• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Garmin jnx file format hacking

Suppose you have 3 maps in the same area with the
    standar scalelevel values defined in this forum

Map JNX A: ScaleValue = 4777
    Map JNX B: ScaleValue = 4777

In the GPS at zoom 1.2Km (corresponding to 4777 scale value)
    you can see only one ...

Slightly modifying the scaleValue you can priority one or the other ...

Map JNX A: ScaleValue = 4777 | To priority A in GPS
    Map JNX B: ScaleValue = 4778 |

Map JNX A: ScaleValue = 4778 |
    Map JNX B: ScaleValue = 4777 | To priority B in GPS

The same effect can be achieved with the parameter DrawOrder instead of ScaleValue
    So I do see a relationship between both parameters ....

Whiter writed:

"To avoid this mutual disabling, it's recommended for the developers of JNX
    converters to use the following set of scale values for the corresponding
    zooms 75, 149, 298, 597, 1194, 2388, 4777, 9554, 19109, 38218, 76437, 152877,
    305758, 611526, 1223072, 2446184 (which is an extension of standard BirdsEye maps' scale values).
    Intermediate values are to be approximated with the closest value from this set."

I'm thinking to change JNXCustomizer, bypassing the standard set of standard values
    proposed by Whiter ... that way the application can prioritize one or the other by changing
    the parameter ScaleValue 1 unit up (to not priority) or down (to priority)

Also I would include all levels of zoom available on the GPS, the Whiter recommended scale
    only have 20m,50m,80m,200m,300m,800m,1.2km,3km,5km,12km,20km ,50km,80km,200km,300km,800km

My Oregon has some additional zoom level (5m, 8, 12m, 30m, 80m, 120m, 500m...), this wil be the
    full zoom table levels i use:

-The first value is the starting from which the JNX levels become visible at this level
    -The second value is the value inserted in jnx file (if new priorized option checked then insert value-1)
    -The third value is the description

[ZoomLevels]

WHITER SCALE --------------- New SCALE VALUES
    --------------------------- -----------------------------
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level1=14/16/5m
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level2=21/25/8m
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level3=32/40/12m
    Level4=52/75/20m
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level5=79/90/30m
    Level6=131/149/50m
    Level7=209/298/80m
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level8=313/400/120m
    Level9=521/597/200m
    Level10=782/1194/300m
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level11=1303/1800/500m
    Level12=2084/2388/800m
    Level13=3125/4777/1.2km
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level14=5209/6000/2km
    Level15=7813/9554/3km
    Level16=13021/19109/5km
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level17=20834/25000/8km
    Level18=31250/38218/12km
    Level19=52084/76437/20km
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level20=78125/9000/30km
    Level21=130209/152877/50km
    Level22=208334/305758/80km
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level23=312500/400000/120km
    Level24=520834/611526/200km
    Level25=781250/1223072/300km
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Level26=1302084/1800000/500km
    Level27=2083334/2446184/800km
    Last edited by jagmagana; 29th April 2011, 13:57.

Comment

YES, YES, YES! http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...html#post59483
      Last edited by lacop; 29th April 2011, 13:21.

Comment

New Oregon x50 Version

Changes made from version 4.47 to 4.49:

Fixed issues relating to WAAS performance.
        Fixed issue where the device would not regain a GPS signal after losing the GPS signal in a tunnel.
        Fixed shutdown on the map screen when a waypoint was being moved to the same location as a geocache or other POIs.
        Fixed an issue where the enabled/disabled option for custom maps could not be changed when two or more BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery providers were on the device.
        Fixed an issue where the device would not beep when approaching a destination while routing off-road.
        Problems with the software may be reported to OregonBeta@garmin.com

Patched OK :-)

Comment

Fixed an issue where the enabled/disabled option for custom maps could not be changed when two or more BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery providers were on the device.

That's the thing I found and discussed here some weeks ago. Nice to see it is fixed!

Hopefully the x00 update is comming soon too.

Comment

New GPSmap 62 fw 2.95beta
            Changes made from version 2.94 to 2.95:
            Fixed issues relating to WAAS performance.
            Fixed issue where the device would not regain a GPS signal after losing the GPS signal in a tunnel.
            Fixed shutdown on the map screen when a waypoint was being moved to the same location as a geocache or other POIs.
            Fixed issue where proximity waypoint alerts could only be set in feet regardless of what was selected as a Distance/Speed unit in the setup page.
            Fixed an issue where the device would not beep when approaching a destination while routing off-road.
            Problems with the software may be reported to 62-78Beta@garmin.com

patch OK

Comment

Hi, getting problem installing the JNXCustomizer1011_English.msi

Error 2738.Could not access VBScript run time for custom action.

Last edited by Slava; 30th April 2011, 10:12.

Comment

I don't have such issue, but fast searching using Google got me this link:
                Windows Installer Errors 2738 and 2739 with Script Custom Actions - Heath Stewart's Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Google is your friend ...

Comment

Hello,
                  FWPATCHER 2.2 is OK with new GPSmap 62 fw 2.95beta. I confirm ! My thanks to everyone for all that work with JNX files.

Comment

Originally posted by fukor View Post
                    I don't have such issue, but fast searching using Google got me this link:
                    Windows Installer Errors 2738 and 2739 with Script Custom Actions - Heath Stewart's Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Google is your friend ...
                    Thanks for the link! Successful installed.

Comment

Hi all back from a little break.

been playing with OTTS2JNX and came across and little bug.

if the number of files is greater than 50,000 then it slit it into 2 files 1 contating 50000 and the remaining in the other.

The only problem is both these 2 files will have the max and min corners set the same this causes a problem when viewing them in basecamp as it show all files covering the same area.

to over come this problem i split my txt file into 50000 chucks and create each map individualy. Now each jnx shows up with the area is covers only.

thought everyone might like to know.

roger is there a possibility of having mobat2jnx do what otts2jnx does. Take a list of files and output them as a JNX.

if the list excceed 50000 then a new JXN would be created.

Comment

roger is there a possibility of having mobat2jnx do what otts2jnx does
                        As I understand it OTTS2JNX runs with a list of files where the files are OSMTracker tiles. Can you explain how you would create that list except for a geographical area (which MOBAT2JNX already does with -bounds) It's too early in the morning for me to understand the problem which OTTS2JNX solves (other than being platform independent and avoiding JPEG recoding).

Comment

otts2jnx Allows the sparce maps to be created.

it as a input file which is a list of files which dont have to be next to each other geographicly this is user generated.

ie i could have a tile in bristol and a tile in london

it then generates a jnx from the list.

it uses the OSM directory structure to work out the cords for each tile.

anymore info you need feel free to ask and i will answer as best i can

Comment

it then generates a jnx from the list.
                            so the program would be run with one parameter which is the name of a text file containing the list of tiles. Full path names, presumably?

and the coordinates in the JNX header would be the bounding box of all the tiles?

Comment

Roger that is correct

It would be nice if it recreated the boundry header every 50,000 tile or how many specified.

But i can get round that by feeding it a input file with only 50,000 tile and then generating a new input file for the next 50,000

thanks

whitedrag0n

Comment

You are correct, Whitedragon. I found about the buglet a couple days ago but I haven't had time to address it as I'm about to leave for a 1 o 2 weeks trek with some luck. I believe the real bug is in basecamp, tho, as it should handle JNX with holes as well as the device does. Having a jnx with bigger coordinates than it should is just a special case of a big hole on one of the borders.

Comment

Working...
                                X