Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: nüvi 1300/1300T

clio1 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: Garmin 1300 No Sound

I have just found out that before i got this sat nav the maps where updated, is it possible that some file is now missing for the sound, as it dont even make a sound when punching in the destination either.

Many thanks

Clio1

jono400 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Garmin Nuvi 1300 - how long to charge ?

Anyone any idea how long it would take to fully charge the battery from a Garmin nuvi 1300 using a main wall charger ? also how long likely to get from internal battery before a recharge being required ?

getbent4x4 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1300 - how long to charge ?

I accidently deleted the gmapprom.img on my nuvi1300 while trying to update the map. My points of interests and local info is not working, says "no data". What should i do to restore it or successful update the map?

Tiger is offline Lieutenant Colonel
    Thanks

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1300 - how long to charge ?

Quote Originally Posted by getbent4x4 View Post
    I accidently deleted the gmapprom.img on my nuvi1300 while trying to update the map. My points of interests and local info is not working, says "no data". What should i do to restore it or successful update the map?
    That's normal and what happens whe your detailed maps are deleted. All those POI's are/were part of that map

Just download another gmapprom.img and copy it to the device and it will come back to life. That's what the update is about.
    You can also just download a gmapsupp.img and rename it as gmapprom.img and put it in the gps an it will be fixed.

Thanks

Re: nüvi 1300/1300T

I have a 1300 that I'm trying to update but I cannot find the IMG file on the GPS to delete or replace. I've unhidden all folders and see .System and also checked out the folder "Garmin." I've tried several methods that I've lost count, and now the GPS isn't recognizing a map when I turn it on. The file is still in there I'm sure because it's taking up atleast 1-2GB of space still. I can't just copy and paste the new updated IMG map on it because there's no room.

I know my other option is to use a sdcard for it but I really don't want to steer to that road. Been trying to update this device for two days now and have googled just about all I have, but many of the answers is just telling me to unhide all the folders, and that doesn't do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dood View Post
    I have a 1300 that I'm trying to update but I cannot find the IMG file on the GPS to delete or replace. I've unhidden all folders and see .System and also checked out the folder "Garmin." I've tried several methods that I've lost count, and now the GPS isn't recognizing a map when I turn it on. The file is still in there I'm sure because it's taking up atleast 1-2GB of space still. I can't just copy and paste the new updated IMG map on it because there's no room.

I know my other option is to use a sdcard for it but I really don't want to steer to that road. Been trying to update this device for two days now and have googled just about all I have, but many of the answers is just telling me to unhide all the folders, and that doesn't do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

From your description It sounds as if you accidently did something wrong trying to update which caused the GPS to no longer recognize the maps.

The first thing I would do is back everything up to a folder on a PC while the GPS still boots.

Perhaps the map inavbertently got renamed or moved, or corrupted and is there but not recognizeable. If you think th map is still there, search the entire GPS for the large file (over a Gig) and try renaming it, putting it back if it's moved or simply delete it. It is the only file that will be over a gig. Normally it should be named gmapprom.img see if you can free up the space.

You could also copy the entire contents of the GPS to a folder on a PC and try deleting (not formatting) everything in the 1300 and see if the space frees up. If the space frees up, recreate the folders manually one at a time and start moving files one (or a few) at a time back to the device watching the space consumed until you can identify the bad files.

There are a lot of ways to "try" and isolate the problem as long as you take a methodical approach. Once you have everything backed up to the PC you can try lot's experiments, even formatting if worse come to worse.

Before you do anythin you could also try putting a map (any map) on an SD and see if the GPS can boot and read it. Just creat a "Map" folder on an SD and place the map in it and the GPS should find it. For Example...

sd:\Map\anyname.img should work.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Tiger!

The only program I've used is Basecamp and so far, I've only updated the firmware. I believe the map stopped working on the GPS after that. But everything still looks the same when I open up the GPS folder. All the folders are still named the same and all the files are still in place. I've done a search for anything named map and the IMG file for the map isn't found. I found another IMG file but it's less than 1MB so I know that's not the file I'm looking for.

Anyway, I've taken your idea of moving the files to my PC and deleting everything on the 1300. Folder is empty now, but there's still something in there that I'm not finding because it's taking up 1.5GB of space. This is really bugging me! lol I cannot figure this out. I don't want to format it either because what if it deletes whatever makes this GPS works lol even though I've already backed up all the files from the GPS (132MB total only).

As for the SD card, I did try that last night and it does work, but I'm sort of trying to get this GPS updated without depending on the SD card.

I've updated two other Garmin GPS (diff models) last night too and it went perfectly smooth. It's just this GPS that's giving me a hard time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dood View Post
    Thanks for the reply Tiger!

The only program I've used is Basecamp and so far, I've only updated the firmware. I believe the map stopped working on the GPS after that. But everything still looks the same when I open up the GPS folder. All the folders are still named the same and all the files are still in place. I've done a search for anything named map and the IMG file for the map isn't found. I found another IMG file but it's less than 1MB so I know that's not the file I'm looking for.

Anyway, I've taken your idea of moving the files to my PC and deleting everything on the 1300. Folder is empty now, but there's still something in there that I'm not finding because it's taking up 1.5GB of space. This is really bugging me! lol I cannot figure this out. I don't want to format it either because what if it deletes whatever makes this GPS works lol even though I've already backed up all the files from the GPS (132MB total only).

As for the SD card, I did try that last night and it does work, but I'm sort of trying to get this GPS updated without depending on the SD card.

I've updated two other Garmin GPS (diff models) last night too and it went perfectly smooth. It's just this GPS that's giving me a hard time.
    Perhaps the map (gmapprom.img) is crosslinked with another file (corrupted file structure). I would do a right-click and get "properties" for each folder to find out which one is consuming all the space. Then drill down and do that with the files and sub folders to find the corrupt foldor or file.

You say the backup takes only 132MB yet there is 1.5GB used.... Something is being missed. When I suggested backing up to a PC I meant to say do a copy with drag-n-drop and not with backup tool. That way the file sizes on the PC will be very close to the values you see in the GPS. I would keep trying to isolate. If the files system is corrupt you may end up having to format th GPS so you want all you can salvage on the PC so you can just copy it back. I've never tried this but you could try running ChkDsk as you would on a PC drive and see what it reports.

Thanks

nuvi 1300 formatted

Hi,

I have a Nuvi 1300 that my friend has formatted and without backup. Someone can send me a backup of gps to "reinstall" or tell me how to solve this?

Thanks,
    Stacker

Randi is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: nuvi 1300 formatted

Have u try connect to PC and run WebUpdater? Or If still in waranty going back the unit to the shop and don't say anything just say : it doesn't work

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)