Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nüvi 3490LMT

Thanks

nüvi 3490LMT

Sorry if this question has already been asked.

I am considering to get me one of those Nüvi 3490LMT. I live in Norway but I am planning to use it on my road trip in USA. Is it possible to hack/crack the device so I can delete the Western European maps on it, in order to put North American maps on it? When I come back, I wish to restore the device with the Western European maps on it.

wally1 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Re: Newbie question: Nüvi 3490LMT

Quote Originally Posted by nyegymsko View Post
    Sorry if this question has already been asked.

I am considering to get me one of those Nüvi 3490LMT. I live in Norway but I am planning to use it on my road trip in USA. Is it possible to hack/crack the device so I can delete the Western European maps on it, in order to put North American maps on it? When I come back, I wish to restore the device with the Western European maps on it.
    Hi nyegymsko

The best way to use USA map are on an SDCard, please see specs for your Nuvi from the link below

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=97509

Also the easiest way to do it is to download an unlocked map image from the link below on your SDCard create a folder called garmin and drop the image in there, also in the garmin folder create another folder called JCV and put the JCV image in that folder again from the download link below as this will give you a real view of the correct lane to be in when navigating

This way there is no need to delete any maps from your unit

City Navigator North America NT 2012.10

Hope I helped

Kor@l is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,766 Times in 438 Posts

Re: Newbie question: Nüvi 3490LMT

Can update addition files too for this model, 3dmap, use 3790 jcv and ASR/G2S and DB file
    Read here
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...ow-update.html

Thanks

3490 asks for locale, language, and user agreement every time

Everytime I turn on my Garmin 3490 it asks for locale, language, and accept the user agreement. Is this normal? Seems to keep my other settings...but is pretty annoying. Anyone else run into this?

Jim

catymag is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: 3490 asks for locale, language, and user agreement every time

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_lobo View Post
    Everytime I turn on my Garmin 3490 it asks for locale, language, and accept the user agreement. Is this normal? Seems to keep my other settings...but is pretty annoying. Anyone else run into this?

Jim
    Drive and use your nuvi for some miles and it will disappear, if not try an hard reset

6. The Following User Says Thank You to catymag For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi
    I live in Australia and just bought a 3490LMT which comes with Australian map and lifetime map & traffic update. I would like to add South-East-Asia map. Please advise the steps in doing so.
    Thanks in advance.

bam-bam is offline Colonel
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 586 Posts

Thanks

Voice command not available on my gps

NEWBIE: Just bought my first garmin nuvi 3490 here in dubai, but apparently the voice command option is not available in my apps.
    Is there a way that I can activate or install the applications in my device. thanks

Thanks

Please move to new thread.

Having trouble adding a route to a 3490 with Trip Planner. I'd start a new thread but I am a new member and apparently I lack the permissions. Maybe a moderator could move this post to a new thread?

I am trying to export a multi-stop route to my new Garmin GPS so relief drivers at my company can know where they are going. Every day a different route where the driver has to take a specific path.

I just purchased the Nuvi 3490 LMT. I purchased this model because of Garmin's website saying that the model has multi stop route (Trip or Itinerary planner) support.

I installed Basecamp then exported a GPX route file from MapPoint and the route imports to Basecamp great maintaining the route, but when I send it to the attached 3490 device it does not show up in the Route Planner.

I have attempted directly adding the GPX file to the GPX folder on the device, but it is not found under Route planner.

The GPX file is found when brought up saved in the Where to section, but not as a Route only as a collection of Waypoints which is usesless to our company.

I have spent ours attempting to open the device instead with Map Source or to alter the GPX file with GPSBabel and other utilities.

Map Source apparently has better route export functions; cannot see the 3490 even after installing all drivers. There are many forums with similiar problem posts.

smp
    Thanks

Re: Please move to new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by doldenkamp View Post
    Having trouble adding a route to a 3490 with Trip Planner. I'd start a new thread but I am a new member and apparently I lack the permissions. Maybe a moderator could move this post to a new thread?

I am trying to export a multi-stop route to my new Garmin GPS so relief drivers at my company can know where they are going. Every day a different route where the driver has to take a specific path.

I just purchased the Nuvi 3490 LMT. I purchased this model because of Garmin's website saying that the model has multi stop route (Trip or Itinerary planner) support.

I installed Basecamp then exported a GPX route file from MapPoint and the route imports to Basecamp great maintaining the route, but when I send it to the attached 3490 device it does not show up in the Route Planner.

I have attempted directly adding the GPX file to the GPX folder on the device, but it is not found under Route planner.

The GPX file is found when brought up saved in the Where to section, but not as a Route only as a collection of Waypoints which is usesless to our company.

I have spent ours attempting to open the device instead with Map Source or to alter the GPX file with GPSBabel and other utilities.

Map Source apparently has better route export functions; cannot see the 3490 even after installing all drivers. There are many forums with similiar problem posts.
    Please make sure you have the latest version of MapSource installed on your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast