Since last year BMW started to make 3 DVDs with europe coverage for BMW Professional navigation systems. Propably a lot of you don´t like this change and rather would like to have all on one DL DVD, especially if you live on a Netherlands - Germany border or Czech - Slovak, Czech - Poland and everytime you are traveling over the border you have to change a media (like on old DX navi systems) and make restart of i-drive to have there a working navigation.
Maybe there is a chance to make a 2 DVDs with whole europe coverage by using navigation data from RNS 510 maps version V8. This version uses a same DB as 2012 professional and only thing is to get it working together on our professional navigation.
Right now I see this problems:
-POI are now on orig. BMW maps splitted into west, central, east dvd and if we make a disc from BMW Central EU with RNS510 east maps (from Germany to east), we won´t have POI in countries that aren´t covered on this Central EU disc like Poland, Slovak, Hungary or other eastern countries.
But this can be done by an "aftermarket" POIs imported to a disc.
-map have to be done with TMC system working.
As BMW Prof. navigations like RNS510 don´t have a line guidance and maps aren´t saved HDD, so this will make creating this hybrid map more easy, I think.
Does anybody tried it already?
I think it isn´t bad idea and I think we may create great maps!
I am now to make some disc, I will inform here if anything new will be found.
I would appreciate, if anybody have an experience with creating 2010 BMW maps for RNS510 would help me with creating BMW Eastern EU 2012 and BMW Western EU 2012.
I´ve tested 2 ways since now:
-on first I´ve just updated DB files from VW disc to BMW, I´ve rename all files from EEU to EU, then replace just files that were on BMW disc with files from VW disc, not all on VW disc. File zone.cfg I´ve left untouched. Then I changed CD volume to CD_7308 in disc label and cdrom.toc file. All the rest I´ve left untouched.
-on second I´ve updated all DB files from VW disc to BMW, I´ve rename all files from EEU to EU. File zone.cfg I´ve left untouched. I´ve replaced DBAL folder too. Then I changed CD volume to CD_7308 in disc label and cdrom.toc file and DB version and DBAL files to a proper from VW cdrom.toc file. All the rest I´ve left untouched.
Unfortunatelly both ways didn´t work, first looked like it is working but after few minutes navigation restarts itself and using of i-drive was very slow. With second disc it wrotes dvd disc error after i-drive restart request when inserting new dvd dics.
I think the problem is that VW use in DB folder files with name EEU, on BMW are files with name EU...