GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Edge 705

Thanks

Edge 705

I am looking at purchasing a Garmin Edge 705 without the NA map option ... as it cost an additional $100. Is there a NA map available that is compatible with the unit .... which allows "back to start/destination function".... allowing the cyclist to retrace his/her route back from the start? I've downloaded and updated my NA and Europe maps on my Nuvi 370. I've decided to test the NA map on a fellow cyclist's Edge 705. It seems to work where it was able to display the map correctly ... however it is missing the "back to start function".

Anyone has any suggestion on a map that is fully compatible with the 705? I would hate spending another $100 on the map as the 705 is already quite pricey as it is.

Thanks

brocot is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Garmin Edge 705

Where can i find maps for the "Garmin Edge 705"
    Or can i use the same maps as for other devices.

thank You

PRD
    Thanks

Re: Garmin Edge 705

Garmin Edge 705

I've got an Edge 705 since one year with the topo map benelux and until last week all was working find, but last week, I tried to install the city navigator 2011 map without success. Than I decided to delete the useless files and put back the original files back in the device. But from than, I could not see any map on the device, it's said that the map couldn't not be unlock and it seem that I delete some needed files also.
    If somebody could help me on this case I will appreciate. I would like to know what can files I need in the device. I attached a picture of three structure for better understanding.
    Edge 705-three-structure.jpg
    I hope that someone will have a solution, thanks in advance.

character is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Garmin Edge 705

any updates for the device? I mean how to download maps to it ?