Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You cannot use this map...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You cannot use this map...

    Hi.
    I think I've read everything, and tried to help myself, but I'm stuck
    After wiping mt Tomtom One 3rd Edition TT home installed a 7.x navcore, device rebooted and tthome then said it was installing 8.10. Another reboot and I put on the maps which I thought were correct, UK & ireland 885.4058. After running fastactivater pro I was told I couldn't use those maps on the device.
    So I rechecked the map links and I think 885.4010 might be the right ones, though I see no mention of 8.10 navcore anywhere. Again I'm told these maps are wrong.
    So, which should I have, or what have I missed

    Thanks

  • #2
    Re: You cannot use this map...

    By the chart you can use either the 4058 or 4010 with either Navcore. Now you need to make sure the TTsystem in the Navcore is patched since you downloaded from TTHome.
    To save you more headaches get one from this site already patched and use it.
    I am running a TTOne v3 w/Navcore 8.4 and maps 4009 and all work fine.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: You cannot use this map...

      thanks - I though fastactivate patched the navcore, certainly said it had, and further attempts showed navcore already patched
      I'll download a ready patched one and try again, thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: You cannot use this map...

        Originally posted by frosty View Post
        Hi.
        I think I've read everything, and tried to help myself, but I'm stuck
        After wiping mt Tomtom One 3rd Edition TT home installed a 7.x navcore, device rebooted and tthome then said it was installing 8.10. Another reboot and I put on the maps which I thought were correct, UK & ireland 885.4058. After running fastactivater pro I was told I couldn't use those maps on the device.
        So I rechecked the map links and I think 885.4010 might be the right ones, though I see no mention of 8.10 navcore anywhere. Again I'm told these maps are wrong.
        So, which should I have, or what have I missed

        Thanks
        Either one of these maps will work with your navcore.
        However, the meta is not yet available for these maps, and without it you won't be able to activate them.
        TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
        TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
        TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: You cannot use this map...

          Guys,

          I am having the same problem as Frosty. I have been installing maps from here with no issues using fastactivate so am fine with the process. The UK & Ireland worked fine up to 880.3811 which I have installed. I have navcore 8.10 on a TT One XL and the compatibility chart indicates that I should be able to install 885.4010 and 885.4058. I downloaded both of these from here and tried to install them using the usual method that has worked up to now (fastactivate), but on rebooting TT am getting error "you cannot use that map on this device" - so have had to re-install 880.3811.

          So could it be possible that the 885 compatibility chart is wrong ? Has anyone else successfully installed UK & Ireland 885.4010 or 885.4058 on TT ?

          Thanks.

          EDIT - sorry just spotted response above from Lemonfish saying that the meta is not yet available for these maps, and without it you won't be able to activate them. Guess will have to wait for meta. Thanks
          Last edited by goldminer_999; 24th February 2012, 09:58.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: You cannot use this map...

            Originally posted by lemonfish View Post
            Either one of these maps will work with your navcore.
            However, the meta is not yet available for these maps, and without it you won't be able to activate them.
            Hi lemonfish,

            Apologies for another question but I am relatively new to this - how do we get to know when a particular meta becomes available ?

            Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: You cannot use this map...

              Originally posted by goldminer_999 View Post
              Hi lemonfish,

              Apologies for another question but I am relatively new to this - how do we get to know when a particular meta becomes available ?

              Thanks
              They will either be posted in the following thread:

              http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...eta-codes.html

              Or you may find a new meta listed in the same post of each new map download. A bit of searching will be needed until most or all of them are available.
              TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
              TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
              TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: You cannot use this map...

                Thanks
                Followed the path set by Josmed, above, now
                Navcore 8.412 and maps 4009, all activated and it looks like I might have lane guidance and..erm..other stuff (but no computer voices, and TThome gets upset at the map, even though patched)

                Next question, cameras moved to map folder, and activated, but how do I turn them on? Pretty sure it was as simple as turning on live services before, all i can see on this one is "my tomtom account" greyed out

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: You cannot use this map...

                  Originally posted by frosty View Post
                  Thanks
                  Followed the path set by Josmed, above, now
                  Navcore 8.412 and maps 4009, all activated and it looks like I might have lane guidance and..erm..other stuff (but no computer voices, and TThome gets upset at the map, even though patched)

                  Next question, cameras moved to map folder, and activated, but how do I turn them on? Pretty sure it was as simple as turning on live services before, all i can see on this one is "my tomtom account" greyed out
                  To get computer voices working, follow this tutorial:

                  http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...an-german.html

                  To use the function "Operate my ONE" in TomTom HOME, you also need to patch HOME. You can do so with FastActivate Premium.

                  After copy pasting the cameras to the map folder, you need to activate them the same way you activate the map. Confirm if a .dct file was created for the safety cameras (in addition to the .dct file for the map).

                  If TomTom Services are greyed out, you need to edit your setconfig.txt file (usually found in the Config folder) and remove the line: btoff or change it to bton
                  Last edited by lemonfish; 3rd March 2012, 07:40.
                  TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
                  TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
                  TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: You cannot use this map...

                    hi sorry to jump on this thread,ive dl 880.3810..how do i know this map has meta.file . b4 i dl to tomtom .because i only no how to use fast/a .sorry if it a silly question .....thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: You cannot use this map...

                      Originally posted by mikie View Post
                      hi sorry to jump on this thread,ive dl 880.3810..how do i know this map has meta.file . b4 i dl to tomtom .because i only no how to use fast/a .sorry if it a silly question .....thanks
                      Meta codes are available for all of the 880 maps. It's the new 885 ones that are incomplete at present.
                      TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
                      TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
                      TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: You cannot use this map...

                        A small point that may be helpfull to people.

                        I just added the 855.4009 Western & Central Europe to My 930 with the new 9.400 update & i could not get it to activate using Fast/Auto Active premium when it it placed in the 930 device root

                        I tried putting Fast/Auto Active premium in the SD card root where the map is & it worked straight away.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: You cannot use this map...

                          Thanks
                          I don't seem to have a settings/cfg file, so I created one with the following content

                          ttsoff
                          bton
                          fmoff

                          I also don;t have a model.txt file either

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: You cannot use this map...

                            I've got TT One 3rd Edition and TT XXL IQ. Both Runs 885.4009 Maps - U.K. and Western Europe respectively. They do run flawlessly therefore, I'm sure you can apply to your device.
                            I did not need any meta codes because I have the FastActivate which does all the jobs for me. As I said, you just need the FastActivate in order to crack all meta codes/maps/speed cams/voices and etc.
                            Also, just make sure that, all apps(maps/speed cams & etc) had been cracked by the FastActivate and that's it.
                            Finally, I'm using Navcore 8.545.1848 and 9.400 for TT One 3rd Edition and TT XXL IQ respectively.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: You cannot use this map...

                              I should have added, I still don't see an option to enable cams in the menus, though fastactivate does appear to have created the right files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X