Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem when installing maps and navcore from scratch

Hi,

I'm using a GO 730 with navcore 9.465 and after trying to do a clean install from either the SD card or Internal Memory, using the FastActivate program and install map 'Australia_900_4611' the TomTom comes up with the error msg 'You cannot use this map on this device: Australia-673'.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Appreciate your ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

Re: Problem when installing maps and navcore from scratch

It seems that you haven't patched the TTsystem...
    First patch the system and then patch the map!!

Comment

No, patching the ttsystem is not the problem.
      You have missed one of the most important points in the clean install tutorial which is written in bold. It is step no 12:

12) Download the compatible v900 map using the Map Thread Finder, but first make sure the meta is available.

A quick look at the Map Thread Finder shows that the meta for the Australia 900.4611 map is NOT available. Without this meta code, you cannot activate the map, no matter what you try.

In any case, the preferred map is 900.4602 anyway, as it is a full featured map. The meta is available for this map. Download it from here:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...inks-only.html
      TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
      TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
      TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Comment

Hi,
        thanks for your quick response. I found your instructions the best but as I said made some mistake. How do I know if the meta data is available or included in a map file? Is there an easy way to check.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ozhjk1 View Post
          Hi,
          thanks for your quick response. I found your instructions the best but as I said made some mistake. How do I know if the meta data is available or included in a map file? Is there an easy way to check.

Thanks
          Look in the Map Thread Finder:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...v900-maps.html

Next to each map you will see the size of each map. Next to that you'll either see the meta code or you will see the words "no meta yet".

Obviously, downloading the map with "no meta yet" could be a waste of time, unless the meta becomes available sometime soon for that particular map.
          TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
          TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Comment

Thanks for the info, this helps and makes it clear. Can you recommend a good site for downloads as there are so many and most appear not trustworthy. The torrents are great but unfortunatly not being seeded.

Comment

Originally posted by ozhjk1 View Post
              Thanks for the info, this helps and makes it clear. Can you recommend a good site for downloads as there are so many and most appear not trustworthy. The torrents are great but unfortunatly not being seeded.
              More information please - which torrents are not being seeded?

I personally seed every torrent I create, at least to a ratio exceeding 10.

If there's a problem, I can't fix it if I don't know about it!

The accepted "polite" thing to do on most forums is that if you discover a problem then you notify the uploader by PM.

As you can imagine, we get a little annoyed when people make sweeping statements about problems that may, or may not, be of their own making.
              Last edited by Teuchter; 27th December 2012, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuchter View Post
                The accepted "polite" thing to do on most forums is that if you discover a problem then you notify the uploader by PM.
                As many of you may have experienced, this site is currently having database problem errors, so the PM feature is temporarily down. The admins are working on the problem, but due to the holiday season, it could take a while to fix.

Many thanks for your efforts, Teuchter. Please continue making torrents whenever possible.

ozhjk1,
                if you're not having any luck with the other download links, please try Teuchter's torrent link in post #4 of the Australia_900_4602 map thread mentioned earlier.

All the best!
                TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

Comment

Hi Teuchter,
                  thanks for your reply. I understand your concerns and agree with you. I've had luck with the australia_900_4602 torrent this today. It's great when you can get them this way as it is so easy. I've had no luck with the torrent for New Zealand 900_4602 and DeAtCh4602. I can forward you those links if you are interested but will keep trying.

Thanks again

Comment

Go tot this thread

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...tml#post175609

Goodluck
                    TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
                    TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
                    TomTom One N14644 Canada 310 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5011
                    TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.
                    TomTom on iPhone 4 Google Maps

Comment

That is a fantastic link with easy to download files. Thank you.

Comment

You're welcome ! !

If there are any problems, just send me an e-mail, feel free to use my private adres too in that case.

Greetings, Aad - pe1agp
                        TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
                        TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
                        TomTom One N14644 Canada 310 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5011
                        TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.
                        TomTom on iPhone 4 Google Maps

Comment

Hi lemonfish,
                          just wanted to let you know that your recommendations using the correct map meta file all worked out ok. Again your instructions are perfect. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

You're very welcome and thank you for letting us know you got it all working successfully. Hopefully this will help other users with similar queries or problems.
                            TomTom Tutorials & FAQ

Comment

Working...
                            X