Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: nüvi 250/250W

Kor@l is offline Global Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,778 Times in 438 Posts

Re: Nuvi 250 update help please

Use webupdater to update your Device firmware and than try again, you must have only the Garmin folder not the "Map" and put the IMG file named "gmapsupp.img" not "gmapprom.img"

cymrukid is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kor@l View Post
    Use webupdater to update your Device firmware and than try again, you must have only the Garmin folder not the "Map" and put the IMG file named "gmapsupp.img" not "gmapprom.img"
    Yep, ran webupdater before starting all this. Put the folder back to Garmin and the file is gmapsupp.img and still no joy.

I'm going to try a different update file next

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kor@l View Post
    Yep, ran webupdater before starting all this. Put the folder back to Garmin and the file is gmapsupp.img and still no joy.

I'm going to try a different update file next

Tiger is online now Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cymrukid View Post
    Hi,

I wanted to update my Nuvi 250. The internal memory reports as only being 1.45Gb and the "less than 2gb" Europe maps (available on this site), are 1.8Gb so I bought a 4gb SD card.

I formatted the card with FAT32, created a folder called Garmin and put the said unlocked Europe maps onto the SD card.

The card doesn't show up in Windows Explorer when looking at the Garmin's memory and the SD card maps do not show up under settings on the Garmin.

I changed the folder on the SD card to Maps from Garmin, but it hasn't made any difference.

Any suggestions please? Is the 4gb card the issue?
    The card should show up in Windows Explorer as it's own external USB drive, not part of the 250. Both the 250 an the card should show up independently, even when plugged into the 250.

The 4gig card should be OK.
    The map (gmapsupp.img) MUST be on the SD exactly like this
    x:\garmin\gmapsupp.img

The map (name and version) should show up on your "Map Info" screen and have a check box for selectability.

If that doesn't work, I can only think of 3 possibilities.
    1. The map is to large to load
    2. The map is not properly unlocked
    3. There is something wrong with the gmapsupp.img you are using.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Tiger;121716]2. The map is not properly unlocked
    [QUOTE]

The maps found on this site as "European <2gb" - Do they need to be unlocked and if so how please?

The SD card does show up in Windows Explorer and as you say as a separate drive, not under the device's drive.
    Last edited by cymrukid; 1st February 2012 at 23:49.

Thanks

[QUOTE=cymrukid;121743][QUOTE=Tiger;121716]2. The map is not properly unlocked

The maps found on this site as "European <2gb" - Do they need to be unlocked and if so how please?

The SD card does show up in Windows Explorer and as you say as a separate drive, not under the device's drive.
    I can't say if it needs to be unlocked but you can try it.

Copy the gmapsupp.img file to the PC
    Download and run the FastIMGUnlocker.exe tool on the gmapsupp.img and copy it back to SD, see if it works.

The tool will modify the gmapsupp.img so you may want to back up you original.

Also... before you do that check the name of your gmapsupp.img file on SD (do a right click and select "properties" to check the name. Sometimes, when renamed, these files IMG end up with the name "gmapsupp.img.img" because the extension is hidden in windows explorer.

Also... Have you tried disabling your pre-installed map and re-booting with the SD card installed? Perhaps the GPS doesn't have enough internal memory to load the map on SD properly.

Question... What maps are in your 250 as default maps? If you have the same mapset split between the GPS and an SD card (because you didn't have room for the full map internally) it will only be listed once on your MapInfo screen.

Thanks

Many thanks for your help Tiger.

I managed to get it working in the end by using a different map (one from 2011). The one I had for 2012 wasn't recognised and would not work.

This forum is great. Thanks to all for their help.

Bitchkilla is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Nuvi 250w merging maps

I am usually found on the TomTom side of this forum but I have got myself totally confused now.

I have been given a Nuvi 250w and a 4Gb SD card to update.
    He wants a new Europe map installed and as he is going to Florida soon, he wants Florida on.
    The Europe map has been installed onto the SD card.
    I have downloaded the North America map which has come down as "GMAPPROM.IMG". I thought that I could open this map in Mapsource and transfer the bits of America that were required, in this case, Florida to the Nuvi. I cannot open this map.

Help please

Thanks

Re: Nuvi 250w merging maps

Quote Originally Posted by Bitchkilla View Post
    I am usually found on the TomTom side of this forum but I have got myself totally confused now.

I have been given a Nuvi 250w and a 4Gb SD card to update.
    He wants a new Europe map installed and as he is going to Florida soon, he wants Florida on.
    The Europe map has been installed onto the SD card.
    I have downloaded the North America map which has come down as "GMAPPROM.IMG". I thought that I could open this map in Mapsource and transfer the bits of America that were required, in this case, Florida to the Nuvi. I cannot open this map.

Help please
    Any .IMG file is for a GPS only. It is mapsource output, not input.

Thanks

Re: Mexico Maps, especially Monterrey...

Quote Originally Posted by blovelight View Post
    I visited Monterrey two years before. So beautiful city.

You can find detailed information in Garmin City Navigator North America. I find everything I want in the map. Based on Google satellite map and Microsoft satellite map, you can develop your customer maps if you have Garmin 550T. It is great.

I saw the contour relief perfectly and ibycus only enhanced the appearance.Nevertheless on day i made the decision to erase the maps and basically wreck havoc on something which was working fine and today the map source v4 contour relief does not obtain that shadow look i have only curves, not the appearance i'd before.The map style used to do have is much like that on the or 550.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)