Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon 450/450T

milanv is offline Private
    Thanks

re: Oregon 450/450T

I am from Serbia and I have oregon 450. Everything working fine.

peniko is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

You mean You can install SCG, Adria Route and City navigator Europe? I'm glad to hear this. Pivo za mustuluk

milanv is offline Private
    Thanks

You are correct. I have all these 3 maps in my oregon:SCG 2.30NT, AdriaRoute 3.20NT, CN Europe NT 2011.40 and topo map for Belgrade with Avala. All those maps work fine. If you plan to use birdseye maps maybe you should do subscription in USA (maybe it is easier).

Thanks

Milane, I finally got the device and I have a problem. Installed Adria and Europe maps, but the device just w'ont route. When I go to the map browser, everything looks fine, when I enter the address, everithing fine... But when it should start to render a route from one point to another, it gives me the straight line. Any help for this?

TCIII is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Go to settings and scroll down to "Routing " and choose "On Road For Time"........It's probably set for off road

See if that is your problem
    Last edited by TCIII; 2nd March 2011 at 19:02.

Thanks

Thanks man. That solved the problem. I forgot that this is primarily off-road device. Thanks again

TCIII is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Glad I could help.....

reegster is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: GPSMAP 62S / OREGON 450 differences ?

Get the newest one my friend better software updates etc

Thanks

Use micro SD?

OK- this is probably an easy one, please don't flame as i have searched many times and can't seem to make heads or tails of a lot of the stuff in this forum. I have a garmin Oregon 450 with a 8gb micro sd in it and i cant load anything onto it. i load maps onto the until via mapsource and then it tops out. How can i utilize the extra storage on the sd card?

tjpros is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Use micro SD?

My friend, its best to load maps using a Memory Card Read-Writer....its much quicker, as loading large maps through USB synchronization takes the better part of a year. The thing is that you need to generate the GMAPSUPP.IMG (image file) for the map, and cut and paste it in a folder on the root directory of the SD card, which is called Garmin (i.e. SD Card:/Garmin). To get the GMAPSUPP.IMG, read through the Garmin Tutorials section, where there are a couple of guides which explain how it works.

Subsequent maps should be renamed GMAPSUPP1, GMAPSUPP2 etc. In actual fact, you can probably get away with just ensuring the map file is an .IMG file, and calling it whatever you want (i.e. EU City Navigator.IMG).

Once you have learned to work around Mapsource, with regards to loading maps on to your Micro SD directly, you will find it much faster and easier to make use of your device. Just to reiterate:

1) Choose what maps to use and generate gmapsupp.IMG files of them (look in Tutorials section). Remember to use unlocked IMG files, or generate .UNL files to accompany your maps using Jetmouse (again, look in Tutorials....easy pictures guide there).
    2) Use a SD Card Read-Writer, and put your memory card in it.
    3) Make a folder called Garmin in the root directory of the card (SD/Garmin)
    4) Cut and paste your .img files, each with different file names, but ALL having .IMG file extension.
    5) Ensure that any unlock files (.UNL) are in place in the Garmin folder.
    6) Replace the card in the device and if you have followed these procedures correctly, all should be well and you will have map sets.

You can fill up your Micro SD card to its hearts content.
    Last edited by tjpros; 26th March 2011 at 19:31.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 7th January 2012, 17:50