Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFD2/RNS2-DVD Unlock- and Firmwarethread

Hi guys,

i make a new thread bundled with all infos and programs round about the MFD2-DVD, RN-S2 DVD before 45/06 and RN-S2 DVD after 45/06.
    At first, MFD2-DVD and RN-S2 DVD before 45/06 works with Canbus 1.6. The RN-S2 DVD after 45/06 works with Canbus 2.0.

Please note, the following Software works only on the european versions of the named devices!!!

Download-Links:

MFD2 DVD (CB1.6): Share-Online - dl/9OJUJ0FMJF0 (Firmware 030)
    Golf/Golf+/Jetta/Touran/Caddy/EOS/Passat/Passat Variant

RN S2 DVD (CB1.6):
    Share-Online - dl/D91R3FEMQ12 (Firmware 030)
    Touareg before 45/06, T5-Multivan

RN S2 DVD (CB2.0): Share-Online - dl/QFJASHFMJZE1 (Firmware 019)
    Touareg GP after 45/06

MFD2 DVD (CB1.6): Share-Online - dl/73BLR9FMJLB (Firmware028)
    Golf/Golf+/Jetta/Touran/Caddy/EOS/Passat/Passat Variant

Unlock DVD (all Firmwares): Share-Online - dl/X8TLS9FMQI2Z

Please note, the following Software works only on the nar versions of the named devices!!!

RN S2 DVD NAR: v47-NAR

RN S2 DVD NAR: v49-NAR

MFD2 DVD NAR: v50-NAR

Please note, the last Firmware for RNS2-DVD from NAR was the v49!! The v50 doesn't work on RNS2-DVD, it's only for MFD2 DVD NAR

Hope this thread can help you!

Best regards
    Last edited by jomafi; 3rd April 2013, 07:59.
    B.R. Jomafi
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Repairing of RNS 510 with Setconfig, Coding with VCDS, ODIS and VAS-PC
    You want to buy SETCONFIG for RNS510 - contact me by PM!

Re: MFD2/RNS2-DVD Unlock- and Firmwarethread European Devices

I have touareg 2004 and navigation rns2 but I do not know which software I use,...I want to use WV DVD europa v10 2013 maps ,... thanks

Comment

Thanks jomafi

Comment

Hello But what do you mean Touareg before 45/06 Touareg GP after 45/06. Where I see it on my nav.
        Thanks

Comment

Go into System-Menu and look what firmware is installed. Obviously you should know when you touareg is produced
          B.R. Jomafi
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Excuse my English I'm using google. I have a 2006 Touareg TDI V3.0 with RNS2 I run the Firmware procedure 030, unlocked and mastered the maps on both DVD-R DL and DVD + R DL Verbatim with Pioneer 216D but I do not recognize the maps. I also clean the lens, now I try to install the firmware 019.
            What do you recommend? thanks

Comment

After updating Firmware to 030 and use the old map, propably original map, have you the displaying the Navi-Signs in MFA?
              You must know, RNS2 with FW 030 has Canbus v1.6
              RNS2 with FW 019 has Canbus v2.0

If the map is not accepted in most cases the unlock procedure must be repeated, or the map was not correct burned, probably with an incompatible burner
              Last edited by jomafi; 18th January 2013, 12:33.
              B.R. Jomafi

Comment

Originally posted by mastrovetrio View Post
                Excuse my English I'm using google. I have a 2006 Touareg TDI V3.0 with RNS2 I run the Firmware procedure 030, unlocked and mastered the maps on both DVD-R DL and DVD + R DL Verbatim with Pioneer 216D but I do not recognize the maps. I also clean the lens, now I try to install the firmware 019.
                What do you recommend? thanks
                use different writer (LG).

Comment

What Canbus? where is it?

Comment

Do you know anything about the electronic and communication platform of your car?
                    Please google about canbus in vw...
                    Last edited by jomafi; 18th January 2013, 14:13.
                    B.R. Jomafi

Comment

Hi Jomafi!

If I have Passat with firmware 22, which version is for my car? Firmware 28 or 30?
                      What is the difference?
                      Thanx.

Comment

Hi!

I updated to firmware v.30 and it has changed my language to german.. how do I get it back to English? thx

Comment

Hi,
                          The language is always dependent of the DVD. It can only changed with DVD inserted. So insert Map-DVD, the go to settings (Einstellungen-Systemeinstellungen) and change the language (Sprache) to english. Ho i can help you...

Greetzz!
                          Last edited by jomafi; 19th February 2013, 15:54.
                          B.R. Jomafi

Comment

Oh ok, thank you

Comment

@jomafi : hi, thank you for your uploads. I have done everything as described but I can't make it work... I will write step by step what I did and please correct me what have I done wrong. I have VW multivan T5 2005 year.

1) First I updated firmware to v.030 (RN S2 CB 1.6) - that went ok

2) Then I burned image of unlock DVD (all firmwares) at 2.4x using Alcohol 120 - I am not sure that went OK, because when I put the cd in, it reads and those two bars are quickly compleated ( 1-2 seconds), then something writes in german, and then it starts again (two bars loading quickly...) and it doesn't stop. I left it for 20 minutes and it was still doing what I described, so I ejected the cd and proceded to the next step..

3) I burned image of navigation 2013 maps with alcohol 120 at 2,4x speed, on verbatim dual layer dvd.. when I put the DVD in navi unit, nothing happens, but I can hear DVD spinning inside for 2-3 minutes and then it stops. the whole time something is wroted on display, like " keine ....dvd..." or something like that..

Have I done something wrong?
                              Thx for your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X