GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: nüvi 760

kurjajuur is offline Private
    Thanks

nüvi 760

Can anyone explain how to add new maps to the Garmin nvi 760.
    Because I am a beginner in this area I would like to get a detailed description.

Thanks

Re: How to add maps Garmin nvi 760

There are quite a few ways of doing it. You need to give us more information about what you're starting with (if its the mapsource software, the map file, or an unlocked map file). We also need to know if your unit takes an SD Card. From there we will be able to guide you to success

wally1 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Hi kurjajuur
    As long as you always keep the original gmapprom image on the nuvi I would sugest first load your map image as gmapsupp into either your nuvi or onto an sd card then if its a new card create a folder called garmin and place your unlocked image map
    into folder restart your nuvi go to Tools (the little spanner) then settings (again the little spanner) then map then map info and you should see your new map there if its the same map as thats on the nuvi but an updated one deselect your old one and start
    using your new map or if its another country just leave it ready for use

kurjajuur is offline Private
    Thanks

I use the SD card. I also have all the cards. Since Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovakia are not perfect, and only contain the main road. I would like to add the perfect addition to the maps.
    I tried to change the names of the parts of the maps gmapsup1 and gmapsup2 but nuvi find only the map named gmapsupp.
    I do not have optional MapSource software.
    I have a unloked map file.

wally1 is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kurjajuur View Post
    I use the SD card. I also have all the cards. Since Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovakia are not perfect, and only contain the main road. I would like to add the perfect addition to the maps.
    I tried to change the names of the parts of the maps gmapsup1 and gmapsup2 but nuvi find only the map named gmapsupp.
    I do not have optional MapSource software.
    I have a unloked map file.
    Hi Kurjajuur

Your main map should be called gmapprom and then each map image after that should be as you said gmapsupp gmapsup1 gmapsup2
    so if you dont have a gmapprom maybe try renaming the map that you want to use to gmapprom your nuvi may well then see it
    If you have three map images in your nuvi make a folder called Temp and put all the images in there then try moving each out of the folder into
    your garmin folder in your nuvi 1 at a time to see which map works, if the main 1 you want to work is named gmapsupp rename it to gmapprom
    then the others will be gmapsupp gmapsup1 also if you have not used MapSource to chop your maps maybe your nuvi do's not see the image anymore,
    there are tutorials out there explaining how to load unlocked images into MapSource but they are not easy to do but they work
    Last edited by wally1; 12th May 2010 at 13:15.

Thanks

Nuvi 760 warranty replacement

Hi All
    Great to see this forum up and working again. I have had my 760 replaced under warranty and now when i install my maps on SD card the unit comes up with cannot unlock maps how do i get them to work.
    I have tried to burn new maps with Mapsourse.
    Regards
    Doug

HaTeVe is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Nuvi 760 warranty replacement

You have a "new" device so your device-id changed therefore you have to enter new unlock codes in Mapsource before you load them on to your device.

Thanks

Hi HaTeVe
    Thanks for that I should have thought of it but didn't I was also entering the serial number of the GPS instead of the ID number.
    Regards
    Doug

Thanks

Garmin has different replacement warranty. We have to register new machine ID for support in Taiwan. So why not call to Garmin for customer support?

Sentosa is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Hi there

Have been following this thread as I am trying to do the same asKurjajuur. Have a Nuvi 660 and am trying to put on Europe, UK and Ireland. Have followed the instructions and have gmapprom (main map) on the nuvi and on the SD card I have gmapsupp, gmapsupp1 etc, etc. However the nuvi only sees gmapsupp.

Am I doing something wrong or what? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast