11th October 2014, 00:13
Garmin Nuvi 3597 Not Being Recognized by Windows 8 SOLVED
Just in case anyone has had the problem that the Garmin Nuvi 3597 is Not Being Recognized by Windows 8.
1) On the NUVI, choose View Map
2) Select the Speed Icon on the screen. You'll get to the screen with the speed and time data and a see a semicircle at the top middle of the screen with the current speed and direction being shown.
3) Touch the semicircle for about 10 seconds and you'll be presented with the Developer Settings
4) Scroll down to MTP Settings
5) Select Mass Storage
6) Come back out to the top screen
7) Open up Windows Device Manager
8) Select PC at the very top of Device Manager
9) In the Menu Bar select Action
10) Select Add Legacy Hardware
11) The Hardware Wizard cranks up, select Next
12) Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)".
13) Select GARMIN Devices
14) Select Garmin USB Version 2.2 or 2.3 ( I chose 2.3)
15) The Legacy Driver is installed and if you're lucky your Nuvi will be found
You may want to try installing the Legacy Driver before going into the MTP mode on your Garmin.
Tags for this Thread