Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: nüvi 350

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Re: Garmin nüvi 350

Quote Originally Posted by GMRO View Post
    Sorry...I finally got all the rar files downloaded. See that map is 1.6gig. 350 only has 1.4g of space. I did remove old map from last year.

I put new 2012.40 map on SD card. I put in 350 and I can not tell IF 350 is seeing this map.

I get NO MAP DATA AVAILABLE when I go into WHERE TO screen. I did try to use FAST IMG UNLOCKER on the 1.6gig file. I reloaded onto SD card. 350 still does same...no map info and no data available when I am in WHERE TO screen.

I only see BASEMAP 2.0 on the load screen when unit is booted up. No other map is shown.

I have file carefully named gmapprom.img.

???
    Seems easy to fix... Looks like the wrong filename on SD !! Must be like this on SD

SD:\garmin\gmapsupp.img (this is the only name and folder that will work on SD for a 350)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

GMRO is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Garmin nüvi 350

Tiger, still could not get the IMG file to work or be seen by 350. BUT ok, I followed the mapsource directions and got a custom map on the internal memory of my 350. ALL's GOOD! I appreciate your help!

FredBird is offline Private
    Thanks

No States in Garmin Nuvi 350

Every time I try to enter an address in my Nuvi 350 it asks me to spell the state.
    As soon as I enter the first letter of the state it goes directly to NO Matches Found.

Does anyone know what file is corrupted or needs to be added/reloaded ?

Thanks

Re: No States in Garmin Nuvi 350

Quote Originally Posted by FredBird View Post
    Every time I try to enter an address in my Nuvi 350 it asks me to spell the state.
    As soon as I enter the first letter of the state it goes directly to NO Matches Found.

Does anyone know what file is corrupted or needs to be added/reloaded ?
    Sounds like the map file itself could be bad. that would be either gmapprom.img or gmapsupp.img

Where did you get the map you are using? Can you see street detail? can you search for POI's ok?

one possibility...
    If that map originated someplace as an IMG file and then was later split and converted to mapsource input files, and mapsource then used to create the IMG you are using in your gps ... that could be your problem. The conversion of a gps IMG file to mapsource strips some data from the original map that causes searches to not work correctly in a gps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The map that I am using has been in the Nuvi for around a year it is CNNA 2011.3 and was working fine until about a week ago.
    As I travel I can see all of the details that have always been there.
    Yes - I can search for POI's and they are returned.

Seems that the only problem is when It shows where to and I select Address it used to show the state that I am in
    now it asks for me to spell state and as soon as I hit the 1st leter it immediately goes to No Matches Found

Thanks

The map that I am using has been in the Nuvi for around a year it is CNNA 2011.3 and was working fine until about a week ago.
    As I travel I can see all of the details that have always been there.
    Yes - I can search for POI's and they are returned.

Seems that the only problem is when It shows where to and I select Address it used to show the state that I am in
    now it asks for me to spell state and as soon as I hit the 1st leter it immediately goes to No Matches Found
    Ahhh.. That "IS" odd... I assumed the problem appeared following a map update or something you did. So... it was was working and just seemed to stop functionaing correctly out of the blue? Hopefully it's a software or firmware problem which should involve only your map gmapprom.img or your firmware. Both can be easily updated or reloaded.

If it were me I would try a few things but can't guarantee annything.

If you have multiple maps, make sure only NA 2011.3 is selected (multiple map selections DO caues search problems). Good Example is that CN North America and CN South America enabled together breaks searches because they have overlaping areas (the state of Florida and some Islands)

I'd try a hard reset (method should be described in your manual)

See how much free internal memory you have. If your close to being out of internal memory the maps may not load completely.
    you could free up some space by getting rid of things like the trip log or unused voices, unused help, or unused text files, unused pictures or vehicles to free up some memory.

You could check for a firmware update (just to get a fress firmware load). If you have the latest firmware you'll probably have to fall back to an earlier version to get the GPS to update itself and then update again to the latest.

You could reload the map... copy the file gmapprom.img (your map) to a PC, delete it from the GPS and then copy it back to the garmin folder of the GPS.

You could also download CNNA 2012.4 (unlocked IMG) and replace/update the map in your GPS (or at least try it first on an SD card). Perhaps your map file has somehow gotten corrupted.

A call to garmin tech support may be useful.

Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Ahhh.. That "IS" odd... I assumed the problem appeared following a map update or something you did. So... it was was working and just seemed to stop functionaing correctly out of the blue? Hopefully it's a software or firmware problem which should involve only your map gmapprom.img or your firmware. Both can be easily updated or reloaded.

If it were me I would try a few things but can't guarantee annything.

If you have multiple maps, make sure only NA 2011.3 is selected (multiple map selections DO caues search problems). Good Example is that CN North America and CN South America enabled together breaks searches because they have overlaping areas (the state of Florida and some Islands)

I'd try a hard reset (method should be described in your manual)

See how much free internal memory you have. If your close to being out of internal memory the maps may not load completely.
    you could free up some space by getting rid of things like the trip log or unused voices, unused help, or unused text files, unused pictures or vehicles to free up some memory.

You could check for a firmware update (just to get a fress firmware load). If you have the latest firmware you'll probably have to fall back to an earlier version to get the GPS to update itself and then update again to the latest.

You could reload the map... copy the file gmapprom.img (your map) to a PC, delete it from the GPS and then copy it back to the garmin folder of the GPS.

You could also download CNNA 2012.4 (unlocked IMG) and replace/update the map in your GPS (or at least try it first on an SD card). Perhaps your map file has somehow gotten corrupted.

A call to garmin tech support may be useful.

Good luck!
    Tiger,
    Thank You for your replies - finally got it fixed, I found and reinstalled the 2011.31 North America map that I had saved on my external HD.
    I downloaded the CNNA 2012.3 and the CNNA 2012.4 maps (unlocked) files and unpacked them and loaded them to the Nuvi 350
    named as gmapprom.img but nether one would work.
    It kept saying No Map Data Found - What would be the solution for this ? It would be nice to have one of the latest maps.

Thanks

Page Not Found

I Posted a question and it got moved into the garmin model listing (Nuvi 350) now when I try to view my post I get Page Not Found.
    I was able to view it earlier today ? It is on page 2 - I can get to page 1 but not page 2.
    Just thought that I would let you guys know.

Thanks

Tiger,
    Thank You for your replies - finally got it fixed, I found and reinstalled the 2011.31 North America map that I had saved on my external HD.
    I downloaded the CNNA 2012.3 and the CNNA 2012.4 maps (unlocked) files and unpacked them and loaded them to the Nuvi 350
    named as gmapprom.img but nether one would work.
    It kept saying No Map Data Found - What would be the solution for this ? It would be nice to have one of the latest maps.
    Both the 2012.3 and 2012.4 should have worked just fine. For some reason your GPS did not see them at boot time. That's why you got "No map Data Found"

It's hard to imagine you downloaded 2 unlocked IMG files that appear to not work. I suspect something else.
    Assuming the IMG files were ok, I can only think of 2 reasons those maps didn't work for you.

1. The IMG file was not copied in the right location in the GPS. It MUST be in the Garmin folder on a 350

2. The file was named wrong and you didn't realize it. In your 350 your maps can be named either "gmapprom.img" OR "gmapsupp.img" and they will work if they are in the Garmin folder.

Depending on your windows explorer settings It's very easy on a windows system to inadvertently get the file rename wrong during a rename.
    There is a setting called something like "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" that should NOT be checked but may be the default setting.
    A common problem (especially on Vista and other Windows O/S)

Example...
    If you start with a downloaded file named "gmapsupp.img" and during the rename to "gmapprom.img" If you enter the full name "gmapprom.img" in the rename box you can end up with the file actually being named "gmapprom.img.img" because windows already has the IMG extension and automatically adds it. The GPS will not recognize it as a map file.

This is easily checked for... After renaming the file, right-click the file it and choose "properties". Windows will reveal the name that it is using.

Thanks

Nuvi 350 - truck routing problem

I have a Nuvi 350, City Navigator NT 2009, software version 5.20, when I try to calculate a route for truck option longer than 1400km, (ex.:from Romania to Spain (or to London) with truck option), I receive "Unable to calculate Route:Not enough memory".
    What combination of soft and map I need to resolve this issue with truck routing ? Is this an error specific to Nuvi 350/360 ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast