Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: nüvi 1490/1490T/1490TV/1490LMT

palmtree8 is offline Private
    Thanks

Indonesian Junction View, I know it exists but how do I enable it in my 1490?

Hi everyone...

I have a Nüvi 1490 LMT (purchased in Canada), and I'm currently using it in Indonesia. It's got the southeast asian map in it. The problem is, the Junction View mode doesn't seem to be working in Indonesia, so I suspect that I need an additional JCV file for Indonesia? Anybody know where I can get the file?

Take a look at the Garmin Indonesia site:

nuvi 3770LM | Di jalan | Produk | Garmin Indonesia

if you scroll to the very bottom, you'll see a screenshot of an Indonesian junction view (I know it for sure because the highways pictured in the screenshot are Jakarta highways)...so now that we know that it exists, how do I go about adding the Indonesian JCV file to my 1490?

Thanks!

Thanks

Nuvi 1490t can't accept copied files above about 6Mb

Hello, When connecting my Nuvi to my PC the other day, Win7 asked me if I wanted it to fix lost clusters on the Nuvi, and I said yes without thinking. Now it does not accept copied files above about 6Mb (including map updates) - always hangs at about 6Mb during a copy. I've tried deleting a number of unwanted language voice files, clearing about 40Mb, but it makes no difference.
    Please would you point me in the right direction? No alternative but to re-format? What is best way to reformat?
    Many thaks in advance (PS is doing a reply in an existing thread the only way to post? Couldn't find a "New Thread' option...)

palmtree8 is offline Private
    Thanks

My Nüvi 1490 LMT car charger is acting strange...is this normal?

If I use the 1490's car charger on it, the 1490 first goes into mass storage mode (green loading bar followed by a little image of a desktop computer -- which is what one would see when attaching the 1490 to a computer) before going into navigation mode.

On the other hand, if I use my Nüvi 265W car charger on the 1490, the mass storage mode is bypassed, and the 1490 goes straight into navigation mode, which is what I prefer (since it's annoying to have to go through the mass storage mode, which causes me to have to wait longer before I reach the navigation mode...)

So what's wrong with the 1490's car charger then?

Donovan2123 is offline Private
    Thanks

Anyone have a garmin nuvi 1490 or any 14xx if so i need your help urgently

Ok so heres what went wrong i was entering a postcode in to the sat nav when it decided to freeze on me and would not go past the garmin screen no matter what i did.

I tried hard reset and tried to connect it to computer but nothing worked.

I finanlly got it connected to computer and formatted device with out backing up the device. Now computer reconizes device fine but im stuffed as the format has deleted everything including the .system folder.

So what im wondering if someone cound give me the basic files to get nuvi up and running again. Maybe a full image back up of your device dont need maps however as i do have these.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Re: Anyone have a garmin nuvi 1490 or any 14xx if so i need your help urgently

So if you could maybe zip up a copy your garmin folders and files and upload them for me. I dont mind contributing some beer tokens for help if need be.

bjjfc is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,368 Times in 355 Posts

try to use Garmin WebUpdater for Windows to download all files necessary for your device.
    Click "Like" or "Thanks" to show your appreciation rather than post "Thanks"...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjjfc View Post
    try to use Garmin WebUpdater for Windows to download all files necessary for your device.
    I tried web updater and it doesn't recognize device. However if I hold top left of screen then boot device it is recognized andwWeb updater trys to download a file then error and says download corrupted. Also triedggarminddashboard using the same time method with finger and that says device is up to date even thou there's no folders Inc system folder on devic .

Thanks

I tried web updater and it doesn't recognize device. However if I hold top left of screen then Web updater does recognize device and then downloads file but errors saying download corrupted. Also tried garmin dashboard using the same method but that says software up to date. I hence I need a copy of someone's back up from the there 1490 to enable me to get device running again.
    Last edited by Donovan2123; 12th February 2013 at 09:30.

Thanks

So can someone be as kind to help me out ?

Thanks

I used garmin-cure.exe to enable device to be recognised which worked I have since copied all files from a good device which now allows Web updater to see device.

However device is still stuck on gamin boot image.

Webupdater keeps telling me there is 6.20 firmware update available which I install however I do not think it's installing even thou Web updater and mydash say installation complete. Reason why is it keeps asking me to update device to 6.20 every time I use Web updater or mydash. So it just keeps looping device update.

Another thing is if I use garmin cure to write original firmware it updates ok but then computer no longer recognizes device unless I hold top left corner which enables device to be recognised only by garminCure.exe.

Any suggestions

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)