GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: FORD DENSO Compatible with JAGUAR DVD ROM Drives ?

mentorman is offline Corporal
    Thanks

FORD DENSO Compatible with JAGUAR DVD ROM Drives ?

Hi everyone , i have posted on here about the problems i have with my FORD DENSO DVD ROM drive having a weak laser and only capable of reading ORIGINAL DVD MAP discs. I have done some research and found out about certain Jaguar Discs that work in the FORD system ! These discs start with the part number 1x43 etc. I have just been on Fleabay and noticed a couple of their DVD ROM drives for **** and was wondering if they would plug into a FORD DENSO harness in the MONDEO and operate? Looking at the back of the unit i noticed the OPTICAL connection on the left is similar but there is TWO wiring blocks on the right instead of one . The part number for this type of ROM is below ! I was thinking that if the Jag discs work in the Ford system why not the units be backward compatible too ?

MOVED FROM A JAGUAR XJ AND I BELEIVE IT FITS VARIOUS JAGUAR MODELS INCLUDING S TYPE BUT PLEASE CHECK COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BIDDING

JAGUAR PART NO. 2R83 10E887 AF DVD ROM drive !

Gazo :- Quick note mate , those discs i ordered from mynavishop that didnt work in my system , worked in my friends Mondeo DENSO even though the disc had the LOADING.KWI file included !! My lense is my problem so i am trying to get hold of a Disc by JAGUAR or even the JAGUAR DVD ROM drive if it will run on my electrics ?? The NEW guts for these units on Fleabay are £260 + postage so i am looking for my cheapest option !

Best wishes Steve .

smjohns is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: FORD DENSO Compatible with JAGUAR DVD ROM Drives ?

Hi Steve. I think you posted this on another forum. The dvd drive is not compatible between vehicles as it is not just a dvd drive. The box also contains the satnav control unit and as such the Jag units will not work with the Fords. Keep an eye on ebay or your local scrap merchants and hopefully you will find a Ford drive. Remember that the system is fitted to the Focus, C-Max, S-Max, Galaxy and the Mondeo and the drive is the same in all of em.

mentorman is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: FORD DENSO Compatible with JAGUAR DVD ROM Drives ?

Hello mate , by we do get around the forums dont we , the more the merrier so we get answers to our questions ! I suppose several brains are better than one or in my case half LOL. Yeah i am starting to look around the scrappies but living in a seaside town doesnt give you alot of scope that way ! I will just have to keep looking in all the mentioned vehicles and see if any are hidden and forgot about ! Cheers Steve .