GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nüvi 1690/nüLink! 1695

Thanks

nüvi 1690/nüLink! 1695

I'm running both CN Europe 2011 and CN Thailand 10.1 directly from my Nuvi 1690's internal memory. The Europe image is in my system folder as gmapprom.img. The Thailand map is in a folder called map and I have named it thaimap.img with the corresponding unl file. Both maps are functioning perfectly.

Today I have downloaded a Junction view JCV file for the CN Thailand map. The file is called 101ENB.JCV and I have placed it into my Nuvis's JCV folder along with the .JCV file for my CN Europe map. My problem is that when I simulate a route in Thailand every time it should show a junction view the Nuvi crashes. Is it possible to have more than one .JCV file on my unit's memory at the same time? Or can anybody see anything that I've done incorrectly? Thank you.

Thanks

Re: Multiple Junction View Files Possible On Nuvi 1690?

I think you should have thai map with junction view support. The map usually named with year it published, like CN Thai 2009.40. From what you mentioned, I think the thai map that installed on your nuvi doesn't support junction view.

Thanks

Thank you for your response. The Thai map is version 10.1 which I believe has only been out a month or so. When I simulate a route and browse through the turn directions many of the turns have 'junction view' lit up, just like any other map with the junction view facility but any attempt to view the junction view picture results in the Nuvi crashing. You might have a point about it being the incorrect version of the map for that particular junction view file, I think I'll have to experiment to see if two junction view files for two different maps can be used from a Nuvi at the same time.

Thanks

Hi
    European Nuvi and Asian ones have different Firmware.
    If you have JCV Europe working you cannot have Asian JCV and vice versa
    Maps also are different.
    In Asian maps the Junction View is embedded in the *.img file
    In European maps the JCV file is separated.

I suppose you have a Nuvi from Europe.
    You can have several JCV files running properly at least they run on my 765.(JCV USA, Europe, NZ Australia all in the JCV directory)
    For 3D bulding files must have different names.
    As far as I know you cannot run JCV for Asian countries unless you change the firmware and in that case you will lose the JCV for other regions.
    I don't know if a crack is available for the 1690

On my European 765 I can use Thai maps Malaysia Singapore maps but no JCV.

For further information you can search Malfreemaps or Malsingmaps websites with "JCV" as a keyword.

Michel

brliv is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Problem with gamin nuvi 1690

I got this model of garmin, it comes with 4GB internal memory. I tried to put maps in the garmin folder, but when i turn it on... it says no maps avaible. I tried with external card, and it works. But i wanted to use the internal memory. So i dont know in which folder i have to put the maps. Please help

Hirvitie is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Problem with gamin nuvi 1690

Quote Originally Posted by brliv View Post
    I got this model of garmin, it comes with 4GB internal memory. I tried to put maps in the garmin folder, but when i turn it on... it says no maps avaible.
    Put gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img in System folder. Or create in root folder - folder Map and put to that folder gmapsupp.img or xxx.img with any various name...

vette is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Hello, 1st post, be easy on me :)

Well after using TomTom mobile for many years, I finally bought me a brand new , Garmin Nuvi 1690.
    I was very happy using YomTom mobile on my Nokia N95.
    It took me all around Europe, no problems.
    However the prompt in change from TomTom to Garmin is due to the fact, I want to drive much of Africa,starting easy with Morocco, and I believe garmin will be the better navigator.

So ladies and gents, I have heard about Mapsourse, and Tracks for Africa, and base map,
    but how does it all fit together ?

I have a memory slot on the 1690, micro SD, if I am noy mistaken, and and I have both a 2 gig, and a 4 gig micro SD cards.

What should I load onto the card, ?

Or no need, and just load into the memory of the 1698 ?

I am really a dummy to start with.

'vette

sultansaga is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

nüvi 1690

hi bro any one tell me how remove code pin on garmin 1690 thanks

tom1807 is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: garmin nuvi 1690 screen code pin

By going to the same position where you put in the PIN code. Only there its not asking for a PIN code and u can remove it

t560 is offline Private
    Thanks

Smile need help

I have read some posts here but I still do not how to put map into my garmin nuvi 1690 (i donwload map City Navigator Australia And New Zealand NT 2011.20.gmap from one thread). From what I understanding so far, I should use mapsource to load map into GPS, I downloaded a unlocked map, but i do not know how to use it. I can not install official mapsource as it requires a original one. I am using Mapsource 6.16.3 - Patched, which contains an Australia And New Zealand map, but I do not know how to put my map in it.

I probably did it in totally wrong way. I can not find a detailed tutorial teaching how to.
    anyone can help give me a detailed guide(what tools is needed, and how to use)? Much thanks in advance. I am new here, really do not know what is going~~

My situation is I have 2010 map in GPS, not I want to get 2011 map. also My GPS directories is wired , do not like what I see in thread

I do not have any .uni or .img file, all folders and one nuvi_drive.ico...
    and do not like tomtom, there is a no folder called map or something obvious.

thank you all very much for reading a dummy post~~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 6th February 2011, 17:17