Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with identification of VDO system

Hello everybody,

My friend has recently bought a 2nd hand audio system for his car. It came from a wrecked Audi RS2 and was really cheap.
    The only problem was, that the manuals were not included. I figured this was no problem since all the cables were there neatly packed in bundels and the manuals could be found online.

However I'm finding it difficult to identify the system, as there's no label on the nav computer. I've been looking around and there were a few options. I was thinking it could be a PC5000 or a PC3100, maybe a PC5100. The screen it was connected to, was a Kenwood screen, so no clues there as to which PC system it could be.

Could someone please help me identify the system and point me to the right map CD?

Included was a nav CD that reads: Tele Atlas Navigation, VDO Dayton logo, TMC logo and BENELUX 2000-I
    Also on the back of the PC system there's a sticker that reads: 594/00 Incl.4 KW03/00 (as seen in picture nr. 3)

Here are a few picture's I took:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	463.2 KB
ID:	449631Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.JPG
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	449632Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0171.jpg
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	449633Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	449634Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0173.jpg
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	449635

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by afhaaljap; 22nd December 2012, 19:07.

Re: Help with identification of VDO system

it's a pc5000 system, if you took it out of the sleeve you could see it on the sticker anyway take a look here:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/vdo-...-c-iq-cds.html

Comment

@hell,

thanks for the reply! I'll have a look

Comment

You wanna do whát with that screwdriver?

Read this thread for a quick usenet-reader-setup: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/feed...et-manual.html
        Look in my profile for more usenet-info: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/member.php?u=301179
        PM possible in English-Deutsch-Nederlands: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/priv...newpm&u=301179

Comment

Hi sorry for cutting in, but i need a little help.

I have a vdo system that says:
          Serial number SY594/00
          HW-number 0102
          SW-number 0690

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0338.jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	441714Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	441715

Witch system is this, and where can i find maps for scandinavia or some card that has denmark, germany exc..?

Another think, the screen is 16:9 but the image is 4:3. Can i fix this with an update and if so where can i find it...?

This is a great forum but when you are a noob like me its a bit wild with all the numbers and different map types, but i hope to learn in time

Comment

Originally posted by guldman View Post
            Hi sorry for cutting in, but i need a little help.

I have a vdo system that says:
            Serial number SY594/00
            HW-number 0102
            SW-number 0690

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7961[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7962[/ATTACH]

Witch system is this, and where can i find maps for scandinavia or some card that has denmark, germany exc..?

Another think, the screen is 16:9 but the image is 4:3. Can i fix this with an update and if so where can i find it...?

This is a great forum but when you are a noob like me its a bit wild with all the numbers and different map types, but i hope to learn in time

it is an an other pc5000, for maps see post #2 in this thread.

about the display go to the service menu (code 6330) and check if the display is set to 16:9, an other possibility that you have a mm5000 display behind some factory surround, if this is the case there are three buttons on the top of the display if you press all three at the same time you will have a setup menu where you can set it to 16:9 / 4;3 , enable or disable the internal speaker etc. if the screen is not mm5000 but an OEM screen there might be some other reason.. throw some more details on us

Comment

Thanks, you are my hero. I'm now in 16.9 mode.

The screen is an mm5000 and its build in to my BMW e46 with a bracket from ac schnitzer. 4 screws and i was there, easy when you know..

Now ill try the map update but i still need the software update for the ms5000 if anyone knows where i can find it ill be thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by guldman View Post
                Thanks, you are my hero. I'm now in 16.9 mode.

The screen is an mm5000 and its build in to my BMW e46 with a bracket from ac schnitzer. 4 screws and i was there, easy when you know..

Now ill try the map update but i still need the software update for the ms5000 if anyone knows where i can find it ill be thankful.
                well software update is not necessary to use updated maps but if you want you can find the latest version here:

VDO Navigation OS update MO5076 (download torrent) - TPB

Comment

when you need some help for this system.
                  I have everything:
                  sw 5070 / 5076
                  Maps 2012 2013

Living Holland Zaltbommel

Comment

Hi.

Can anyone help me identifying and changing language in this unit.

Philips Carin installed on 12/1999 Opel Vectra.
                    Ident-Nr: SY582/7 (i think there is a number after this one but i'm not sure)
                    Hw-ID: 0203
                    Sw-ID: 0230
                    PR.-DATUM: 99/41

I think this is a CARIN 440 but i'm not sure. The unit has deutch language and i don't understand. I thibk i need the system cd to change language.

Best regards

José Luís

Comment

Hi

Can anyone help me identifying and changing language of this unit.

Philips Carin installed on one 12/1999 opel vectra.
                      Ident-Nr.: SY582/7 ( i think it have one more number after but i'm not sure)
                      HW-ID: 0203
                      SW-ID: 0230
                      PR.-Datum:99/41

I think it is a CARIN 440 but i'm not sure. I need to change language in this system.

Thk's

Best regards

José Luís

Comment

yeah most probably it is carin 420/440, 0230 may be the last firmware version depending on production date, later units can be updated to 0290, anyway you need a firmware/language cd to change language, check your priv messages

Comment

Hi.

I change language to spanish because there isn't portuguese in this firmware version. Is it possible to upgrade to another version with portuguese language?

Best regards

Comment

Hi.

I change language to spanish because there isn't portuguese in this firmware version. Is it possible to upgrade to another version with portuguese language?

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by jmml View Post
                              Hi.

Best regards
                              unfortunately there was no official portuguese language for this system as it is a very early system from philips/vdo

Comment

Working...
                              X