View Poll Results: This disk work fine for me!

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

37 80.43%
  • NO

9 19.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: BMW Navigation Australia / New Zealand Professional 2010 Road Maps

Thanks

Re: BMW Navigation Australia / New Zealand Professional 2010 Road Maps

Quote Originally Posted by yxy876 View Post
    Works for me on a 2007 R56 Chilli S Mini with a CD-R
    I burned the file using the instruction found on this site to a CD-R.

Tried putting the burned disc into my 2003 BMW 735Li e66.
    My Sat Nav unit can't read the disc and spits it out after 10 second.

Can anyone help.
    Or is this not compatible with my car???

bcoz is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michaelphan View Post
    Tried putting the burned disc into my 2003 BMW 735Li e66. My Sat Nav unit can't read the disc and spits it out after 10 second.
    I'm not familiar with the old 7-series nav, but if your system is the BMW High (mk1 mk2 mk3 mk4) or RED Disc, then try the link below
    (have a read of the thread to determine if it applies to your car)...

BMW High 2010 AUSTRALIA V16 (red disc)

Thanks

We've recently bought a 2007 530D with Motorsport pack. It has GPS, but the display is limited to a large arrow on the screen, or position coordinates. There was no disc included with the otherwise complete documentation for the car. The iDrive screen is 6.5" and from reading this thread I've downloaded the business navigation 2009 pack and burned a CD. I insert the CD into the drive, which it accepts, but then there is no action. No error message, it just sits there with the CD somewhere in its innards and no change on the display. Do I have a "poverty pack" GPS or is there something I should be doing to activate the information?

Thanks

Rob

rifter is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob in Oz View Post
    It has GPS, but the display is limited to a large arrow....... ...... is there something I should be doing to activate the information?
    If you can see the large arrows (as stated) you already have the Map CD loaded OR have the Maps on a HDD (unlikely). Are you placing the Map CD in the iDrive system OR the CD Player?
    Last edited by rifter; 7th February 2012 at 02:11.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rifter View Post
    If you can see the large arrows (as stated) you already have the Map CD loaded OR have the Maps on a HDD (unlikely). Are you placing the Map CD in the iDrive system OR the CD Player?
    I've been using the slot below the iDrive screen. There is a 6-stack CD player in the glovebox...
    thanks
    Rob
    Last edited by Rob in Oz; 7th February 2012 at 07:39. Reason: error in describing drives

Thanks

Being new to BMWs and the Nav systems, I perhaps mistakenly thought that loading a later map system (mine is a 2007 E60 530D Motorsport) would give me an actual street layout a-la any of the TomTom, Garmin aftermarket ones. I note some BMWs do have this type of display - what is the system requirement for this to be enabled?
    Thanks
    Rob

bcoz is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob in Oz View Post
    I note some BMWs do have this type of display - what is the system requirement for this to be enabled?
    If you have the basic Arrow display and smaller 6.5" screen, then yours is the Business Navigation system based on the older M-ASK technology...
    iDrive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A later version of M-ASK provided map displays for Business navigation. More advanced functionality was provided by Professional navigation with larger 8.8" widescreen (optional on most cars). This was based on Car Communication Computer (CCC) technology.

Of course both technologies have now been superseded by new computers, displays and iDrive controller. The new Business navigation is provided on Car Information Computer (CIC) Basic using Flash storage, while Professional navigation is now provided on CIC Professional using hard drive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bcoz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This hack is amazing. worked perfectly on my 08 335i convertible. took 5 mins to load when i inserted the CD-R that i created using the steps in this thread. For those less IT inclined like myself heres a step by step for IT dummies
    1. click the link in the first post by sabre
    2. d/l and save the .rar file
    3. d/l and install winzip and imgburn
    4. open the .rar file with winzip. new folder with .iso file created
    5. open imgburn and burn image to disk selecting the .iso file as the source to a CD-R at speed x2
    6. insert newly created disk into dvd drive of bmw and wait 5 mins to load into car
    7. enjoy!

Amazing. Thank you to the author. You are truly a bro to those who are fed up of being raped by the bmw dealers in australia. My quote for a 2011 nav DVD was $592. We eagerly await your next upload!

Thanks

Worked perfectly on my UK imported 2007 X5 e70, thanks, saved me $400
    Will BMW ever bring anything out with speed alerts that will work? Really got used to that feature on my little $150 Navman! Very handy when you are new in a Country

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allanjaipaul View Post
    This hack is amazing. worked perfectly on my 08 335i convertible. took 5 mins to load when i inserted the CD-R that i created using the steps in this thread. For those less IT inclined like myself heres a step by step for IT dummies
    1. click the link in the first post by sabre
    2. d/l and save the .rar file
    3. d/l and install winzip and imgburn
    4. open the .rar file with winzip. new folder with .iso file created
    5. open imgburn and burn image to disk selecting the .iso file as the source to a CD-R at speed x2
    6. insert newly created disk into dvd drive of bmw and wait 5 mins to load into car
    7. enjoy!

Amazing. Thank you to the author. You are truly a bro to those who are fed up of being raped by the bmw dealers in australia. My quote for a 2011 nav DVD was $592. We eagerly await your next upload!
    Thanks, but are there clear instructions for Mac users?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast