Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: nüvi 255/255W

joecool is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Nuvi 255w need help

try pressing tools - settings- map- map info and see if any of the map boxes are unticked

nuvi newbie is offline Private
    Thanks

been there done that, map pack is ticked, (CN Europe NT 2011.10) [Central & Eastern Europe] is the only map pack, there in no UK & ROI any more and when i try to change county i cannot change it to united kingdom as it does not reconise location have tried other locations every thing in europe ok but no uk or roi

Peach is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nuvi newbie View Post
    been there done that, map pack is ticked, (CN Europe NT 2011.10) [Central & Eastern Europe] is the only map pack, there in no UK & ROI any more and when i try to change county i cannot change it to united kingdom as it does not reconise location have tried other locations every thing in europe ok but no uk or roi
    check the mapset name - gmapsupp etc unl files in the garmin file system or sd card. check whether maps are still there. Use gmaptool to check whether the maps are faulty or with error. If missing or with error- only way recopy them back

Thanks

ok no SD card with the unit all on enternal memory, how do i search the folders on the unit to find out if maps are still there and if not where can i download a new UK, ROI and all europe map pack for free? i have just bought a new SD card and formatted it ready

thanks again

Andy1 is offline Master Sergeant
    Thanks

ok no SD card with the unit all on enternal memory, how do i search the folders on the unit to find out if maps are still there and if not where can i download a new UK, ROI and all europe map pack for free? i have just bought a new SD card and formatted it ready

thanks again
    The folders won't tell you what maps are installed, the Nuvi maps always have the same file name irrespective of region.
    As your unit is new, you qualify for free download from Garmin. In fact it appears to me reading between the line of the thread that you have downloaded latest maps from Garmin. Because of the limited space on 255, the install has asked which area of Europe you want to install. You have selected the default central and eastern Europe which excludes UK and Ireland.
    I suggest you ensure you have a download that includes mapsource and then you can put all the maps onto an SD card to ensure you have full coverage. A 4Gb SD card is best from reading forums. 2Gb too small!.

You can fit the whole of Europe onto a 255 but you need to delete other files that you don't require e.g. other vehicle icons and languages. As a newbie you may want to avoid this option until you are more acquainted with what is required. You don't want an expensive paper weight.

Hope this helps

A
    Last edited by Andy1; 3rd July 2010 at 18:32.

Thanks

ok, this is where you can tell how much of a newbie i am :P, ok where can i download the maps and also how do i get my nuvi to read the sd card, i do have mapsource on comp from garmin, but have no idea where to start,

thanks again, and yes andy you seem to have hit the nail on the head with where i have gone wrong

Thanks

ok, this is where you can tell how much of a newbie i am :P, ok where can i download the maps and also how do i get my nuvi to read the sd card, i do have mapsource on comp from garmin, but have no idea where to start,

thanks again, and yes andy you seem to have hit the nail on the head with where i have gone wrong
    Plug card into Nuvi.
    Plug Nuvi into PC

In mapsource use select tool to select whole of are required
    Change the Section Name to All

Click the upload button
    You can then select the "drive" you want them to go to.
    Select the card
    Wait a long time depending on PC performance.

Done

Good luck

A

Thanks

Thanks Andy,

you been a great help!!! in middle of uploading now, will let you know how i get on

thanks again

Mart

Thanks

its working!!!!!!

thanks folks esp Andy for all your help

Mart

Thanks

You're welcome