Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: nüvi 350

ukbill is offline Private
    Thanks

cant see maps

hi i have copy and pasted the map file into my sd card i have formatted it to fat32 and renamed it gmapsupp.img but my sat nav cant see it i have a garmin 350europe any advice plz i also had it in there under map i have tried it as gmapprom but still nothing and i have also removed the original map but still nothing i have reinstalled the original i have rad through the tutorial but i cant see anything im doing wrong this map was a unlocked map
    help plz

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Re: cant see maps

Quote Originally Posted by ukbill View Post
    hi i have copy and pasted the map file into my sd card i have formatted it to fat32 and renamed it gmapsupp.img but my sat nav cant see it i have a garmin 350europe any advice plz i also had it in there under map i have tried it as gmapprom but still nothing and i have also removed the original map but still nothing i have reinstalled the original i have rad through the tutorial but i cant see anything im doing wrong this map was a unlocked map
    help plz
    Read this post... Your 350 can't load a map larger than 2 gig. I suspect your problem might be that you are trying to use the large European map (larger than 2g).

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...tml#post129187

Also: for a 350... the map on SD "must" be saves as
    sd:\garmin\gmapaupp.img
    no other map name or folder name is recognized by your device on an SD card.

If your gmapsupp.img larger than 2g, there are smaller version posted in the European map section.
    Last edited by Tiger; 1st April 2012 at 14:09.

FredBird is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: No States in Garmin Nuvi 350

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Both the 2012.3 and 2012.4 should have worked just fine. For some reason your GPS did not see them at boot time. That's why you got "No map Data Found"

It's hard to imagine you downloaded 2 unlocked IMG files that appear to not work. I suspect something else.
    Assuming the IMG files were ok, I can only think of 2 reasons those maps didn't work for you.

1. The IMG file was not copied in the right location in the GPS. It MUST be in the Garmin folder on a 350

2. The file was named wrong and you didn't realize it. In your 350 your maps can be named either "gmapprom.img" OR "gmapsupp.img" and they will work if they are in the Garmin folder.

Depending on your windows explorer settings It's very easy on a windows system to inadvertently get the file rename wrong during a rename.
    There is a setting called something like "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" that should NOT be checked but may be the default setting.
    A common problem (especially on Vista and other Windows O/S)

Example...
    If you start with a downloaded file named "gmapsupp.img" and during the rename to "gmapprom.img" If you enter the full name "gmapprom.img" in the rename box you can end up with the file actually being named "gmapprom.img.img" because windows already has the IMG extension and automatically adds it. The GPS will not recognize it as a map file.

This is easily checked for... After renaming the file, right-click the file it and choose "properties". Windows will reveal the name that it is using.
    I finally got the City Navigator North America 2012.40 UL map to work in my Nuvi 350
    I must have had a corrupt downloaded file - I deleted all of the previously downloaded files and downloaded them again and now it works.

Thank You for the help !

Thanks

Re: Garmin nüvi 350

Guys can you pls help me.
    I downloaded PH CN.rar (Philippines City Navigator) on my NUVI 350 a while ago.
    what i did is i changed the "PH CN.img" to "GMAPSUPP.IMG". My nuvi 350 did not recognize the map.
    Everytime I insert my SD card to my Nuvi it says "Details maps Don't Support Routing"
    What should i do? I already deleted my previous map. my nuvi came from US. I want to change the map from USA to Philippines.
    but it doesn't work. Can you please help me guys. ((

bjjfc is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,368 Times in 355 Posts

@ramdiaz026
    try redownload again from City Navigator Philippines NT 2011.40, use unlocked image version. ignore jcv as your unit didnt support jcv.
    read How to Update Maps on your Device for map installation

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bjjfc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjjfc View Post
    @ramdiaz026
    try redownload again from City Navigator Philippines NT 2011.40, use unlocked image version. ignore jcv as your unit didnt support jcv.
    read How to Update Maps on your Device for map installation

---sir, i already downloaded the file named as "typeA" or the "Philippines Map 2011.40 updater. I open the file, Connect my Garmin Nuvi 350 the I accept the term of the license agreement. I click "next" then the file says "CAN'T FIND UNLOCK RECORD"
    --what will i do? i'm not a techy person. Im not familiar with the GPS. I want to resolve the problem of my GPS coz i will give it to my dad. sorry for the disturbance.
    --I accidentally erased the pre-loaded map on my nuvi 350. so every time I open it, All i can see is a compass. I cant see maps. (( please help.

Thanks

I need help. I downloaded an unlocked IMG file for the 2013.03 North America Map. I was able to add this to an SD card and install it on my Nuvi 260w perfectly, I also have a Nuvi 350 I'm trying to do the same. I have downloaded the latest software from Garmin, I have the SD card in FAT32 format. I used the same file that's working on my 260w. it's in a folder SD:garmin\gmapsupp.img I can't get the 350 to see the map. It's 1.79GB, so it's not over the 2GB limit that I've read about, The SD card is a 2GB card... any ideas? There's 1.87GB of total memory on the unit, I'm not sure what all I can delete from the unit itself to try and replace the existing map... the map on the unit is only 1GB. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Can I Retrieve "saved" destinations via USB-computer connection ???

I have an older nUvi 350 that has a non working screen ... I pulled it apart, and hooked the motherboard to my computer, and everything is there. I have since ordered a new 2595 and would like to transfer some of my "saved" locations to the new unit. Is the a file containing that information that I could extract & transfer to the new unit ??? Or, is there any other way to accomplish this task ???

thanx ... ... ...

<<<__ Bøb __>>>

Thanks

Need to RESTORE .. not simply RESET an old nUvi 350 .. any help ???

I have been handed a used nUvi 350 that, for some reason has had many of the original files removed ... any idea where I might find a complete image of everything that should be on this unit in order to restore it to full factory new condition ???

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Re: Need to RESTORE .. not simply RESET an old nUvi 350 .. any help ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bøb View Post
    I have been handed a used nUvi 350 that, for some reason has had many of the original files removed ... any idea where I might find a complete image of everything that should be on this unit in order to restore it to full factory new condition ???
    If you attach it to your PC and run the Garmin WebUpdater you should be able to restore everything (all up to date) except for the pre installed map.

The problem you will ALWAYS run into is that the 350 has far to little internal memory so save the latest maps as the've grown so large.
    If you already have a pre installed map (garmin/gmapprom.img) I would suggest just leaving it alone and get a cheap 4gig SD Card for the new map. You can download the FULL UNLOCKED version of CNNANT 2014.1 (about 1.9 gig) from links on this site. Copy it to an SD as
    SD:/Garmin/gmapsupp.img <<<< your map, the only file you will need
    and you'll have an up to date unit.

With a 4gig card you'll have space for future map updates.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast