GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: zūmo 210 CE/220

swiss is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

zūmo 210 CE/220

Does anybody here have experience with the new Zumo 210 or the 220 (which is supposed to be the same device just with more cards)?

If so would be pleased to hear experiences, if there are any specific troubles when it comes to later on load updated maps into that specific device.

I am going to buy a new device for my bike - and Garmin is new to me in usage. As I am using Sygic on my mobile on TomTom in my car - I was planning to buy the new TomTom Urban Rider. But the Tom Tom Urban Rider has only 2 GB of internal memory and no possibility to expand it with an SD card. Thats too little. So I was thinking to get a Garmin device for the 1st time in my life.
    Last edited by swiss; 15th May 2011 at 17:33.

Thanks

Re: zūmo 210 CE/220

I have a Zumo 220 on my bike for more than 8 months.
    Travelling without any problem around all Spain and France routes.

I use a 4gb sd external card , where I put the actualized IMG map, POIs, etc... Voice assist for radar ( wav. format, doesn´t admit mp3 archives). I intalled too in the sd card a Topo Map of Spain, that works fine on Zumo 220.

Only one problem !
    If you conect your Zumo 220 with your motorcycle headset (Cardo scala rider in my case) , isn´t posible to connect at same time your mobile phone by bluetooh.

For the rest, I am very happy with this device.

swiss is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Thank you panpa for this reply!
    So you left the original map in the device and put the cracked map into the SD card.
    After studying a bit further I noticed that Zumo also offers the possibility for topo cards. Good thing of one goes offroad like I sometimes do a little bit on my BMW.

TomTom does not have the option for topo cards if I remember correctly, so thats another good point to get a Zumo and not a TomTom Urban Rider.

Will go and get a Garmin device now soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post
    Thank you panpa for this reply!
    So you left the original map in the device and put the cracked map into the SD card.
    Rigth !

But.. You need to know, when you are using topo maps, the GPS has disabled routing funtion Not posible to made a route-trip with topo maps.

Using MapSource you can build a IMG archive, joining diferents maps in one.

zakou is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I have made 10 routes to use with europeNT, ADRIA, and OFRM Bulgaria Maps ! How many Routes created in Mapsource can you send on this device or the SD card?
    The cracked maps installed on the SD card are in a folder called "garmin" and inside you put the "img" file?

Thanks

I am also glad that I bought a zumo 220. I only would like to know where I can find the original map? For me it is hidden,

alan29 is offline Private
    Thanks

Has anyone been able to pair their Zumo 220 with a cheap bluetooth headset - the kind they sell for mobiles £10 - £20? I really don't want to spend a fortune on a scala.

LinkBacks (?)