GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Chinese GPS upgrade question ...

Thanks

Chinese GPS upgrade question ...

Hello people.

I have a Chinese GPS (a 2 DIN unit including DVD, TV, Radio, GPS and so on).
    The map on it is a Route 66 one.
    A very rudimentary one, not up to date and makes many mistakes.
    My question is, is there a way to replace the Route 66 map with another one (TomTom for instance) and use the same GPS?
    Some of the Chinese GPSs are compatible with other maps than Route 66.

Thank you.

Thanks

Re: Chinese GPS upgrade question ...

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have a Chinese GPS running Route66 on Windows CE 5. I have tried using TomTom and Sygic software but have run into difficulties. With TomTom, the maps freezes after about a minute. With Sygic the maps dont load up.

I spoke to TomTom and they said that TomTom software will only work on proper TomTom devices. This is not true as i have read of many success stories.

I sure there is a way but its doing my head in trying!!

Thanks

I have the same system with windows CE 5, but my gps has IGO MyWay 8. I'm having trouble with this system and I'm not sure if its the software, but the gps is only showing one satelite that its connecting to, and therefore i cannot get the gps to correctly show my position. I assume both of you two have a SD card with the maps loaded on them. I want to know if there is a way to put a new gps program on this?

Thanks

Hi guys,

i realllly hope someone can help me here as this is driving me crazy...

I have just purchased an xtrons..

7” Blue Tooth GPS IPod DVD Player - TD712G - Car DVD, XTRONS Car DVD, XTRONS Car DVD Player

the maps are really old and half of the street names are missing... how do i update the maps ?[ed] or maybe put another gps software on it ?[ed]

any help much appreciated

Thanks

Hi,i have xtrons d710g and runing Igo8 perfect and igo primo not perfect but ok.
    This forum have everything ,just search for your system (win ce5 or c6) and your resolution.
    I recommend Igo8 8.3.4.142975 May 11 2010 for PNA devices

PS sorry for my bad english

Thanks

hi folks

here is some information for you all, firstly igo 8.xxx and primo are the easiest gps programs to install, secondly there is a difference, igo will run on wince 5.0 and 6.0, this is due to the sdram in the units, most of the wince 5.0 use 64mb of ram and therefore can run igo 8.xxx easily as it is not process intensive, now primo 1.2 runs seamlessly on a wince 6.0 and with 128mb ram, but with a unit that only has 64mb ram it runs but then says "out of memory", there is a way to fix this, in the voices ( on primo 1.2 ) , when you open that up, look to the right of the voice type, it will say "street names announced" and "street names unannounced", choose the one with unannounced, all this does is when it guides you it won't say the next street to turn into, it will just say " turn left in 100m" for example.

Now don't bother changing the sys.txt by adding " auto_say_next " because it won't, but won't hurt to try as some units will operate differently.

Thanks

Just wait (for a long time,the
    first time) But all the sats will show up.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Seely View Post
    I have the same system with windows CE 5, but my gps has IGO MyWay 8. I'm having trouble with this system and I'm not sure if its the software, but the gps is only showing one satelite that its connecting to, and therefore i cannot get the gps to correctly show my position. I assume both of you two have a SD card with the maps loaded on them. I want to know if there is a way to put a new gps program on this?