VUS511L - Boston-Norfolk v2012.1 (v13.51)
Released: Feb, 2012
Part number: 010-D0499-00
See your vessel’s precise, on-chart position in relation to navaids, coastal features, restricted areas and more with premium features found in this detailed marine mapping data. Includes all of the BlueChart® g2 features, plus 3-D perspective above and below the waterline, Auto Guidance, high-resolution imagery, and aerial photos of ports, harbors, marinas, landmarks and other points of interest.
- Includes realistic navigation features showing everything from shaded depth contours and coastlines to spot soundings, navaids, port plans, wrecks, obstructions, intertidal zones, restricted areas, IALA symbols and more.
- Features smooth displays, including seamless transitions between zoom levels and more continuity across chart boundaries.
- Includes high-resolution satellite imagery, when overlaid on the chart, provides the mariner with a realistic view of the land and water for unparalleled situational awareness.
- Features aerial “real world” photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigational landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters.
- Includes Auto Guidance technology that searches chart data - tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest - to suggest the best passage to a destination.
- Offers MarinerEye view 3-D perspective, providing a bird's eye view from behind the boat showing the chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix.
- Offers FishEye view 3-D perspective, providing an underwater view that visually represents the sea floor according to the chart's information.
- Provides Safety Shading (in compatible units), allowing mariners to enable contour shading for all depth contours shallower than user-defined safe depths.
- Provides Fishing Charts (in compatible units), allowing mariners to scope out bottom contours and depth soundings with less visual clutter on the display.
- Allows users to conveniently plan and organize routes, from your computer, before your trip with HomePort™, compatible trip-planning software (sold separately).
Detailed coverage from Gloucester, MA to Wildwood, NJ., including Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket Island, as well as Long Island Sound, New York Harbor, the Hudson R. to its junction with the Mowhawk R., and Raritan Bay. Also provides bathymetric coverage of offshore features from Georges Basin to Baltimore Canyon, including Georges Bank, the Bear Seamount, and the Hudson and Wilmington Canyons.
Last edited by P33dro; 8th December 2012 at 10:46.
hi there...i downloaded all these files, uzniped and got gmapsupp.img. Used jetmouse keygen and got sw and map unlocked codes. My question is what are the next step? How do i unlock the map and how do i put the image file on sd card? The gps unit does not have usb port, can't use mapsource and mapsource cannot open .img file. please help. thanks.
Use SD card reader/writer to copy file to SD card on a computer.
What GPS you are talking about using this with ?
If you (instead of Jetmouse) use the "FastIMGUnlocker" on the gmapsupp.img it will make that IMG unlockable which means
"useable anywhere without keys". The Jetmouse map unlock key will not work unless you have used the S/N of the SD as the UnitID.
The SW unlock code is not for maps and is not necessary. It is for unlocking Smartphone GPS software. If an unlock key is used you must have the key in a file named gmpasupp.unl located in the same directory on SD as the maps (gmapsupp.img).
You just copy the gmapsupp.img to a Garmin folder on SD and plug it into your GPS. How you see or use that map depends on your GPS model instructions. It's different on the various marine models but if you have put an UNLOCKABLE IMG on the SD (or micro-sd) it will work exactly as if you purchaed it from Garmin.
x:\garmin\gmapsupp.img <-- here's where the map goes.
x:\garmin\gmapsupp.unl <-- the unlock file you don't use an UNLOCKABLE gmapsupp.img.
The .unl is nothing more than a renamed .txt file you can make with notepad. The 25 char unlock key must be the first 25 characters on the first lin of that file.
There's no easy way to get these vision charts to work with mapsource. The standard method of viewing these is to download and install Garmins "Homeport" and it will read that particular gmapsupp.img right from the SD card so you can view it on a PC (you obviously need a card reader on you PC). They look very good on tha PC.
If your trying to use this chart with a GPS that does not support these maps you may have very limited functionality.
Hello Tiger and Kamoteka..thanks for your quick reply. I should have tell you in detail. My bros who have Garmin 440s and 520s, Marine GPS, capable of plotting chart, 3d, fishfinder...etc. They asked me to update the map for them. I have no clue with marine gps's since I only use portable one...like the unlocked Navigon 2100.
If I understand you correctly, Jetmouse key gen generate key and I create unlocked file .unl using notepad, right?. I got two files, each for diff. unit ID, put each file in appropriate folder per your instruction. My question is, the locked .img file posted above, how does jetmouse key gen unlock the image file? or it doesn't really matter. I only care about the .unl files, correct? like you said "x:\garmin\gmapsupp.unl <-- the unlock file you don't use an UNLOCKABLE gmapsupp.img."
ps. I will also try to use the fastimgunlocker since it makes more sense when I have two diff. unit. I will post the update to see if both units work. Thanks very much for your help. BTW, both paid like 149.00 per SD card....
Hello Tiger...you're the best! I gained so much knowledge from you about Garmin. I will use FastIMGunlocker just to be on the safe side. Will report back to you to see if both units work.
My next project is to get garmin to work on my Navigon 2100. I got Igo, Igo Amigo, Igo Primo, Destinator work on my Navigon 2100 on an 8gig card. Still have room for Garmin :-)
thanks again for your wisdom and patience.
ps. FastIMGunocker is running now...takes forever to unlock. The gmapsupp.img is more than 2.5 gig, it guess I'll take a walk and come back and hopefully it will unlock by then.
Hello Tiger.. more questions please.
FastIMGunlocker unclocked the gmapsupp.img, it closed by itself, but there's now new file name. I'm assuming it re-write/unlocked and used the same file name, correct?
Also, once it unlocked or converted. Just put the same file to garmin folder and nothing else, no need for any other file? When inserted the sd card into the unit, it should start booting and setting up, correct? The reason I'm being so detailed in questions is because my bros are in diff. states and they are not good with computer.
The 149.00 per sd card they paid i think include charts, boyes...etc....according to them. I'm not a boat person :-)
thanks for the tip Catymag :-)