Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Toyota-Lexus Whereis V18 wanted!!! anyone can help! thx

thx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by zbb518; 22nd September 2012, 13:49.

Re: Australia Toyota-Lexus Whereis V18 wanted!!! anyone can help! thx

They did say end of March release but according too Toyota its more like the end of April. But then again Toyota Service department still thinks its 2010 hahahhaa

Comment

I just had my car serviced and asked the parts guys and they said v18 is out. I didn't get it though, cause the price made laugh and then I left.

Comment

how much did they want?

Comment

I was told $350, hence the reason I found this forum and am settling for v17.

Comment

I was quoted $305. That's a big difference between $350 and $305 though!

Comment

Whereis is selling it for $295!

Whereis� | Buy Sat Nav Map Updates | Toyota - Sensis

Comment

The cost of Whereis Maps DVD v18/7 for Lexus on Whereis website is $295 plus they charge $8.50 for regular post.... so $305 sounds close enough to the real price.....

But overall the price for Lexus/Toyota DVD map update is complete ripoff.... In $300 you can get a quite nice GPS systems with free updates etc.....

In US, the cost of MAP DVD is US$169... and Lexus Navigation Faq's says that its high because they work with multiple map providers to source the best quality maps... But here in Australia... I dont see any such explanation.....
                Last edited by jack2067; 22nd April 2012, 04:19.

Comment

I guess one easy solution would be to buy a UBD for really new areas.
                  The v17 update is new enough...

Comment

There is a dodgy way going around car navigation system, OZ CarGPS Home

Comment

Found it...

Australia Whereis V18 C1 & C2 (2012)l

If you like it then add to my rep count by hitting the button, thanks

Last edited by Schermann; 25th July 2012, 07:00.

Comment

Have you got it working, do you need C1 and C2?

Comment

What is C1 / C2? Can anyone confirm if this works & if you need them both?

Comment

I think it might be copy 1 or copy 2 different methods of downloading. Im getting C1 I'll let ya know if it works

Comment

Yeah the zipped C1 worked for me, downloaded, extracted (with winzip, had to update it as I was getting errors with an older version) & burnt with Nero. Gold, cheers Schermann

Comment

Working...
                              X