Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: nüvi 1390/1390T/1390LMT

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Re: Nuvi 1390T flashing with SG/MY firmware

Quote Originally Posted by preachy View Post
    Greetings. I need some help with my 1390T. I'm trying to update with new maps, but there's not enough memory for the updated GMAPPROM.IMG file. The original is approx 1.1gb, the new one is approx 1.3gb. Are there any files that I can delete to make room?

TIA
    Do you mean there will not be enough room for the 1.3gb img even AFTER the original 1.1gig file is removed? You probably have a junction View (.JCV) out there that may be quite large as well. When you do a map update you must also update the JCV file as well or Junction view will not work. That file is tied to a specific map version.

If that is the case, the best overall solution (in my opinion) would be to leave the original maps and the 1390 alone and get yourself a 4 or 8 gig microSD. That way you would have room for new maps and space for future expansion. It would also allow you room for City Navigator Maps, Junction View (JCV) and even add the City Explorer (Pedestrian option maps) to your device.

As it stands now, the 2 files taking up the space must be the gmapprom.img and the D???????.JCV junction view files. You could delete the .JCV file and probable have room for the new maps at the expense of giving up Junction views.

You "could" safely delete any language voice files you don't use, any language help files and text files you don't use. You could remove any vehicles you don't use but in the grand scheme of things, you will not recover a lot of space by doing.

With even a 2gig microSD I suspect you could put map updates IN the gps and put the Junction view file on SD.

Thanks

Re: Garmin WebUpdater for Windows

Hello! I have Garmin nuvi 1390. I used webupdate and now i can;t see icons... What can I do? I have done a hard reset and nothing.
    Please help!

Thanks

trying to put map on nuvi 1390lmt sd card

I've checked and searched for information on putting a map on a 1390 lmt sd card

I put map directory then changed map name to europe.img and put it in the map directory

It shows up on the nuvi in info but I can't browse the europe map.

I also tried and Israel map the same thing.

appreciate any help with this.

I am new to this

Thank you James

bjjfc is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,324 Times in 354 Posts

Re: trying to put map on nuvi 1390lmt sd card

@jamesbisch
    in view map, zoom out (press -) until you can see the world (basemap), pan/drag the country you want to see to the center of your screen & zoom in
    now you can see the pois/roadnames etc.

Thanks

Re: trying to put map on nuvi 1390lmt sd card

bjjfc Thank you for the help I get into it like you said is complicated but maybe because I am in the US

when trying to look at Europe.

All the best,

James

Thanks

Upgrading maps 2012 30 on nuvi 1390 if possible on the SD card

Guys,

I read this forum (and others) for quite a while now trying to figure out some issues I have with upgrading my nuvi 1390T.
    I own this GPS for quite a while: At first there was the nuvi guarantee (or whatever it is called), the free upgrade you get once, after buying the unit. All went well and (if I remember correctly) I got the 2010.20 or so.
    I am not a big updater so I do it once a year or so.
    The next time (one year after or so) I did it nicely again and everything went smooth getting unlocked maps and loading them instead of the original ones by simply copying.
    Problems started lately, after a firmare upgrade. I suspect the gma protection method although my unit works without having the ...gma file righ now anywhere.
    After that, I did more firmware upgrades hoping to fix another bluetooth issue. But that is another story....
    Last upgrade I have done (to CNNA 2012.10) was a little more complicated: the unit would not recognise the unlocked .img files so I went the long route, installed mapsource, patched it, downloaded maps for mapsource, unlocked it with jetmouse, etc. After all the hassle it finally worked. I got the JVC file too and they all barely fitted onto the internal memory.
    With the latest upgrade, 2012.30 the map was all good but the bigger jvc is huge. So I decided to create my onw selection of maps in mapsource from an unlocked version In mapsource the map shows "not lockable" which I gather is more than "unlocked" since the "unlocked" would allow me to transfer the maps but the gps would tell me "Cannot authenticate maps".
    So after a lot of struggle, using different methods of unlocking and fiddling I was able to transfer as much as I wanted to the gps.
    My goal is now to use the SD card for maps too, since the new map is big and I would like to benefit from the JCV (of 700MB) but I could not get the unit to recognize any map from the SD card. Remember, the maps are unlocked, I can transfer any part or the whole on the unit itself and everythig is alright, but not on the SD card.
    Yes, after studying multiple threads and forums I tried /Map folded on the card, /Garmin folder , different kind of renamings on both the unit and the SD card, renaming all possible ways, gmapsupp. img, renaming the once from the unit , everything with no luck.
    It seems to me that people who are still successful in loading maps and have them recognized on the SD card use an older firmware (at least)
    Don't forget I am able to load the maps directly on my unit they work correctly, it is just that the 1390T only has 2GB and the big JCV file is 700MB. No go for complete CN NA. I don't need to have the whole map, right now I have a selection, small enough so I can fit the big JVC file in the internal memory. FWIW, I consider more important to have a good and picture-like view of the junction than having the map of a forgoten corner of the map.

So my question is:
    Did anybody used the latest firmware (5.8) and got maps visible on the SD card? how?

Does anybody still have a old 3.6 firmware (.gcd) for the 13xx/14xx units? All the filesharing servers are down, garmin server doesn't have it anymore.
    I am now trying to downgrade, update maps and then go back to 5.8 and see if that helps.

I am expecting feedback from people with a 13xx/14xx with an upgraded firmware that were able to get a map to work of the SD card. Or any other pertinent advice.
    (Sorry, I don't want to offend anybody but I have tried the old ways that were working in the past for me too but not anymore)

I started this thread rather than continuing another long one of "how to upgrade" where this particular topic would fit just to keep it simple. Mods are welcome to move it in a different section.

Thanks in advance,

why
    Thanks

is it possible?

i have a nuvi 1390 with the lastest maps on but im wandering if its possible to convert it to a hgv sat nav like you can with the tomtom units

thanks

dohcacr is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Garmin 1390, no maps

I'm not at all familiar with Garmin GPS systems, but a friend tasked me with fixing his 1390LMT. It seems to function ok, except there is no map displayed. If I go to settings/maps/info, I get a blank page. There is no sdcard installed in this garmin. I'm suspecting that on the Garmin 1390, the maps are normally installed on the micro sdcard, and somehow, my friend lost the sdcard. Am I correct in that assumption, or should I be looking for the maps in a different location on the gps?

EDIT:
    I did manage to get it fixed. Since this Garmin is entitled to Lifetime Map Updates, I just downloaded an updated set. It was interesting to note the despite the fact that I installed a 2gb micro sdcard, the updater did not install them on the sd card. That makes it even more of a mystery why the maps spontaneously disappeared from the internal memory. I guess that probably means that there is an intermittent problem with the gps hardware, and I can expect more spontaneous mysteries to develop in the future.
    Last edited by dohcacr; 16th June 2012 at 19:35. Reason: Edit post if is the last one

nffaria is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

help garmindevice.xml 1390t

Hi
    i´m not sure if i put this thread in the right place but i need help, because the webupdater not recognize my device and after update frimware still not recognize.

so i read the webupdater need the file garmindevice.xml, but i don´t this file for the nuvi 1390t.

if you have this device nuvi1390t please you can upload for me?

the directory is inside Garmin folder of your device.

thanks and best regards

nffaria is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: City Navigator Europe NT 2013.10

Hi
    i´m not sure if i put this thread in the right place but i need help, because the webupdater not recognize my device and after update frimware still not recognize.

so i read the webupdater need the file garmindevice.xml, but i don´t this file for the nuvi 1390t.

if you have this device nuvi1390t please you can upload for me?

the directory is inside Garmin folder of your device.

thanks and best regards

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast