This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick WinCE Desktop

If your GPS starts the Nav app on the SD card, here is a quick way to get access to a WinCE 5.0 Desktop. It's best to do this with a spare, blank sd card.

1) Download the app

2) Copy CEDesktop.exe to a folder that mimics the name of the folder for your Navi app.

3) Rename CEDesktop.exe to a name that mimics your Navi apps .exe

4) Restart the GPS and, if your lucky, you should have a quick and easy WinCE desktop available. This desktop has the ability to activesync with your desktop pc.

No guarantees, but it may work with your WinCE 5.0 device.
    Last edited by dohcacr; 13th May 2011, 20:35.

Re: Quick WinCE Desktop

For Gogo902, i did rename \MobileNAvigator\cedesktop.exe to \MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe but didn't work at all, nothing happen when i'm clicking "Navigation"

Comment

If your gogo902 runs wince 5.0 and the navigation menu is set to run (your sd card name)\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe then there are only a few possibilities.

1) You may have corrupted the download by extracting it directly to your SD card. Download a fresh copy, extract it to your desktop, and move it to (your sd card name)\MobileNavigator\. Rename the file appropriately for your gogo902. (actually if this is the situation, I would expect an error to be generated by wince)

2) Your sd card may be corrupted or not inserted properly. Take appropriate corrective action(in this case I would also expect an error).

3) You may have misstyped the name of cedesktop.exe when you named it MobileNavigator.exe.

This is a very simple operation. If the file is named correctly, and in the right place, you should at least get an error, if your gogo902 is functional.
      Last edited by dohcacr; 27th May 2011, 11:23.

Comment

FYI it doesn't work for me in WinCE6

Comment

Doesn't work in WinCE 6.0. Is there any other way to gain access to the desktop? I have tried the YFGo2CE.bld file on sdcard trick and that didn't work either.

Comment

Try this Menu:
            MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Rename to point menu and nav's.

Comment

This should work for any version of wince after 2.x. Not really a desktop but should provide all the functions you need.

Total Commander
              Last edited by dohcacr; 5th November 2011, 18:34.

Comment

Menu Mio Spirit on card

Code:
                http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30546310/SPIRIT.rar
                Last edited by ramzes; 10th November 2011, 17:46.

Comment

Anyway to Exit this Spirit Menu?

in the ini files, how to set up a button just to exit?

I want to be able to go back to my device original UI.

Comment

Could you please reupload the app?

Comment

HI,

Download the attached file and unzip the inside file... keep it on your MMC card root .. insert the MMC card in Wince GPS and just restart the GPS..

You will get Wince Desktop. file here

regards

Nitin

Comment

does not work with my WinCE6 gps too

Comment

Hi all, I have an Eonon Double Din G2227 and G2226 and these Garmin maps on both units force a fault and pushes you to wince desktop, give it a go, I cant see it doing any damage. There is a video on Eonon G2227 GPS exploit / hack - YouTube
                          GM CE5 6_SDMMC_ unlock.rar

Join us Eonon Modders on Facebook.

Comment

FYI, the Garmin file above ended up working on my Eonon G2227, so no Explorer. However, if you edit Garmin.mscr and comment everything after " CE
                            Run("\Windows\explorer.exe")", you'll end up in Explorer. G2227 is Chinese all the way, so it's sorta useless unless, you know how to read Chinese of course. Easier solution would be to use any file manager. Somebody already mentioned Total Commander, but others (PNADesktop...etc) work equally well. Rename it to what you GPS expects (mobilenavigator.exe, drive.exe, navigon.exe...etc). Eonon list all executables in the SD card so it is really simple and convenient.

Comment

Hi,
                              I`m new in this forum, but not new in GPS systems.
                              I have a problem with my Prestigio GEOVISION 4700 with WinMobile CE 6.0. I have been using iGO Primo about one year with no problems. Now I have this problem https://www.dropbox.com/s/d99jqekcxd...2012.58.39.jpg Problem appears, when GPS signal is recieved. I think, that is not a iGO problem (tried a lot of other versions) but WinMobile problem. Have anyone had this before? What solution should it be? Thanx

Comment

Working...
                              X