The Southern Africa Streetmaps 2010.2 (released 07 May 2010) Edition map includes a host of new features which make navigation safer and more convenient. With the ability to select enhanced Point of Interest (POIs) based on your personal preferences, Garmap’s latest map improves users’ experience significantly. No longer simply moving from a pure A-to-B navigation service, but greatly enhanced to offer location-based services and value-adds.
Garmap’s 2010 2nd Edition delivers the most up-to-date maps and the most comprehensive list of enriched POIs for Southern Africa.
Street-level changes including ongoing construction and modifications to South Africa’s roadways, with the addition of new interchanges on major highways and new roads.
Detailed information on soccer stadia, major sports parking areas, fan parks, park and ride/walk sites, drop-off points, sports venue ticketing offices and pedestrian walkways around stadiums.
ENHANCED POINTS OF INTEREST IN GARMAP’S 2010 2ND EDITION:
Comprehensive location-specific listings and information for specific communities, many include POI descriptions, photographs and contact details. Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones paired with compatible Garmin GPS units will allow users to dial many venues directly, to make a reservation at a restaurant, for example. Enhanced POI’s appear on-screen as simple icons, making navigation intuitive and easy.
ENHANCED POI’S INCLUDE:
• More than 7,000 accommodation listings from SafariNow, Africa’s leading accommodation and travel guide
• 127 select Cape wine estates, provided by Wine Magazine
• 113 PGA golf courses across South Africa, 63 courses in Malawi, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Botswana and Zambia, provided by Compleat Golfer
• 10 Skydiving Clubs throughout South Africa
• 63 top Scuba Diving sites, provided by Divestyle Magazine
• 60 Child Welfare offices in South Africa, including contact details
• Thousands of South African business listings
• Top geo-tagged sites and POIs in the Kruger National and Kgalagadi Transfrontier Parks, based on the renowned Peter’s Guide Books
This map set includes the routable tar and gravel road network detail for 10 countries in Southern Africa.
The included countries are: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The seamless routing between the different countries allows you to accurately plan and navigate to destinations within the Southern Africa region. Search capabilities on a comprehensive list of Points of Interest (POI) such as service stations, banks, businesses etc and street addresses (street addresses only currently available for South Africa) allow you to quickly find and route to your destination.
The MapSource software allows for the management and transfer of map, track, route and way-point information which can be used on your PC or loaded on to your GPS device.
Comprehensive street level detail for all cities and selected towns in the Southern Africa region.
Data features include:
Street level data for more than 1700 cities, towns and villages in South Africa
Re: [RS] Southern Africa Streetmaps 2010.2 (released 07 May 2010) (NT)
no sweat dude, enjoy.
The POI files in the 'Extra' folder, just dump those in your Garmin/Poi folder (rename poi.gpi if you've already got custom POI's on your device) and they'll request install on next device bootup.
Ok, I downloaded the map used this key gen JetMouse Garmin Keygen v1.5 with Checksum Fix unlocked map, transfered to my device and got the same "Can't Unlock Maps" display on my GPS.
Do I need to move the Garmin Map I downloaded to a different folder before I run Mapsource to load the map and unlock it with the KeyGen? This has happened before and I have not been able to get around it. Any suggestions or ideas would help
U have to use as UnitID in the KG your DeviceID, u cannot use a generic ID.
Lets say your device ID is 123456789 then u cannot use any different ID in the KG.
987654321 generates a different UnlockKey which doesn't fit ur device
Dkaranda - i think you faced the same problem as i did initially, for us newbies.
Open Mapsource. Utilities -> Manage Map Products -> Unlock Regions. Delete everythingn you have there
1) Open Keygen
2) you must fill the Unit ID with your garmin ID number. You can find your Garmin ID number by going to Mapsource, Utilities -> Get Unit ID (of course, your Garmin must be plugged into the computer)
3) Get back into Keygen. Paste Unit ID.
4) Select Map Product: custom, and key in 1815 for Map ID.
5) Click Generate.
6) Go back to MApsource, Utilities -> Manage Map Products -> Unlock Regions. Add, and fill it in with the REference number you get from Keygen. Close window.
7) Use the Maptool the highlight the places you want, then click the button to transfer to your unit!!
Hope this helps!
CAn someone tell me where do i find the topo files? Or is it in there already with the download?? Thanks!!!!