GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: StreetPilot 2720

bowser is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

2720 No Voice

What can be wrong with my 2720? It doesn't "speak" when the speak button is pressed and it doesn't give voice directions. Speaker on cord works fine with other units. Could this be a software issue, or is there something wrong with the unit? I want to use it on my m-bike, but haven't figure out how to hook it up to the auxiliary plug on the m-bike sound system.

Thanks

2720 Maps

Somehow I managed to get two maps on my 2720 - 2009 and 2011. How can I delete the 2009 to make more room on the 2720?

Thanks

Re: 2720 Maps

Here is the answer to install/delete images from the 2720 and maybe others:

Last edited by bowser; 6th July 2010 at 17:03.

Thanks

Street Pilot 2720 Motorcycle Use

I have a 2720 mounted on a motorcycle using the motorcycle wiring harness that has no speaker, but it does have a 2.5mm female plug, a positive and negative power connection, and two wires - black and brown that are not used. I'm only using the power connections and the unit runs fine. However, I can't hear the voice instructions. I have tried running an adapter from the 2.5mm female plug into the accessory plug on the audio system, but I all I get is a terrible hum. What are the black and brown wires for? Has anyone tried to connect the voice successfully?

Thanks

2720 Corrupt Voice File

I have not voice on my 2720. I think the voice file in the unit is corrupt. Is there a way to reload the voice file to the 2720?

tjpros is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: 2720 Corrupt Voice File

Hello. I spotted your question, but I need to ask you a question first before I can offer any help. When you say '2720', can you be more specific? Precisely what model or device you have, and what software you are using (Mobile XT?).

I believe you are using a StreetPilot 2720, hence I can give you a link here which will provide you with the downloads and support you need:

I hope this helped.

Thanks

Thanks for the response, yes it's a StreetPilot 2720. I tried the 7.20 reload, but it didn't help with the voice issue. Everything else works fine, just no voice commands. I am now wondering if its a hardware issue with the unit. I use it in my car and a motorcycle. It's gotten wet a time or two; although it's suppose to be waterproof - so, I'm wondering if water got into it and is causing a problem? If it's a hardware issue, I may have to get rid of it, as I am sure the fix would be more than the unit is worth.

Thanks

I'm very sorry you could'nt get it to work. Usually, with these things, its software, but like you said, it could be hardware and maybe its time you honourably retired it!

I've had another look...have you tried this file?

There are a whole load of voice files here specifically for your device:

Last edited by tjpros; 7th September 2010 at 22:21.

Thanks

I spoke to Garmin about the problem. He spent some time with me trying to get it going, but no go. However, it seems that I can send the 2720 to them and for $99.99 they will send me back a factory (probably refurbished) unit guaranteed for 12 months. I may take them up on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bowser View Post
    I spoke to Garmin about the problem. He spent some time with me trying to get it going, but no go. However, it seems that I can send the 2720 to them and for $99.99 they will send me back a factory (probably refurbished) unit guaranteed for 12 months. I may take them up on it.
    Those voice files above, they did'nt work? Hmmmmm.

I can't think of any other solution than either ROM update, or installing those individual voice files (found a whole page of them specifically for your device). I still believe that if your device powers up, and mostly works, its software. I don't know much about your device, however, I usually use Smartphones, and use various Satnav programmes like Garmin Mobile XT or iGO8 on them. I cannot think of any other solution.

Well, if you are dead set on using a 2720, then its probably your only option unless you seek out another one. Have a good browse through the net, though, to enable you to consider your options fully. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast