Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GPSMAP 60CS/60CSx

Thanks

Re: Garmin 60csx map not tracking

After having read the instructions with a little more care I think that I have solved my dilemma.
    I thought that by just going into the track menu, selecting a saved track, and selecting "backtrack" that the gps would navigate from the current lat and long to the track and then backtrack. I didn't realize that you had to move the curser to a point on the track and then press enter in order for the navigation to start.

Roquen is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Question Handheld Garmin 60CSX - what to look for?

Hello everyone,

Like most here, I´ve looked into carnav´s and how to update them. But now a friend asks me to update his handheld Garmin 60CSX and I realize that it is not at all the same type of maps etc. to look for as the carnavs.

I am looking for updated maps of Sweden/Scandinavia (Northern Europe) - what type of map should I look for. Any need for Software update? Any tips where I should look?

I´ve browsed through and gotten some hints, but nothing for sure - so asking the experts... you!

So, any help would be excellent!

Thank you in advance and enjoy your morning/day/afternoon or night wherever you are!

Cheers!

hcxx is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Handheld Garmin 60CSX - what to look for?

I just got myself a new GPSmap 60CSx navigator. I'm trying to install new Bluechart map, but I cant get it working.

I'm trying to install BlueChart g2 - HEU050R map. I made a new folder maps to sd card and puted HXEU050R.img to in it. but when I go Setup - map - map setup - information, then there is only one map listed. International Marine point basemap jan 2001.

How can I install new maps into it ?

Thanks

I just got myself a new GPSmap 60CSx navigator. I'm trying to install new Bluechart map, but I cant get it working.

I'm trying to install BlueChart g2 - HEU050R map. I made a new folder maps to sd card and puted HXEU050R.img to in it. but when I go Setup - map - map setup - information, then there is only one map listed. International Marine point basemap jan 2001.

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcxx View Post

I dont have that model but try using a "garmin" folder rather than a "maps" folder.

Also, if that model does support a "maps" folder it is usually named "Map" with a capital M

Thanks

Thank you for quick replay. I tryed all the combinations ( map. Map, maps, Maps, garmin, Garmin ) but still dident get it working :/. sdcard is formated fat file system.

-- EDIT --

I think I got it working now. I needed to put map in

Garmin/gmapsupp.img and now I can see the map in setup menu.
    Last edited by hcxx; 8th July 2012 at 15:10.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hcxx For This Useful Post:

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcxx View Post
    Thank you for quick replay. I tryed all the combinations ( map. Map, maps, Maps, garmin, Garmin ) but still dident get it working :/. sdcard is formated fat file system.

-- EDIT --

I think I got it working now. I needed to put map in

Garmin/gmapsupp.img and now I can see the map in setup menu.
    you got it !!!

Roquen is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

UPDATE!

I finally found the maps IMG-files that I needed (Friluftskartan v3), got them activated and found myself having the same problem as hcxx with enabling them.

However, it seems like I cannot have the whole of Sweden enabled at all times since it is divided into four different .IMG-files. And since the active map needs to be named "Garmin/gmapsupp.img" - it is a pain in the a** when moving around in the areas between two zones. But, I guess my friend have to live with it and learn how to rename via his computer.

Anyway, thank you for your time and effort!

Cheers

Gnin60secns is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I am having trouble figuring out how to get my original map showing on gpsmap60cx. In back it says Can 210. I looked on the card I played with and put it in but it only shows lakes and another only shows oceans. Funny that I really wanted these...Now if only I could see the roads that lead to the water lol. Any help with this problem would be great. Would start new thread but can't yet so this topic seemed close enough. Sorry

Thanx

theduke308 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Why do I see two firmware version numbers displayed on my 60csx?

I have a gpsmap 62s and love it

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast