GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Ford denso 4m5t-10e887-ae dvd rom

mentorman is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Cool Ford denso 4m5t-10e887-ae dvd rom

Hello everyone , i have posted on here about the problems i have with my DVD ROM Drive in the boot of my 2006 MONDEO . I have an ORIGINAL 2005/2006 FORD DISC which runs perfect but i wish to be able to run the 2010 MAP DVD. Through many trials and tribulations i got as far as getting the UPDATE 4.40 to work on my unit but nothing else . Looks like i am stuck after using a professional DVD lense cleaner and trying VERBATIM discs etc etc. I even bought the discs from mynavishop for £36 and still no joy ! My lense must be very tempremental and so i am resigned to the fact that i will have to buy an ORIGINAL ./...but FORD discs are very expensive even on FLEABAY ! I am informed that the ORIGINAL JAGUAR dvd discs work because they are the DENSO type too ! There are several on FLEABAY at the moment for half the price of the FORD MAP DVD. Thing is i am not 100% sure and what discs work from JAGUAR on my UNIT in the boot . Can anyone give me some part numbers so i dont buy a disc in error ?? Thanks Steve .

gazo is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 188 Posts

Re: Ford denso 4m5t-10e887-ae dvd rom

One thing is certain: lens cleaners, even prfessional ones, only make things worse

And although I appreciate your near desperation, there is no reason whatsoever to triple your cries for help. Once is more than enough and I deleted your other posts
    Last edited by gazo; 16th September 2010 at 19:33.
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Thanks

Hi Gazo , its not as much as a cry for help but more of a shout for information ? I asked if anyone knows what ORIGINAL JAGUAR DISCS could possibly work in my FORD system . I posted it in the Ford Forum for to catch the eye of anyone with the same system as mine that might be using an ORIGINAL JAGUAR Disc . I also posted it in the JAGUAR forum incase anyone might have info on the possibility that FORD discs could work in their systems If this is the case i am onto a winner . Instead of giving me any information or help you proceeded to treat me like a little naughty boy and delete my GENUINE inquisitive posts !

Thanks

Whatever the reasoning, double posting is not allowed.
    You could post a link to your original request

And none of the other dvd's will ever run in your Mondeo since original Ford DVD's do not have a loading.kwi included. The updates are done with a separate disk containing the propietary Ford update.

Thanks

So basically your saying that i am up **** creek without a paddle or buy an ORIGINAL more upto-date MAP DVD , or try and find a replacement Lense or the FULL guts for these DVD ROM units ??

Thanks

Hello Gazo , i have had a reply from some of my friends on another site forum and this is the reply i got concerning possible GENUINE JAG Discs in the Ford System :-

Re: Ford denso 4M5T-10E887-AE dvd rom DRIVE
    17-09-10 06:32 PM - Post#201994

In response to mentorman

Hi

Have you received and tried the second copy of the 2010 disc yet.

It is the single disc version of the Jag disc that work in the Mondeo.

1X43-10E898-AM should be the number. I used a 2007-2008 disc 1X43-10E898-AK successfully.

Peter

Thanks

Exactly
    The same information can be found on this forum
    The Eastern Europe DVD does not contain the Loading.kwi file an therefore runs in a Mondeo
    I'm surpised ÿour friends" di not notice that

Thanks

Hello again Gazo , forgive me but i am totally confused about this LOADING.KWI business with the FORD DVD MAPS ! When i open up the Wetern Europe DVD downloaded from here it has the LOADING.KWI file in it which is approximately 7MB ! When i open up my ORIGINAL 2005/2006 MAP DVD it also has the LOADING.KWI in it too. I bought the FORD DENSO 2010 WESTERN from mynavishop to try and that had the LOADING.KWI file in it also. I have three iso files from the jaguar range with the numbers :- DVD1 464210-9820 , DVD2 464210-9830 , and DVD3 464210-9840 which are the 2008/2009 editions and thay all have the LOADING.KWI file in it which is 77MB for the UK one . I know on this forum you mention that the FORD DENSO 2010 is a MODIFIED version of the JAGUAR Discs but what was taken out to make it readable in the FORD DENSO DVD ROM drive ? It is also mentioned here that if you have downloaded the latest Jag discs you must delete the LOADING.KWI from the image using Magic or Power iso etc etc for them to work on the Ford or Jag system ?? Thanks Steve .

Thanks

Of course you are confused
    If you had downloaded the images I posted myself. There is no loading.kwi and I con't understand how you found one where there is none
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...=8033#post8033
    You would have had no problem. I can report a near 100% success rate for these dvd's on various forums

Ford has decided to not include loading.kwi program software in its dvd's but to supply this separately in update cd's
    The latest being the 4.40
    The last edition for Mondeo of 2007 did not include a loading.kwi file

Thanks

Hi Gazo and thanks for that, i am downloading the files again now for the Western Europe 2010 . With my unit being updated now i might have more luck now . Cheers mentorman