GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Navigon for double din 5" DVD car player?

Thanks

Navigon for double din 5" DVD car player?

Hi everyone.
    As a newcomer to this forum I would like to salute you all.

Like many of you, I bought a 5" 2 DIN DVD car system from some Chinese manufacturer. It came with Igo. I have been trying to find Navigon for this type of car systems but with no success. The SW of the DVD car player is WinCE 5.0.
    This radio uses microSD card to run the Igo software. I tryed already a few versions of the Navigon but with no results.

Did any of you had any luck?
    Can anyone point me to a link for the Navigon software?

(I appologise if this questions has been answered already)

I thank you in advance.

EDIT: I am sorry, it's a 7" unit
    Regards.
    Last edited by love2dance; 21st August 2010 at 02:44.

Thanks

Re: Navigon for double din 5" DVD car player?

Hi everyone.

I have been trying to learn more about what I can do with these type of in-dash units. Here's some more detalis:

It's a 7.0 inch digital(800*480) DVD player with GPS navigation system.

The type of unit can be seen on:

http://www.sharingdigital.com/show.a...name=For%20Kia

where I purchased it from (more images on http://www.cardct.com/kia-navi-dvd/k...ion-dvd-player)

I am still learning all about WINCE 5.0 and unlocking this type of devices. Frankly I am not sure if the unit runs on wince (the hole software allowing access to radio, books, etc...) or it's only the GPS.

I tryed installing (on SD Card) Miopocket V.4 R61 with not much luck since most applications I get errors. As an example either an error message appear or the screen turns black and the main menu reapears.

I tryed previous versions with better results (v.3 R.59). Only a few applications originate erros (I have been reading this forum and I noticed that if I look at the exe files using "Dependency Walker" I can verify the missing dlls required for the programs to run).

In some cases, some applications freeze (with both versions).

When installing Miopocket V.3 it asked me to select my internal flash. I selected NandFlash. Once installed I used explorer.exe to see what could "see". I post some pictures:

Once thing I have noticed is that, after I start Miopocket, radio sound is still on. If I try to view a sample movie, Miopocket does not cut the radio sound as I still hear it. Does anny one experice this?

I tried installing tomtom for WinCe 5.0 devices. Two problems ocurred: 1.- Apparently the TT software can't see where the maps are installed (I moved the maps folder inside SD card/My Documents). After this I get a "iexplorer.exe" error, saying the there is not enough memory.

Also, I tried Navigon MobileNavigator. Funny, after starting the application, a message appears saying that I am running low in battery and the system will shut down within 30 seconds. After this the in-dash DVD car system is frozen and I have to reset the unit.

Any tips for overcoming these limitations?

I thank you in advance.
    Regards.
    Last edited by love2dance; 22nd August 2010 at 01:05. Reason: Fix html code

Thanks

dude how did you do to acess the system of the gps, i have mine already instaled but only shows this blue screen i can't get acess to anything else since it didn't come with the maps on the sd card:

the only screen i get acess for gps is: the bottom picture on the right, but when i click navigation nothing happens!! Does ayone havy any clues? sorry for boder!

Thanks

Really benefit from the car DVD player GPS navigation feature, I can go anywhere I want!

Thanks

Can not enter the navigation ( can't find the navigation software )
    Check the navigation path set is OK, or reset software navigation path ( open the SD folder in the NAVIONE folder NAVIONE.EXE files )