Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: FORD Navigation system DENSO EUROPE DVD 2009

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,599 Times in 178 Posts

Re: FORD Navigation system DENSO EUROPE DVD 2009

Although you claim to have burned etc you are not explaining how and that may be the crux of the story.
    Burning an image is something very little understood by numerous people
    Most of the failures are due to the fact that one is just writing the image file to disk as data. They end up with a perfect cd that contains on big image file and can subsequently only be used as a coaster.

The only method is to open the image file in your favourite program and then burn it
    If you are presently running 2005/2006 map software there is no need to update!

Another thing is why you are focussing on an obsolete DVD when a newer one has been available for quite some time
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...rope-2009-2010
    Last edited by gazo; 5th September 2010 at 14:53.
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

mentorman is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: FORD Navigation system DENSO EUROPE DVD 2009

Hi Gazo , i have downloaded the newer version of the Map Disc 2010 and i will attempt to write it tomorrow when i can get hold of some VERBATIM or PHILIPS DVD+R DL discs. I downloaded the iso image of the Update 4.40 and right clicked on it ! The drop down box give me the option to write it with Nero 10 or ImgBurn . I settled for ImgBurn as most people say it is the best for this. It was no problem and the write completed at 1x with no read faults whatsoever. When i opened up the disc written on it revealed 3 files which are as follows :- canV080.bmx LOADING.KWI M_FLASH.598
    When i went into the data on my Denso head unit...in General info...this is what it said... ford s/w revision 00 13/12/2004 and MAP ver eu v00.04.06
    I think this is the old version and may need to be updated and that is why i am so desperately trying to write the 4.40 update to disc !
    Tomorrow i will be writing the EURO 2010 image by RIGHT clicking on the MDS file of the two parts. This inturn will open up ImgBurn into write mode. I then will click on TOOLS then touch on DRIVE then touch on CHANGE BOOKTYPE I will then click on the TAB for my drive which is the SAMSUNG tab. Then its just a case of selecting the DVD+R DL media and touch CHANGE to set as DVD ROM . Please let me know if i have missed out on anything and suggest a good media type for writing the 4.40 update disc on !! Thanks mentorman

Thanks

Question FORD Navigation system DENSO EUROPE DVD 2010 and UPDATE !

Hi Gazo , i have downloaded the newer version of the Map Disc 2010 and i will attempt to write it tomorrow when i can get hold of some VERBATIM or PHILIPS DVD+R DL discs. I downloaded the iso image of the Update 4.40 and right clicked on it ! The drop down box give me the option to write it with Nero 10 or ImgBurn . I settled for ImgBurn as most people say it is the best for this. It was no problem and the write completed at 1x with no read faults whatsoever. When i opened up the disc written on it revealed 3 files which are as follows :- canV080.bmx LOADING.KWI M_FLASH.598
    When i went into the data on my Denso head unit...in General info...this is what it said... ford s/w revision 00 13/12/2004 and MAP ver eu v00.04.06
    I think this is the old version and may need to be updated and that is why i am so desperately trying to write the 4.40 update to disc !
    Tomorrow i will be writing the EURO 2010 image by RIGHT clicking on the MDS file of the two parts. This inturn will open up ImgBurn into write mode. I then will click on TOOLS then touch on DRIVE then touch on CHANGE BOOKTYPE I will then click on the TAB for my drive which is the SAMSUNG tab. Then its just a case of selecting the DVD+R DL media and touch CHANGE to set as DVD ROM . Please let me know if i have missed out on anything and suggest a good media type for writing the 4.40 update disc on !! Thanks mentorman

Thanks

Re: FORD Navigation system DENSO EUROPE DVD 2010 and UPDATE !

Sounds OK to me

Thanks

I think the Update disc 4.40 has to be written on a DVD+R too for the laser to be able to read the 3 files mentioned in my last post above but its an expensive disc for such a short burn LOL. Can anyone let me know how they copied the update disc using what kind of media disc and what burner and software used ?? Cheers Mentorman .

Thanks

Nonsense
    I have seen many an update with an update cd written on CD-R and on CD-RW

Thanks

Hello again Gazo , this is why i have wrote on the forum to ask people what media they have used successfully! If it still doesnt work after that it looks like i may have to buy a more upto-date burner such as the latest pioneers . A shop round the corner to me has the pioneer DVR 216D i believe which is £22 . I have just been on Fleabay to price spindles of 10 Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL £7.85 to £12 and they mention two kinds.....Matt Silver which is advertised as good for XBOX 360 or the deep purple and i am wondering which brand is the best for these Navigation Backups ?? Thx mentorman.

Thanks

Hello everybody again , i have successfully burned the EURO 2010 Nav Disc on an ARITA DVD+R DL but once again my DVD ROM drive in the boot refuses to read it . I also successfully burned the 4.40 update onto a CDRW and once again my DVD ROM drive in the boot refuses to recognise it.As soon as i replace the ORIGINAL 2005/2006 ORIGINAL it starts to read it after 8 seconds or so. I am now convinced it must be the laser on the DVD ROM drive in the boot Unless anyone else has had this problem and found away around it. I have even put in a lense cleaner but still no joy !
    Cheers mentorman

Thanks

If you have used a lens cleanerm the problem only has gone worse.
    Dirt accumulates in the unit and on the lens. As soon as thes so-called not scratch brushes touch the lens the minute particles of fine dust will act as a near perfect abrasive
    Lens cleaning is a hand job done with a Q-tip and a drop of cleaning alcohol

Thanks

Hello everyone , Can anyone tell me the procedure for getting inside the DVD ROM Drive in the Boot so i can clean the lense with a Q tip and cleaning alcohol as mentiond by Gazo above. I know you prize the front plastic surround off the front by two tabs underneath which then reveals some little screws . I have seen this somewhere but cannot remember where but i think what was to replace the inner mechanism ! Mentorman

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast