Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon 450/450T

Thanks

"can't unlock maps" after crash

Hi there!

I was using my Garmin Oregon 450 with the US CitiNavigator 2010 for 4 months now without a problem. I loaded the unlocked image from a link I got in this forum.

A few days ago, when routing to a destination using that map, the Oregon crashed. I had to take out the batteries to restart it. Afterwards, the Oregon shows the message "can´t unlock maps" when starting the device and the US citinav map isn´t displayed anymore. I copied the file from SD to internal memory and stuff like that to be sure the memory card is working, but that wasn´t the cause. All other maps still work fine, though. A firmware downgrade to 3.3 didn´t help either.

Anyone any ideas what could be wrong?

Kind regards,
    arwaperso

Thanks

Re: "can't unlock maps" after crash

Well, tried the 2011 unlocked image and that one works like a charm...weird, though.

Thanks

Can't Unlock Maps????

Just got an Oregon 450, and picked up the US Topo 24k Northeast maps on DVD to load on to it. The catch is, after I transfer the map to the unit from my mac, the unit says "Can't Unlock Maps." Does anyone have any ideas? This is infuriating me, as basecamp says that the map is unlocked.

**EDIT**

Figured it out... after I'd posted of course. I had another map lumped in with the topo, and it's unlock code was messing with things...
    Last edited by hockeygeek; 31st July 2010 at 23:48.

khilly is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Foreign firmware

Where I could find oregon 450 firmware in language other than English?
    I'm Indonesian, and I just bought Oregon 450 last Black Friday via online.
    They don't sell those in my country officially.
    The bottom line is I want to experiment a little...

giuseppe66 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Foreign firmware

Quote Originally Posted by khilly View Post
    Where I could find oregon 450 firmware in language other than English?
    I'm Indonesian, and I just bought Oregon 450 last Black Friday via online.
    They don't sell those in my country officially.
    The bottom line is I want to experiment a little...
    Yes it's possible. You must open rgn file (firmware) with a program and cange voice files. Ask to PouchX poland site (google) and they help to you

Thanks

3d for oregon 450?

sorry if this is covered somewhere, but i have been looking and reading lots. i am a new owner of a garmin Oregon 450 and i have Canada topo v4 on it where i can see 3d elevation features on with basemap- but once load3ed into Oregon, i can not see 3d? anyone know?

Thanks

GPSMAP 62S / OREGON 450 differences ?

Good evening, noob post alert.

I'm considering buying myself a GPS unit. Main uses will be plotting trails I've cycled on my mountainbike & mountain navigation. What are the differences between the two units in the title ? None of the stockists I've visited have first hand experience of either unit & resort to reading the spec from the boxes.

Assistance much appreciated. TIA Dave.

Hirvitie is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: GPSMAP 62S / OREGON 450 differences ?

No difference! Only screen idea is various. Compare old fashion keyboard phone and new sencor screen gadget in use AND GO!
    Last edited by Hirvitie; 3rd February 2011 at 21:09. Reason: Orfo

clutchy is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: GPSMAP 62S / OREGON 450 differences ?

Well there are a few differences, but they are very similar.

The obvious difference is the interface, the Oregon being a touch screen and the 62s hard buttons.
    The 62 has a smaller screen and lower resolution. The 62 also lacks the ability to do Wherigo geocaches (if thats something you even care about).
    It is debatable, but the commonly held belief is that the quad-helix antenna of the 62 series should get better reception in heavily treed/low sightline areas than the ceramic patch antenna of the Oregon series.

peniko is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Oregon 450

Sorry for opening a new topic, but I have an urgent question. My friend is returning from USA to Serbia tomorrow. So I have to tell him whether to buy Garmin Oregon 450, a hiking GPA device, or not. So my question is, can I upload car maps like City Navigator Europe to it, because, if I can't, this device will be useless to me, so he won't buy it? I suppose it can only support topo maps or something. Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 7th January 2012, 17:50