GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: nüvi 2350/2350LT/2350LMT

Thanks

nüvi 2350/2350LT/2350LMT

Hi,
    I just got this new Nuvi 2350 with firmware 3.0. I want to add other region map into it. I did the usual with gmapsupp.img and gmapsupp.unl file and put it in the Map folder(this device has the .System folder where they store all gmapprom.img, gmapprom.gma file) I read from somewhere that I need to create the Map folder under the root folder and put the map and the unlock file there. once start the nuvi up,

it said "cannot authenticate the map product"

I'm sure that I do everything correct in terms of generating the key and making the unl file.

Anyone who has the unit with new file system(.System) Please share your knowledge

Thank you very much in Advance.

cloud

aide1 is offline Private
    Thanks

garmin 2350 routes

I just picked up the 2350lmt. I have made up a route in mapsource and transferred to the GPS and mapsource says complete, but where do I find it on the GPS. Ready to pull out the last of my hair lol

aide1 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: garmin 2350 routes

Umm I thought for sure I hit new post.

x-trail is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aide1 View Post
    I just picked up the 2350lmt. I have made up a route in mapsource and transferred to the GPS and mapsource says complete, but where do I find it on the GPS. Ready to pull out the last of my hair lol
    As with 37xx models, you can NOT transfer mapsource routes to 2xxx models.
    In the official Garmin site says "...100 routes" but they don't say "...transfered by mapsource" so they think they are "covered"
    In the new models like yours, Garmin changed the way a route is calculated in the device, so NO transfering!!!
    The routes are transferred, but not recognized by the device!!!
    You can only create and store up to 100 routes using ONLY your device.
    The stored routes in the device are called xxxxxxx.trip

A way to bypass this, is to create a route in Mapsource using Waypoints at the places you want your route to pass and then transfer those waypoints to the device.
    In Mapsource, name the waypoints something like A001, A002, A003, A004..... so it's easier to find them later in the device.
    Use these waypoints to create your route in the device.

aide1 is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x-trail View Post
    As with 37xx models, you can NOT transfer mapsource routes to 2xxx models.
    In the official Garmin site says "...100 routes" but they don't say "...transfered by mapsource" so they think they are "covered"
    In the new models like yours, Garmin changed the way a route is calculated in the device, so NO transfering!!!
    The routes are transferred, but not recognized by the device!!!
    You can only create and store up to 100 routes using ONLY your device.
    The stored routes in the device are called xxxxxxx.trip

A way to bypass this, is to create a route in Mapsource using Waypoints at the places you want your route to pass and then transfer those waypoints to the device.
    In Mapsource, name the waypoints something like A001, A002, A003, A004..... so it's easier to find them later in the device.
    Use these waypoints to create your route in the device.
    Thank you for the helpful post. Darn that garmin company with there "covered stuff" Using trip planer is a pain in the but and so time consuming. When you save one spot and go back to map it's a home base again so i find there is way to much scrolling. I ride motorcycle so I want to use back roads with a lot of twist and turns ( fun factor) and as we know the garmins don't take us there on there own.