Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW High 2010 AUSTRALIA V16 (red disc)

Thanks

Re: BMW High 2010 AUSTRALIA V16 (red disc)

Hello Gazo,

As a systems engineer I find your replies to the ignorant people on this forum highly amusing. Now may I ask a silly question, do you have BMW HIGH 2011 V17 for MKIV? This is released why are people downloading the old 2010? Also why is the unit a DVD player if the V16 disk fits easily on a CD? If it because the unit is also used in places like Europe where the maps would need to fit on a dvd? I thought I read on the other forums that the australian disk was over 5Gb and people had to delete other languages to make it fit with the POI speed cam information. In fact the V32 update's major function was to allow the MKIV unit to read dual layer disks 9GB!

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 176 Posts

Maybe there is a slight misconception
    The MK4 units were fitted worldwide as a player/computer of the last geberation to facilitate all state of the art features.
    Most countries/area's require a DVD or more to store the entire database and applicable POI-Travelinformation
    Countries like Australia-New Zealand that are in fact not only sparsely populated but als lack the typical European city planning, in fact you started about 4000 years later, do not reauire a large database and therefor fit on a simple cd
    You do not require the V32 update but if you never updated before you may bebefit from the Birdview )perspective' facility first introduced with V27
    The POI issue with deleting not required language section in the TPD directory only applies to the original DVD9 for Europe

I am not aware of the upload of the 2011 V17 High disc. Have you seen it around?

BTW± I am not from down under!
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Thanks

guys - will this work for a 3 series e90 (2008). I have a business nav with green dvd currently. Pls help.

hell is offline Brigadier General
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jay_funk View Post
    guys - will this work for a 3 series e90 (2008). I have a business nav with green dvd currently. Pls help.
    nope mate, since you have a system that is based on the green disc the red disc would be good only as a coaster

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damianawright View Post
    Hello Gazo,

As a systems engineer I find your replies to the ignorant people on this forum highly amusing. Now may I ask a silly question, do you have BMW HIGH 2011 V17 for MKIV? This is released why are people downloading the old 2010? Also why is the unit a DVD player if the V16 disk fits easily on a CD? If it because the unit is also used in places like Europe where the maps would need to fit on a dvd? I thought I read on the other forums that the australian disk was over 5Gb and people had to delete other languages to make it fit with the POI speed cam information. In fact the V32 update's major function was to allow the MKIV unit to read dual layer disks 9GB!
    well OZs are either lazy or envy, I could not decide so far despite of living down under for a year now. but the fact still speaks for itself that I can read a lot of forum posts (even here) that guys are happy to buy pirate copies from smart-*** guys at half the price of the genuine one but later once they have it they do not share it...

It is really weird that if you look at the streets of Sydney (probably it is the same situation in other capitol cities as well) despite of being a luxury brand BMW is the most popular European model but no one has/shares a map brought from gumtree for $100 but everyone cries on forums that BMW demands $500+ for a new map while pirates cunningly laugh at this situation with their more and more fat wallet..... well, it would be smarter to organize group-buys or anything similar but it does not make so much sense for me that everyone secretly buys his own pirate copy for about hundred bucks till finally a year later someone is willing to share their old copy...

I wanted to have a copy of v16 for VDO MS5200 from guys on patrol4x4.com or alternatively suggest and participate in a group buy of the new v17 but they even refused to approve my post probably because I don't have a Nissan Patrol... so what could I say to your question about the unavailability of the v17 for High system? no one felt like sharing their (pirate copy) so far...

bindieye is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GPSam View Post
    Thanks - greatly appreciated, will try my luck with "IMGburn"
    Sam
    Hi all,
    A VERY noob here: you'll see why!

I have a 2005 E90 with Professional Nav, currently putting up with v13!.
    I tried the download/CD burn for v16, but had to fish around for a burner (IMGBurn is PC ONLY). It didn't work.

So, question is: what is a good burner for a Mac system? And is there a 'dummies guide to downloading nav discs' anywhere on this forum?

Many, many thanks in advance.

Thanks

Hi there mate,

I have a MS5000 with no navi cd .. finally stumbled upon your thread here WOOHOO!!!! BUT when i when to your links theyre dead is there any way you could upload them again? or make a torrent for me?? im after the red disk too .. the one that this thread refers too anyways for australia, v.16 or the new v17 if you have it

i was just about to go to parramatta and pay some guy $100 for a disc, am resigned to having to actually. i really hope you can help me out. thanks a bunch

ged

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 176 Posts

The links are still functioning flawlessly, check your own ISP
    There has not been any V17 upload yet.
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dagedsta View Post
    Hi there mate,

I have a MS5000 with no navi cd .. finally stumbled upon your thread here WOOHOO!!!! BUT when i when to your links theyre dead is there any way you could upload them again? or make a torrent for me?? im after the red disk too .. the one that this thread refers too anyways for australia, v.16 or the new v17 if you have it

i was just about to go to parramatta and pay some guy $100 for a disc, am resigned to having to actually. i really hope you can help me out. thanks a bunch

ged
    I am with TGP and links are very much alive from my network. don't pay anyone hundred bucks for pirated copies... at least if you are happy with this v16, unfortunately I dont have the v17 yet. this disc is perfect for your ms5k

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bindieye View Post
    Hi all,
    A VERY noob here: you'll see why!

I have a 2005 E90 with Professional Nav, currently putting up with v13!.
    I tried the download/CD burn for v16, but had to fish around for a burner (IMGBurn is PC ONLY). It didn't work.

So, question is: what is a good burner for a Mac system? And is there a 'dummies guide to downloading nav discs' anywhere on this forum?

Many, many thanks in advance.
    if you have professional system then you wont make success stories with the high disc, I suggest to read this topic instead:

BMW Navigation Australia / New Zealand Professional 2010 Road Maps

btw I dont know any decent cd/dvd burning suite for mac, you may try Toast (maybe that is the only one) but the result highly depends on luck... toast is great to archive your family photos, that's all.

downloading nav discs is -I think- beyond the scope of this forum, but I guess it would not be hard to click on links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast