Maps 2012/2013 - there is no space in the memory RT6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps 2012/2013 - there is no space in the memory RT6

It turns out that the older RT6 not fit all maps 2012/2013. The RT6 systems on 2011 and early 2012, most often missing 37-200 Mb disk, missing it gives 1-2 countries maps.

That is because the matter is clear inside RT6 mini SD card is 4 GB, is not enough, you have to put it bigger, such as 8Gb

It seems to me that a solution is possible (thanks to the user to "Malgrek" which is found a)

- We will have to dismantle RT6
    - Open it, if possible without damaging the seals,
    - SD card found inside RT6, remove and copy everything exactly to your hard disk,
    - You must note down the name in the original volume serial ° kaart SD - HardDiskSerialNumberChanger.exe program
    - Copy everything exactly the 8 Gb SD card, formatted in FAT32,
    - Insert the new card into RT6,
    - See if RT6 boot, and only then overdub the rest of the tube should go
    (save the original SD card without any interference on just in case something went wrong)

I suspect that in the same way you will be able to upload new cartographies faster and probably also when the 508 also introduces security code recording of map by the VIN.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bolotelewidz; 26th December 2012, 15:42.

Re: Maps 2012/2013 - there is no space in the memory RT6

Just few things.
    Do you mean that the last RT6s produced have mini SD cards with more than 4 GB? How can we check it without disassembling the hardware?

Did you try with the original maps buyed by the official website?

Comment

Unfortunately, it is impossible to check without opening.

Verified with the original maps from Navteq

Comment

Propably in my car I have 8GB microSD card, because I don't have problems with new maps from Navteq... but my car was produced 24.06.2012

Comment

Official from Citroen.
          Attached Files

Comment

Is there some way to get these maps... with the trick?

Comment

yeah,Propably in my car I have 8GB microSD card, because I don't have problems with new maps from Navteq.thank you

Comment

How to know (without opening RT6) what size of memory installed?

Comment

What is the date of delivery of the car or what date of manufacture

date manufacture calculator (after the number OPR entered on the edge of the door):

Comment

Citroen DS4 Jan 2012 Finland

Comment

I ordered my Peugeot 508SW in the beginning of December of 2011 and took delivery in the end of February of 2012. I have the 4GB version as I found out yesterday. On the other hand, it is not a problem for me because I am not planning to visit UK, so I just deleted the maps for it

Comment

Originally posted by vaphiose View Post
                        I ordered my Peugeot 508SW in the beginning of December of 2011 and took delivery in the end of February of 2012. I have the 4GB version as I found out yesterday. On the other hand, it is not a problem for me because I am not planning to visit UK, so I just deleted the maps for it
                        Hi
                        How do you delete installed maps????
                        Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Mueller View Post
                          Hi
                          How do you delete installed maps????
                          Wolf
                          Hi!

When you try to update a map, and it doesn´t fit, you will be presented with a dialog box, asking you which map you want to delete. Simple as that!

Best regards

/Micke

Comment

Hi guys,

Might sound stupid for those who know, but could you please tell me what is he best way to open RT6 that the SD slot shown in the first post is accessable?
                            Have I got to remove the display or the front panel with all the knobs?

Regards,
                            Tom

Comment

I did it with my RT6 the 4GB Class4 MicroSD to exchange it for an 8GB Class 10 MicroSD. The RT6 must not be built completely apart, as there is on the right side of the slot.
                              Now it is possible to update all the cards from 2012/2013 1ed install. Been written as easily as in the first post is not, unfortunately. The data can not be easily copied such as the 4GB MicroSD has two hidden partitions. But no problem, the two partitions can be clones.
                              What you need for:
                              EASEUS Partition Master 9.2.1 Home Edition
                              HardDiskSerialNumberChanger.exe

I'm writing a guide with pictures.

So here is a Video Tut:
                              https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13280550/RT...idSnake007.flv

Have Fun Solidsnake007
                              www.c4forum.de Nickname: SolidSnakeC4
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SolidSnake007; 27th January 2013, 15:53.

Comment

Working...
                              X