GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: REQUEST for LAND MAPS HERE (NO BLUECHARTS) - Post it here

denniz94 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

REQUEST for LAND MAPS HERE (NO BLUECHARTS) - Post it here

can anyone upload a map city navigator scandinavia also for sweden i need the latest, now i have city navigator scandinavia & Estonia . i need a new for Sweden
    michel580, ziotom, toze01 and 3 others like this.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to denniz94 For This Useful Post:

zuzka is offline Corporal
    Thanks

[Request] someone for trading cityxplorer maps?

Hi. I`ve got Venezia, Prague, Oslo, Krakow all 2010.10, Sao Paulo 2010.30. Also St. Petersburg Moscow and Helsinki 2011.10 wich I`ll be willing to trade to another expensive ~20$ map (just to make the trade fair). No comertial profit just exchanging maps one for one: you give me yours and I give you mine PM only.
    Last edited by zuzka; 4th June 2010 at 09:20.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zuzka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[Request] Looking for South Korea Map for my Garmin Mobile XT

Hi

I am so glad this forum is back online. What happened?

Previously your forum helped me to find a Garmin map for South Africa.

I am moving to South Korea in June and was wandering if you knew of a link to where I can download an unlocked Garmin map for South Korea. I intend using the map on my Garmin mobile xt on my nokia 5800.

Please help.

Thanks
    Christia likes this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mandrake For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[solved] want garmin map for nepal. found one ,but it's too expensive! from 49euro!

i have been looking for a garmin map of nepal for a very long time. But failed to find a good one. last week i found a map called NepalSTREET NPL Routable. it's very nice but not free even a little expensive (from 49 euros).what a pity! who could share with me? thanks a lot!
    Christia likes this.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2ertwo For This Useful Post:

radijator123 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: someone for trading cityxplorer maps?

Somehow that's not very generous of you - people here who share don't ask anything in return.
    Anyway, could you at least tell me how is the pedestrian mode with those city xplorer maps implemented? How hard is it to find public transport bus/underground) stations?
    neil and urutux like this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radijator123 View Post
    Somehow that's not very generous of you - people here who share don't ask anything in return.
    It took almost a year to othercityxplorer maps start leaking since some nice person put Venice into public. Somehow mere sharing these maps doesn`t work. Personally I`m all up for group buyout of the cityxplorer maps.

Anyway, could you at least tell me how is the pedestrian mode with those cityxplorer maps implemented? How hard is it to find public transport bus/underground) stations?
    First of all you`ll need new 1xxx generation Nuvi. It has three well known navigation modes: Aoutomobile, Bycicle, Pedestrian. In these new nuvis pedestian mode is handled rather different interface wise.

The screen doesn`t follow you (as in your possition isn`t kept in the senter of the screen automaticly) and all the turns you have to take while following the route are displayed in the blue bar above map. They have to be switched manually.
    When you enter destination and calculate route with cityxplorer maps you`ll be presented not only with fully "on foot" route as with regular maps but there will be additional routes involving public transport. Much like you see it in google maps. Clicking on route you`ll be presented with detailed route plan.

For public transport not only you can see boarding station names but also the station names you should pass while travelling.
    Route preview looks like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knMS8...eature=related
    Last edited by zuzka; 12th May 2010 at 21:09.
    bringi likes this.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm surprised that those maps are nowhere to be found.

I suppose you can choose to travel only with underground, only with bus or to make a combination of those? Hopefully it's not buried somewhere deep in the menu.

Does it rotate the map or is it only north up so you have to rotate the device in your hand?

How useful do you find it/does something annoy you when using it?

Not regarding cityXplorer maps: does the new garmin sfw. have a feature to find you POIs (like petrol station) along your route, so you don't have to go off the highway?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radijator123 View Post
    I suppose you can choose to travel only with underground, only with bus or to make a combination of those? Hopefully it's not buried somewhere deep in the menu.
    You will be presented usually with two or three routes to choose from. Some may involve only one type of transport. Some involve several types. You can choose which types of public transport you prefer in settings.
    Problem is not all types of public transport are encoded in particular cityxplorer maps. Metro and trams are almost certain there but buses are rare. Which is kinda strange as Garmin buys data from Navteq and that guys have all the info even transport schedules, pedestrian ways and crossing for highways, major bus terminal schematics and etc.
    Does it rotate the map or is it only north up so you have to rotate the device in your hand?
    Nope its always North up. There`s third button (apart from zoom+ and zoom-) that acts like focus- put you position in the center of the map
    Not regarding cityXplorer maps: does the new garmin sfw. have a feature to find you POIs (like petrol station) along your route, so you don't have to go off the highway?

Thanks

Re: [Request] someone for trading cityxplorer maps?

Maybe buses will be in version 2.0 of the maps which will be supported only on newest devices so that way you have to buy a new device and a new map (and in that case taking a taxi is maybe a cheaper option

Thank you very much for the extensive info and screenshots.

I'll continue to write about the POIs in the POI section of Garmin so that we don't go too much off topic.

spijun is offline Banned
    Thanks

Re: [Request] want garmin map for nepal. found one ,but it's too expensive! from 49eu

Last edited by Kor@l; 9th October 2011 at 13:51. Reason: Link to thread

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast