GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: nüvi 295W

Thanks

nüvi 295W

I just bought a 295w as I was limited on what I could afford. I really like it except for one problem. When ever I open the browser the unit locks up. I have to do a hard reset to get it to work again. I have talked to garmin several times and and all they tell me is to install the latest update to the os. I did that when I bought it and I am guessing it's corrupt. They say to just use the updater and reinstall it but they have no idea what they are talking about. Every time I try it just says I have the latest version. IS there a file I can remove from the memory to force it to take the update again. Thanks in advance.

debeliamark is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

re: nüvi 295W

You can format the unit like simple flash disk... all be clear ... and install it again ( webupdater or something like ... )... try it - can't be a worse

TCIII is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

re: nüvi 295W

Quote Originally Posted by tatanana View Post
    I just bought a 295w as I was limited on what I could afford. I really like it except for one problem. When ever I open the browser the unit locks up. I have to do a hard reset to get it to work again. I have talked to garmin several times and and all they tell me is to install the latest update to the os. I did that when I bought it and I am guessing it's corrupt. They say to just use the updater and reinstall it but they have no idea what they are talking about. Every time I try it just says I have the latest version. IS there a file I can remove from the memory to force it to take the update again. Thanks in advance.

Try reading web updater again....it usually asks if you want to install it again if you have the latest version

Thanks

Unhappy HELP: Garmin 295W Firmware

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get the original firmware for my Garmin 295W?

I messed it up doing a patch and now it wont save any of the settings and asks for them every time I restart it or unplug it from USB mass storage mode.

Or anyone know how to fix this other that re flashing?

I was fiddling around with it trying to get into pre-boot mode. I touched the battery icon and got into a diagnostics menu, one of the items there was called "Flash Firmware", I touched it, expecting another menu, but no, it went to the progress bar and started flashing.

I later figured out, that there was a file in the device's RemoteSW folder called 006B100800.bin, so that's probably the file it used to flash. And when I remove that file and go through the procedure again, nothing happens.

That file came with the device from the factory, I didn't put it there. I know this because the day I got my 295W, I immediately backed up the contents of the Garmin drive.

Looks like it's for a different HWID, mine has HWID of <PartNumber>006-B0904-07</PartNumber>

This is driving me nuts, it works fine routing wise.

HELP!