GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Garmin G2 vision south island new zealand

BCpacific_user is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Garmin G2 vision south island new zealand

thanks
    i'll upload the locked img file Have the file heres the link south island new zealand g2 vision img
    LINK GONE WILL UPDATE WHEN I CAN
    Last edited by BCpacific_user; 24th February 2013 at 06:26.

Thanks

Smile Garmin G2 vision south island new zealand

Got tired of looking so whent an brought it so here ya go have fun its unlocked so all good. heres the link
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/hYAQvhD
    Last edited by BCpacific_user; 22nd May 2011 at 14:21.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BCpacific_user For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Garmin G2 vision south island new zealand

Hi. Ive loaded the image onto my garmin 62, It shows the maps but when i zoom in their is no detail their as all . The old garmin maps i had loaded are much better, I can see some arial photos when i zoom out but in close its just blank stuff.
    the map set must be bettrer than this?????

Thanks

hi did you make a folder named Garmin and then added the img file into that folder?? once you do that, view it on the pc with homeport using the usb drive with the folder named Garmin with the img file in that folder. as a matter of interest G2 is not really ment to be used on handhelds. it's more of a chart plotter based mapping as it uses birds eye view and 3D images below the water etc etc, where as the hand helds can not do that. i think some can but most caint, even the 60csx with software upgrade can do G2 maps but with limitations.. here is a screen shot of how mine is set up its for navigation only as you can see the land mass is well crap but the shore line is way good
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by BCpacific_user; 30th May 2011 at 11:57.

Thanks

Thanks so much BCpacific, any chance you were feeling extra happy and bought the North Island map too? Where did you purchase just the South Island map from? I'd be interested in purchasing the North Island maps as I've been waiting too long now also...

Thanks

naa just download them from
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5WZ17MT0
    just make a directory called Garmin on a 2gig sd card or micro sd card and then place the img file in that folder
    then you can view it under homeport or any chart plotter that can view g2 vision charts. have to download homport ok. so hope this helps
    Last edited by BCpacific_user; 15th June 2011 at 10:50.

Thanks

Wow many thanks for this! May I ask exactly what this is though? Is it the G2 maps or the full Bluechart G2 vision? I downloaded and put onto SD card, I have a Garmin 551s installed on the boat so put the card in, it only gave me the extra option of turning on "Photos" when using the fishing chart. I checked the manual and its pretty vague as to installing or loading anything off the card, just what you're supposed to be able to do with the G2 maps. Maybe I overlooked something but there was no Fish Eye 3D, no added detail to the fishing charts etc... as per what it says is possible in the manual.

I didn't check the South Island maps as I'm in the north but maybe I'll put that on the card and see if its any different, thanks again anyway!

Thanks

hi in your plotter make the detail set to max and you need to pay for birds eye etc. but anyway the fish eye means you just keep moving the curser till your under water shows it all lol great stuff wish i had a g2 plotter now the north island one is the same as the south island maps. just do as i said in my later post and you will be honky dory, there are G2 maps and then there is G2 vision maps the ones i have are G2 vision maps. whats on this site is the G2 vision maps
    go to page 17 it shows you what to do on there to get fish eye 3d. the maps i have uploaded for ppl to download are G2 vision maps ok

Thanks

Thanks BCpacific found everything on the 551s under charts, thought fisheye 3D would have more to do with the Sonar menu! Looking forward to getting out on the water once this storm has passed, thanks again.

Thanks

• ShaunQ hi can you check your PM box please sent ya a private message thanks
    a simple no would have helped dude......but ya get that from people eh.
    Last edited by BCpacific_user; 13th July 2011 at 11:18.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 3rd October 2011, 00:40
  2. 10th August 2011, 01:16
  3. 4th August 2011, 04:24
  4. 7th June 2011, 21:20