7
    DVD 1 86271-VU53A5
    Audi RNS 2013
    Img found on this page
    Plextor PX810SA
    Firmvare v. 1.01
    IMG BURN by default
    Verbatim DVD + R DL
    Burn with 1 X speed
    Old Windows 7 PC
    The copy worked perfectly with the same
    The burner is still available in the U.S. on ebay
    Good luck

woter is offline Private
    Thanks

Sorry if this has been answered but I have read every page of this forum any many Audi forums too and cannot find a situation where the firmware load, but the navigation doesn’t.

I’m at a loss here. I have several expensive DL DVDs that are now nothing but Toasters. At this rate it would have been cheaper to buy the original from Audi!

Using a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-S082H burner, I have burned a copy of Audi Navigation Plus RNS-E 2013 DVD1 (86271-VU53A5)with ImgBurn 2.5.7.0, loading in the .MDS file onto Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL media. I have disabled BURN-Proof (Under Tools --> Settings --> Write --> Page 1) and set the Book Type to DVD-ROM. This has been confirmed in the burnt DVD under “Physical Format Information (Last Recorded - L0)”.

When I loaded the DVD into the RNS-E Mk 2, it performed the firmware update (from 0200 to 0220) but then instead of showing the Navigation menu, it displays “Please insert Navigation Media”.

As the firmware update worked, is this really down to the burner and do I need to buy yet another one. Some people say any burner that support book type changing should work, whilst others are adamant that I should buy one of the “supported” burners from post # 1? Are any of them slimline for laptops or portable?

I have just read that someone worked out the disc needs to be in the unit before turning it on. Could this be true? I’ll try when I get home.

Many thanks

W.

Thanks

Today I had time, it works great, thanks @all for help!

Drive: LiteOn IHAS 124b with "Burner-Max-Firmware" (no idea, if that's important, but the drive comes with this firmware from ebay...)
    Software: Imgburn V 2.5.7.0
    Disc: Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x, burned with 4x and Book-Type DVD-Rom

@woter: I've shut on the Radio and put the new disc on it. The device starts the update process, later it shut off by itself. Then the device starts new, completed the update process and then it shut off by itself. Then I've start the device by the On/Off-button and the device was ready for navigation, no problems.
    The burner I have is an internal device in 3,5" to build in a PC.

Greetings from Germany,
    brembo.

Adrian E is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

When I tried writing a disc with my laptop using recommended settings all I got when I inserted the disc was the display saying which firmware version was on the disc. I suspect a duff disc in terms of ability to display nav info will pretty much always work to install/recognise firmware.

Where are you based in case anyone's local?

woter is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
    Where are you based in case anyone's local?
    Hi Adrian,

I'm live near Southend, but work in Fleet Street where I am today.

Brembo: Your description of the firmware update with the RNS-E reboot is exactly what I got.

Time to go out and buy a PC sized burner, and a 5.25" caddy / enclosure unless anyone knows of a slim internal or external unit that works?

Lite-On have confirmed these two slim models will accept book type changing, however, does anyone know if these models have been used to successfuly write the said image?

eUAU108
    DS-8A8SH

I also notice Lite-On make other 'portable' drives:
    eNAU808
    eNAU508
    eTAU108
    eSAU108 / 208

I don't have a standard PC, but I do have a server running VMWare ESXi 5.0. ESX allows for DVD passthrough to the virtual machine. So I could install the full size drive in the server.
    Has anyone had any success burning a DVD via ESX? I found this article:VMware Communities: DVD Writer in guest OS under ESXI 4.0.0.

Many thanks

W.

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast