Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ford Denso Touchscreen Western and Eastern Europe 2009-2010

Thanks

Re: Ford Denso Touchscreen Western and Eastern Europe 2009-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Jhn220 View Post
    Ok, burnt all the discs in every conceivable combination but not had any luck.

The maps disc I think has been done correctly. It's the software I'm struggling with.

I've burnt it to Verbatim CD-Rs and DVD-Rs but when I put the disc in as instructed and after a few seconds a message just says 'the disc inserted is not a map disc'. So I read the instructions and it states the software may not need to be updated but the current software is from 2004/2005 so it clearly does.

The maps DVD seems to read and it recognises it but then you can't enter any destinations. So I think the software is the issue. Any ideas?

It's a 2004/2005 Mondeo ST220 if that makes any difference?
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I had the same issue and the problem was my dvd writter, because some writters don't work successfully to burn dvd map for navigation. A person on another forum burn me the dvd map after that he said that it works in his mondeo (a cheap dvd writter). So, for me for example, the update firmware cd (i burned it on a cd-rw disk) works great, no problem, but when i burned the dvd map on a dvd dual layer dvd-R media, a verbatim, the dvd map never works, i try it two times, no success. After the guey burned me the dvd with his dvd writter (on a verbatim dvd+R DL too), it works perfectly. I hope it will help you....

Thanks

I have Focus 2007 with Denso NAV and navigation for Western Europe (I don't know the maps version). I need navigation for Eastern Europe. I didn't get DVDs when I bought car. Getting new navigation software is not an easy task. Here are my conclusions:
    - Get the exact type of your built-in satnav from Ford navig�ci�k - Ford satnav.
    - Get the software from Ford Denso Touchscreen Western and Eastern Europe 2009-2010. If it's DVD's for JaguarXJ-S type, just delete the file LOADING.KWI from the image with UltraISO or MagicIso.
    - Use supported burners from Recommended DVD Writers for Navigation software. Recommended are Pioneer burners.
    - Use Verbatim DVD+R (notice "+") on DVD DL (9GB) or DVD 5GB. Other media may or may not work. For operating system upgrade use DVD+R, not CD, regardless of image size.
    - Use free ImgBurn software. Set booktype to DVD-ROM. You set booktype through it for some burners. Press "Tools" up in the menu > "Drive" > "Change book type.." > "LITE ON" > change for: "Drive (For DVD+R DL Media) > New Setting: DVD-ROM > press "Change" (Success!" press ok) > Press OK. Then Burn!
    - Even if drive is supported, it will probably have to be patched, in order to have bitsetting for all R+ media (sometimes only DL is initially supported). Here is example for NEC/Optiarc: Book type +R/+RW media on NEC/Optiarc drives - Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum. Check if bitsetting is supported for a specific firmware.
    - On Pioneer burners, drive bitsets DVD+R to DVD-ROM automatically when you start burning disc, you cannot do this manually (burn the disc and then check the booktype, not with the blank media). To have this, you may need to get, patch and flash new firmware: Book type +R/+RW media on Pioneer drives - Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum.

I tried with different burners and media until I obtained Pioneer 112D (and downloaded latest firmware 1.28 and patched it) and Verbatim. I recorded DVDs as DVD-ROM. But, I still can't get maps to work. When I insert operating system or maps DVDs, they're just spit out. Some post says "The problem was "tools-->drive-->close session" but I don't understand how was that. ImgBurn should close the session when burning ISO. I checked the default settings, it's SAO/DAO and recorded disks are not writable.

Here are my questions:
    - If Ford DVD edition or car is 2006 or later, the operating system is probably already 4.40 and need not be upgraded, so only maps must be burned?
    - Can we check current operating system or maps versions? Is it possible that I have most recent navigation for Western Europe (2011-2012), so those maps I prepared (2009-2010) are not accepted?
    - What can I do next?

Thanks

I don't know hot to edit my previous post, so here it is again:

I have recently bought Focus 2007 with Denso NAV and navigation for Western Europe (it turned out to be 2006-2007). I needed navigation for Eastern Europe. I tried with different burners and media including Pioneer 112D (I downloaded latest firmware 1.28 and patched it) and Verbatim. I didn't realize immediately there was another DVD drive for maps. I still don't know where was plugged in my "External Auxiliary 6 CD Changer" which I couldn't find.

Here are my conclusions, please add to FAQ:
    - Get the exact type of your built-in satnav from Ford navig�ci�k - Ford satnav.
    - Check your maps version on Menu-Navigation Configuration (or something like this).
    - Get the software from Ford Denso Touchscreen Western and Eastern Europe 2009-2010. If it's intended for JaguarXJ-S type, delete the file LOADING.KWI from the image with UltraISO or MagicIso. If it's for Ford, just bur.
    - Use supported burners from Recommended DVD Writers for Navigation software. Recommended are Pioneer burners.
    - If maps won't work, and Ford is 2006 or older, you'll probably need to upgrade your operating system to v4.40. Otherwise, car will just spit out that DVD.
    - Use DVD+R (notice "+") on DVD DL (9GB) or DVD 5GB for maps. Verbatim is recommended but other media may also work. In my case, TraxData and Mediarange did. For operating system upgrade use DVD-R, not CD, regardless of image size.
    - Use free ImgBurn software. Set booktype to DVD-ROM. You set booktype through it for some burners. Press "Tools" up in the menu > "Drive" > "Change book type.." > "LITE ON" > change for: "Drive (For DVD+R DL Media) > New Setting: DVD-ROM > press "Change" (Success!" press ok) > Press OK. Then Burn! Recording session must be closed, but when burning ISO, that should be done automatically. While some advise to burn at 2,4x, most modern burners support only 4x speed, and that works.
    - Even if drive is supported, it will probably have to be patched, in order to have bitsetting for all R+ media (sometimes only DL is initially supported). Here is example for NEC/Optiarc: Book type +R/+RW media on NEC/Optiarc drives - Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum. Check if bitsetting is supported for a specific firmware.
    - On Pioneer burners, drive bitsets DVD+R to DVD-ROM automatically when you start burning disc, you cannot do this manually (burn the disc and then check the booktype, not with the blank media). To have this, you may need to get, patch and flash new firmare: Book type +R/+RW media on Pioneer drives - Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum.
    - Maps are not installed, they are permanently stored in separate DVD-ROM drive which is for Focus placed on the upper side of the glove box. Just unscrew two screws so that it comes down with the drive. Use either DVD. Operating system upgrade is also installed from here, not from the Denso unit.

It would be fine if we could tell which operating system we have, either by checking either by some changes in the interface. Here is an advice for that (not tested on Focus):
    Burn the Software Update onto a DVD-R. Insert the burned disc into the DVD ROM drive. Switch unit on. When unit is on press & hold MENU & PHONE together until a new menu appears. The system will then ask for a DIAG pin. You need to enter 1981. You will then see a new menu. Select SW UPDATE and take it from there.

Thanks

Here are my final conclusions for Ford Focus, please add to FAQ:

- Get the exact type of your built-in satnav from Ford navigation - Ford satnav.
    - Check your maps version on Menu-Navigation Configuration (or something like this).
    - Get the software from Ford Denso Touchscreen Western and Eastern Europe 2009-2010 (Western and Eastern Europe) or Ford Denso Touchscreen DVD 2011/2012 (Western Europe only). If it's intended for Jaguar XJ-S type, delete the file LOADING.KWI from the image with UltraISO or MagicIso. If it's for Ford, just burn. Maps software for Volvo will not work for Ford.
    - Use DVD+R (notice "+") on DVD DL (9GB) or DVD 5GB for maps. Verbatim is recommended but other media may also work. When you really want good copies there are no alternatives to Verbatim and even then a perfect copy will only have a reflection rate of about 30 % compared to a pressed original. The worse the copy the hotter it gets in the dvd unit. For example, TraxData and MediaRange did work. For operating system upgrade use DVD-R or DVD+R, not CD, regardless of image size.
    - Use free ImgBurn software. You set booktype through it for some burners. Set booktype to DVD-ROM as explained here: Setting the booktype in ImgBurn - Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum. Shortly: "Drive" menu>"Tools">"Drive">"Change book type..">your drive>change for: "Drive (For DVD+R DL Media)>New SettingVD-ROM>"Change">OK. Then Burn! Not all the DVD burners allow to change booktype or not all producers are listed in Imgburn`s options, specially the ones in laptops. Recording session must be closed, but when burning ISO, that should be done automatically. While some advise to burn at 2,4x, most modern burners support only 4x speed, and that works.
    - On Pioneer burners, drive bitsets DVD+R to DVD-ROM automatically when you start burning disc, you cannot do this manually (burn the disc and then check the booktype, not with the blank media). To have this, you may need to get, patch and flash new firmare: Book type +R/+RW media on Pioneer drives - Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum.
    - Maps are not installed, they are permanently stored in separate DVD-ROM drive which is for Focus placed on the upper side of the glove box. Just unscrew two screws so that it comes down with the drive. Use either DVD. Operating system upgrade is also installed from here, not from the Denso unit.
    - If maps won't work, and Ford is 2006 or older, you'll probably need to upgrade your operating system to v4.40. Otherwise, car will just spit out that DVD. You can tell which operating system you have in this way: Switch unit on. When unit is on press & hold MENU & PHONE together (or, first 6 then 1) until a new menu appears. The system will then ask for a DIAG pin. You need to enter 1981. You will then see a new menu, select SW UPDATE. You can see the curent version, and if you have Software Update DVD inserted it will tell you which version is on the DVD.

PS Please remove my previous 2 posts. Thank you.

Thanks

Hi
    I posted the same in the 2011-2012 post, but maybe somebady here can help me:

Hi all!
    One question: I burned the DVD without problems. When I put in the systems I can see the maps, and the version showed is OK.
    But, when i search for a destination, the searching bar goes up til 90 % and then get the error: "Cant find the route" or something like that.
    It works well with the 2009 DVD that I burned from the post Ford Denso Touchscreen Western and Eastern Europe 2009-2010
    The firmware version or operating system is v4.40
    Any ideas about what I can do?
    Thanks in advance
    Marcelo

bgatev is offline Private
    Thanks

I have burned a lot of DVDs and all of them worked - but follow the instruction above - only DVD+R and only ImgBurn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gazo View Post
    Ford Denso
    7" Touchscreen Navigation

Western Europe DVD

This DVD was "homemade" based on the Jaguar XJ-S type DVD's for Europe 2009-2010 and slightly modified

This image should be written to DVD9 preferrably with Imgburn
    Use Verbatim, Philips or Arita media

This image can be written to a DVD5

For these DVD to function properly SW version 4.40 is required

Burn to CD-R

If you recently downloaded the latest dvd's for JaguarXJ-S type, just delete the file LOADING.KWI from the image with UltraISO or MagicIso.
    Hello.Is there a torrent for Eastern Europe?

Thanks

Hi,
    I just have got Ford Escape Hybrid year 2008 - USA.
    I have OEM Navigation system and Ford Navigation DVD 9P, it is working fine, however I am unable to use it in Hungary as it made for US.
    Please advice what are my possibilities to have this system usable in Europe, particularly in Hungary

Thanks

Does somebody know if the 2009/2010 or 2010/2011 ДВД Russia for the Denso Navigation System has been released?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 26th May 2012, 22:14
  2. 21st May 2012, 20:47
  3. 15th May 2012, 14:49
  4. 22nd April 2012, 20:47
  5. 22nd April 2012, 19:23
  6. 10th April 2012, 08:33
  7. 21st March 2012, 21:26
  8. 19th March 2012, 21:43
  9. 8th March 2012, 14:26
  10. 7th March 2012, 11:43