GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nüvi 215

frederic is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

nüvi 215

I just bought Garmin Nuvi 215 with preloaded Balkan Maps(Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, Croatia ect.). Can someone tell me how to update or install new maps with SD card or PC. I found on the net City Navigator Europe NT, can I install this program on my navigator and HOW? What about the POI,how can I do it?

imlright is offline Banned
    Thanks

Re: Garmin Nuvi 215 updates?

This should work for your 215

for using a map from the SD card just rename the new map to gmapsupp.img then select that file from your unit

Thanks

I have downloaded City Navigator Europe NT 2011.10, and there are 8 zipped files, what should I do? I bought a new micro SD 4gb card, and made a garmin folder, and made copy "gmapsupp.img" to SDCard -> folder garmin. What else? Sorry I'm a beginner in this field. Will I lose the original maps and actualization of the maps from the original software? Thank you.

Tiger is offline Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frederic View Post
    I have downloaded City Navigator Europe NT 2011.10, and there are 8 zipped files, what should I do? I bought a new micro SD 4gb card, and made a garmin folder, and made copy "gmapsupp.img" to SDCard -> folder garmin. What else? Sorry I'm a beginner in this field. Will I lose the original maps and actualization of the maps from the original software? Thank you.
    Frederic,

I assume you downlaoded an "unlocked" IMG file. The 8 zipped OR rar files you downloaded are part of a "split archive" and if you extract the Part-01 (or whatever it's called), the archive tool will automatically unpack and rejoin all the parts for you. You should end up with one large file (over a gig) named either gmapprom.img or gmapsupp.img

If it is called gmapprom.img simply rename it to gmapsupp.img and then copy (drag & drop) it to the garmin folder of your SD card and you should have your maps. That gmapsupp.img file contains all of the maps including all of the built in POI's. You should not have to do anything else.

Thanks

Dear Tiger,

I did what you have told me, I start copying the file to the micro SD card, but right on the end it says not enough space on the card. The file is around 3GB, and the card is 4GB, how is that possible?What should I do?

Andy1 is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

Dear Tiger,

I did what you have told me, I start copying the file to the micro SD card, but right on the end it says not enough space on the card. The file is around 3GB, and the card is 4GB, how is that possible?What should I do?
    All files have a 2Gb limit

regards

A

Thanks

Dear Tiger,

All files have a 2Gb limit

regards

A

Thanks

Andy, I downloaded City Navigator NT 2011.10 and it's in rar in 8 different parts, and in properties it says 3 GB file. So can I fit this file on my micro SD 4GB card or not?

Thanks

The IMG file should be under 2Gb in size.
    Have you downloaded the mapsource version that needs to be installed rather than copied?

regards

A

Thanks

Dear Andy1,
    I did what you told me, I unpacked the zipped files and everything with the install was fine.But I couldn't find any gmapprom.img or gmapsupp.img file. It has a folder City Navigator Europe NT .gmap , some other .msi files and some cab files. Tryed to copy the whole unpacked file, but after that I couldn't find it on the device. What's wrong? I downloaded the City Navigator from GPS Underground in 9 parts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast