GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Oregon 400/400T

Thanks

Oregon 400/400T

I unlocked the canadian g2 bluecharts. They are not showing the depths or spot soundings i believe they call them. Homeport picks them up and my gpsmaps 520 does as well. Anyone have this device and know how to get the depths to display? Spot soundings are on, and I've played with profiles and that doesn't change a thing. Zooming as well doesn't bring them up.

timp4411 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Oregon 400

I Have a problem with the way the g2 "Vision" charts display on my Oregon 400.

I have both an Oregon 400 and a 76CSx. The g2 Vision charts display fine on my 76CSx but on the Oregon 400 I see the Satelllite View wherever it it is availabel within the g2 Vison charts. If I take the detail leverl down to Less or Least, the diaplay shows up as a normal chart. But otherwise, when I go back up to the Normal or above detail level, I get the satellite picture again.

I tried a different g2 vision charts and it was the same results. It was fine on the 76CSx but not on the Oregon 400.

Since these charts were obtained in a less than proper method, I hesitate to report this to Garmin, but it obviously a problem with the Oregon 400 firmware/software. I tried going several different firmware versions, 3.82beta, 3.80, 3.60 all with the same results.

I am disappointed as the g2 vision charts do definately display more info, including street names on the charts. But with the satellite view, it renders the chart useless for any real navigation.

Has anyone else had this experience with their units?

Acoording to Garmin, the 76CSx and Oregon 400 units are "Compatible" wiht the Vison charts, but not all the feature are available. Well.... I wish the satellite view wasn't available w=either.

Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks

My Oregon 400t tuns off after connecting to PC

Hi all,

I have a problem, when I connect my Oregon 400t to computer, Oregon turns off. Even when I switch it on again -> it turns off again. I can use the Oregon without any problem, I can take out the card and manage it through computer and everytinhg works. I simply cannot connect Oregon to PC.

Do you think, that I can try something, or it needs to be repaired in specialized shop? Do you think it will be a expensive repairment?

Thanks for ideas ...

fipo

Stingingfork is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: My Oregon 400t tuns off after connecting to PC

I have a similar problem in reverse. My Oregon 550T will boot up when connected to the PC but won't power up manually once I disconnect from the PC. This started after doing my first software update.

Tiger is offline Colonel
    Thanks

Re: My Oregon 400t tuns off after connecting to PC

Quote Originally Posted by Stingingfork View Post
    I have a similar problem in reverse. My Oregon 550T will boot up when connected to the PC but won't power up manually once I disconnect from the PC. This started after doing my first software update.
    It sounds like possibly a low battery situation